CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Am I missing something about Contra? Everyone constantly talks about how he has as much talent as anyone and how much he deserves to be on a "top team," but I don't recall him really standing out much on either Winterfox or Optic. In fact, I remember him playing relatively poorly on those teams in most of the games I watched (or at least no better than any of his teammates). Maybe I watched the wrong games or something, but I don't really understand why everyone seems to think he's done anything to deserve a spot on any better team than those. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's terrible or anything, but the way people talk about him makes it seem like he belongs on EG or something.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Am I missing something about Contra? Everyone constantly talks about how he has as much talent as anyone and how much he deserves to be on a "top team," but I don't recall him really standing out much on either Winterfox or Optic. In fact, I remember him playing relatively poorly on those teams in most of the games I watched (or at least no better than any of his teammates). Maybe I watched the wrong games or something, but I don't really understand why everyone seems to think he's done anything to deserve a spot on any better team than those. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's terrible or anything, but the way people talk about him makes it seem like he belongs on EG or something.

I'm just as confused as you are. He's a pretty good slayer who belongs between 6th and 12th place. He has done nothing to indicate otherwise. I can't believe he was brought up as a 4th for APG, Heinz, and Ola, who are top 10 players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember him wrecking while on Optic the first LAN, but not doing so well at finals.

For the 1 LAN he was with WFX, he had a great day 1 (compared to the rest of the team), but sort of fell apart day 2. Ended up at the ER or something...

MES will do well with Halo.

Michigan is a good location for Halo. I think they are plenty of Halo players in Michigan and in the surrounding areas.

Good news for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wish Nor cal wasn't ignored by comp Halo :/ They should have a San Francisco tourney :D

We get the shaft when it comes to Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

his (contra's) individual skill is undeniable is the point i think some rational people are making.

also, don't get fooled by a few little kids on here trying to make more of it than it is.  it was literally 2-3 people on here speculating/postulating/thinking out loud in an extremely random manner that maybe a player like contra would be able to contribute to a top team.  there was no "fellating" or any other childish hyperbole about him.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I didn't get the hype either but then watched maybe 20-30 hours of Contra's stream ... the kid is absolutely ridiculously talented, at least in terms of 1v1 skill / raw slaying ability (I'm guessing the 4v4 skill isn't there yet?).  His gameplay was very impressive and very distinctive

• Upvote (+1) 2

And I thought you were ignoring me. Admit it, babe. You love me. Now let's drop all this "rational" and "little kids" talk and get on with some hot cyber humping!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Contra is good, very good. I mean he is a pro caliber player what else needs to be said?

He's not good enough to be on a team with APG, Heinz, and Ola at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 6

He's not good enough to be on a team with APG, Heinz, and Ola at this point.

I wouldn't expect that to happen but who knows ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

His individual skill is up there, he just needs to be on a team that can bring it out in him

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get so hyped seeing all these announcements for NA tournaments and then I remember that being British means that the scene over here isn't going to grow big enough to be worth competing for just yet.

I get so hyped seeing all these announcements for NA tournaments and then I remember that being British means that the scene over here isn't going to grow big enough to be worth competing for just yet.

Pretty bad way of looking at things. Attendance at tournaments towards the start of a games lifespan is relatively quite high over here, and generally the prizepool scales with the attendance so if money is your motivator early tournaments will be your best bet. 

The first scheduled tournament is i56 in December, no doubt there will be HWC qualifiers scattered about before/after then as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see EGL & (dear god hopefully) Gfinity get back involved during this period also. Get involved mate, insomnia events especially are always good fun!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Pretty bad way of looking at things. Attendance at tournaments towards the start of a games lifespan is relatively quite high over here, and generally the prizepool scales with the attendance so if money is your motivator early tournaments will be your best bet.

The first scheduled tournament is i56 in December, no doubt there will be HWC qualifiers scattered about before/after then as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see EGL & (dear god hopefully) Gfinity get back involved during this period also. Get involved mate, insomnia events especially are always good fun!

Money wasn't what I was aiming at big prize pools don't exactly bother me it's the competition I enjoy it's just the whole getting a team/getting your name out there isn't as easy to do just yet, not saying it's really easy to do in America because I've spoke to people that struggle to find people dedicated enough to compete that are also from America.

Just out of curiosity, how exactly was Contra clashing with his teammates? He probably was clashing with Optic because they never practiced. He probably clashed with Winterfox because they would push all time no matter what. (Which isn't smart at all if the other team has total map control, it's basically feeding. I remember Chig said something like "don't winterfox it" which means blow your lead by pushing for no reason.) If those are the reasons why he clashed, then my mind would explode and implode simultaneously.

Just out of curiosity, how exactly was Contra clashing with his teammates? He probably was clashing with Optic because they never practiced. He probably clashed with Winterfox because they would push all time no matter what. (Which isn't smart at all if the other team has total map control, it's basically feeding. I remember Chig said something like "don't winterfox it" which means blow your lead by pushing for no reason.) If those are the reasons why he clashed, then my mind would explode and implode simultaneously.

Ace said he was full of himself basically. Had a huge ego for nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 2