CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Everyone talking about Contra. Elumite was HUGE part of that win. 

Also Huke LMFAO. "Not much like other halos"  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sucks to see a player locked in for top 3 when Ogre 2 was on CLG and then not even make it to the tournament at all because of the last minute team changes. I hope to see the world burn at HWC. Really hoping every upset that can happen does happen.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

wow, i feel bad for mikwen more than anyone.  Lets see what envy can do after worlds

Break up? I don't take pleasure in saying that, Ola and Mikwen are my 2 favourite players, and obviously 2gre not being at worlds is just wrong. But considering what this team has on paper they've essentially achieved nothing. I know they formed last minute but they've had long enough to practice and be better than Denial, this lineup just doesn't work. I'd be surprised to see them last.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't want to come off as a dick, but there was so much blind optimism for this NV squad. As soon as the pools were announced I saw Denial going through, people kept saying 2gre on LAN, Ola on LAN. Sorry but Denial is damn good and have been grinding and earning their place at Worlds. They aren't a pushover, in fact they might be a top 4 squad.

I still don't understand why Ola and Mikwen weren't grinding more when they were first teamed up with Heinz and APG.

None of them talked openly about it, and I understand that the chemistry wasn't there maybe, but there was about zero scimming out of the nV squad from the get go. 

Weird situation. 

Just logging on for scrims is no longer enough. There's a lot of pros that waited too long to practice and some still never put the time in when everyone else was passing them. 2-3 hours of practice for 2 months followed by a couple weeks of true grinding for hours is not good enough.

well put

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we have another LCQ for nV? They have to beat all the other non-NA teams to qualify. I think that would be justifiable. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I feel like Denial can only get better. Young players and Huke just started playing. And I really wanted to see Mikwen make it in to worlds. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wouldn't be surprised if 2gre retires now.

I hope he doesn't have a knee jerk reaction and decide to retire. Halo 5 is as old as a newborn baby, so much time to hit the books and come back strong after this. 

Thankfully still have players to cheer for:

• Love the Renegades squad
  • Lethul and Snakebite
  • EG are a great group of guys

Man as bad as I feel for 2gre and Pistola, I can't help but be pumped for Denial. This team could make some serious noise at worlds. Also for a team as young as they are to stay composed like they did going down 0-1, they just seem really impressive and I'm beginning to root for them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Quick question. Out of the 16 teams at this event, where does NV stand? I don't think they are top 8.

EG, CLG, Denial, Liquid, Elevate, Noble, Allegiance, RNG are all better. Unfortunately Pool A is weak and one of those teams won't make it but I still don't see NV in that top 8.

They could have been there but Ola and Mikwen waited til 3 weeks prior to this event to start grinding.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

TRAAAP about to come in here and say I told you so lmao

Probably but they lost as a team. I mean the terrible plays were on display for everyone to see so we know why.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@LethuL just gained even more haters.   

forreal though, congrats to Denial, they just outplayed nV today with everything on the line

• Upvote (+1) 2

It doesn't rub me the right way that there will be some Asian teams in worlds that will be free kills and nV is out.

I'm probably just salty.

Pisses me off man. Will only be more pissed when those non-NA teams lose 50-10 at worlds.

EDIT: I don't mean all non-NA teams, a few are REALLY good

• Upvote (+1) 1