CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not saying this is an ideal solution, but the players COULD have boycotted playing. MLG clearly had those Astros in storage and ready to go.

The players needed to give MLG no option BUT to fix the situation. They should not have played through it. Whats MLG going to do? Cancel the tournament and have NO teams from NA play in the WC? Yeah, right.

And you know I'm not trying to rain on your parade. You're my boy. But the players as a collective should have absolutely done more if it was as big as an issue as it was.

AFAIK the mixamps were over-nighted by Astro

Idk how it'd even be possible to do this from a logistical standpoint. Not enough hours in the day, and I doubt enough of the players/orgs on the winning teams would buy in.

there are two warm-up stations backstage that could be used if necessary
  • Upvote (+1) 4

AFAIK the mixamps were over-nighted by Astro

Very possible. I'm struggling to see that MLG did not have a supply of mix amps on deck though. You dont run an event at this scale without having two, or three of every item in case of this sort of thing happening.

EDIT: @@RyaNoob confirmed astros were delivered overnight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Neg me all you want but I love Halo, it's currently the only Xbox One game I have and this sound stuff should not be happening at the biggest tournament we have ever had. I mean come on, they didn't even bother changing @LiquidNinjaTB in the player profiles....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Neg me all you want but I love Halo, it's currently the only Xbox One game I have and this sound stuff should not be happening at the biggest tournament we have ever had. I mean come on, they didn't even bother changing @LiquidNinjaTB in the player profiles....

The twitter handle part is on the 343 production...which I'm sure it was just overlooked.

Don't try to compare the two issues there.

So after avoiding this site untill I've watched the rebroadcast on twitch, I'd like to thank you guys for all the memes and posts. Reading all these posts made me feel like I was going through all the moments again with you guys. <3

Times like this make me hate for living in the Netherlands and having such a big time difference.. Also can't watch till late, because I'm at my girlfriend's house :'(

Although I look forward to reading all the posts tomorrow again and seeing the huge amount of memes!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Something just bothers me a lot about the players not being more assertive towards their sound issue. If I couldn't hear a teammate for a huge game, I'd be making a stink about it. They can't DQ someone for sound troubles.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The twitter handle part is on the 343 production...which I'm sure it was just overlooked.

Don't try to compare the two issues there.

Oh, I know but when I mentioned how sloppy events and production can be, the forum likes to neg me to hell. I get negged for calling out sloppy production/planning and the past 2 pages have been people saying to call it out. I'm very much a part of this community and I want it to succeed but it just seems as though nobody can take criticism. As I mentioned earlier, other games I hardly play but love to watch don't have these problems. It just makes us look bad, man. That's all I'm saying (:

Something just bothers me a lot about the players not being more assertive towards their sound issue. If I couldn't hear a teammate for a huge game, I'd be making a stink about it. They can't DQ someone for sound troubles.

Agreed.

Does each of them NO GOOD to wait until after they lose to go on twitter and blurt the issues.  Not 1 game was delayed (once the matches actually started up) to show that they were trying to resolve a sound issue. 

i don't know if everyone is dealing with different people than me or not but we have had audio problems before each series and we have just addressed it and they got up there and messed with all of the stuff and ended up fixing it. it sucks it wasn't fixed but from the sounds of it people could have been more assertive, they aren't going to dq anyone for having 1 player on the team say he literally can't communicate with anyone else.

I absolutely agree with you on that note! We brought the techs and they made adjustments and cable swaps. It still didn't alleviate the issue, or even mitigate it. In the end, they said "that's how everyone's is". And that clearly was not a true statement. What would your 100% solvable solution have been, if the minor fixes the tech made still rendered you at a handicap? As a low profile/reputation player such as myself, I would be committing career suicide for delaying any longer and complaining. I'm not in a position to argue my audio is shit, especially without prior extensive tournament experience.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ok if it happens again get me I'll save the day

Okay, it happened, will you please save the day and push for a replay on 100% equal and fair circumstances? Players were held and forced to compete on a handicap.

• Upvote (+1) 3

no lol, our match was very first for one and they could have delayed it right there since nothing was behind. Sucks but there's 0 chance they replay that. Sure it might not have been 100% fair for blue team even though I think it was a solvable problem but that's also not fair to the teams that won the day before.

How is it unfair to replay for the teams that won?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Especially 2gre. He seems really assertive tbh, and if it really was the worst sound he's had to deal with for over 10 years it's weird he didn't make a bigger issue about it.

It's 2.5 mil.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed.

Does each of them NO GOOD to wait until after they lose to go on twitter and blurt the issues.  Not 1 game was delayed (once the matches actually started up) to show that they were trying to resolve a sound issue. 

Yeah, the first game should have been indicative enough.

Especially 2gre. He seems really assertive tbh, and if it really was the worst sound he's had to deal with for over 10 years it's weird he didn't make a bigger issue about it.

It's 2.5 mil.

It's a big mystery indeed. He is a professional player with over a decade of experience -- his silence was mystifying.

With the audio issues.

The team that wins doesn't want to replay. The team that loses may want to replay, and when a winning team does replay(I.E OpTic Last Chance Qualifier).

Then not only does it work in favor of the losing team but if the winning team wins... Again, then they are indeed the winning team out of two series. 

I've always disliked pool playing being a 1 series match-up between the teams. Obviously time constraint but I would love best of 3 series. so up to 15 games. Because the tournament is meant to find the better 8 teams... So more matches played really shows the better team. 

I got some footage of Coach Big-T back in the hotel room trying to motivate Optic Halo

WdeJasZ.gif

:apg:

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't think all of blue was bad, it sounded like it was only really bad with the Ogre2/Ninja/Kephrii seat.

You only really need one bad/scratchy wire or mix amp in the group to make the whole network sound like shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1