CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is such an unfortunate situation. On one hand, the teams that won were obviously favorites and would have most likely won regardless since they were on red side. On the other hand, who knows if teams like Optic, NV, or RNG would have been able to clutch it out with better audio.

RNG will likely still qualify for Worlds, but NV and Optic are two teams that perhaps deserve a rematch.

I know I'm probably a little biased but Liquid definitely weren't the favourites against RNG.

RNG haven't dropped a single game against Liquid since Ninja moved.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is such an unfortunate situation. On one hand, the teams that won were obviously favorites and would have most likely won regardless since they were on red side. On the other hand, who knows if teams like Optic, NV, or RNG would have been able to clutch it out with better audio.

RNG will likely still qualify for Worlds, but NV and Optic are two teams that perhaps deserve a rematch.

nV will be fine - they should be able to beat Denial & WFX. Nobody expected them to beat EG anyway. 

I think Optic is the team that got screwed the most, as that was their most important match of group play, and communication is so important for their playstyle. OTOH, I haven't seen any complaints from them on Twitter...

I know I'm probably a little biased but Liquid definitely weren't the favourites against RNG.

RNG haven't dropped a single game against Liquid since Ninja moved.

Yeah, but I think TL was super hungry/motivated after X-games, and they'd gone toe to toe with EG in scrims recently, so had definitely improved. Add Elamite into the mix, and I think they'd have still won if both sides had perfect audio.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No Allegiance on the mainstage is a fucking bummer.

• Upvote (+1) 4

nV will be fine - they should be able to beat Denial & WFX. Nobody expected them to beat EG anyway. 

I think Optic is the team that got screwed the most, as that was their most important match of group play, and communication is so important for their playstyle. OTOH, I haven't seen any complaints from them on Twitter...

I havent seen anyone from optic complain about the audio issues tho...

Probably already been said, but huge props to 343 and MLG for giving free XB1 controllers to all spectators at the event. In a tournament that's been riddled with sound problems, delays, bad casting, and so on, that was a nice move showing support for the fanbase.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, but I think TL was super hungry/motivated after X-games, and they'd gone toe to toe with EG in scrims recently, so had definitely improved. Add Elamite into the mix, and I think they'd have still won if both sides had perfect audio.

Lifestyle had replied to my tweet confirming the setup was garbage. He sat in the same seat as hoax, me, ninja, ogre, etc. I had deleted my tweet though and his comment got lost.

yeah that was surprising, especially since Flame has a history of being vocal when there's hardware issues

Regardless, I'm still  :salt:  :salt:

double post my bad.

Hoping for EG (not worried about them) and envy to pull through

It is true that the EG series was probably their least significant series in terms of securing a win, but Denial is no joke and might be able to beat them if they're not playing their best.

You don't think RNG aren't also hungry? RNG also beat EG 9-3 (it might have been 10-3) in a scrim just the other day.

I think the fact that the games were so close even with RNG at a disadvantage shows that RNG could and probably should have won.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Since when was hysteria "just a guy who killed things?" Walshy said that in TP vs Optic. I remember a tournament in 2008 where he had most objective time and went most positive. I always saw him as one of the most well-rounded players except maybe in attitude.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't a few pros complain about audio issues after events in S1/S2 where they tried to use the same setup?

If so, did they not learn anything?

I feel like Allegiance vs Triggers Pound is going to be the much better game to watch than Optic vs Dream Team. But I suppose MLG is trying to keep those Optic fans engaged.

So all of Blue side was fucked up and Red side was perfect? ok

I don't think all of blue was bad, it sounded like it was only really bad with the Ogre2/Ninja/Kephrii seat.

I feel like Allegiance vs Triggers Pound is going to be the much better game to watch than Optic vs Dream Team. But I suppose MLG is trying to keep those Optic fans engaged.

Alg is really getting the short end of the stick lately. They grind the fuck out of GB and get the first seed and now they're not really showcased for all their hard work on a national level. #feelsbadman

• Upvote (+1) 1

So all of Blue side was fucked up and Red side was perfect? ok

ehm no there was one seat on blue that was barely able to hear anything.

And idk in a 4v4 game with such a dependance on call outs this is a dealbreaker

ehm no there was one seat on blue that was barely able to hear anything.

And idk in a 4v4 game with such a dependance on call outs this is a dealbreaker

Keep in mind that seat was filled with HUGE strategists. Ogres entire guidance/callouts were inaudible and vice versa. Same with Gary and Ninja. Not that I matter but I'm also the most vocal on my team.

• Upvote (+1) 7