CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why is it such a big deal now to have sound proof everything? Back in the day you'd just have like 300 people sitting in a hotel conference room all playing. Wasn't a problem then, wasn't a big deal in H3 with casting. I just don't understand why they force them to use those garbage mixamps mixed with those god awful headsets.

Sidenote: Hopefully Astro sent out some TR products. Would love to see those put to use and reviewed after an event like this. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can't replay! Would cause much more of a problem especially if a team like RNG would win the second time around. 

Red team will take the advantage

Team Liquid be like

200.gif

Why is it such a big deal now to have sound proof everything? 

because people will cheat if there's a million dollars on the line

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, it might cause more a problem now if the games are replayed, but at least we know teams would be playing on an equal playing field. Logistically, I don't think it is possible. It is really unfortunate though that there will be an asterisk on the first day, and subsequently this weekend. 

because people will cheat if there's a million dollars on the line

People will cheat regardless of the prize pool. Was never an issue before. 

As much as it sucks to know that there were major audio issues yesterday I'm really glad to see that they're bringing in Astro Mixamps as a solution. Definitely the superior option.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't Ninja sit on the spot with the broken mix amp? And Renegades pretty much lost the game after Vic X naded needle which killed Ninja. Maybe Vic X said something but Ninja couldn't hear because of said broken mix amp  :apg:

#fanboy #replaythegames #makeithappenh3cz # :puckett:

• Upvote (+1) 9

I don't think a replay is impossible. Streaming the replays is impossible but just playing again off stream and off the schedule is something that could happen. I'd honestly like for it to happen if the audio issues were as big of a deal as people are making them out to be.

There's too much money and hard work on the line to not be 100% certain of the results.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I am really surprised the audio problem went on that long. You would think after the first match, someone on the Blue side would have said "yo my audio if fucked up". And it would have been fixed.

If players did, and MLG just ignored it, then players have grounds for a complaint/replay/legal action.

Didn't Ninja sit on the spot with the broken mix amp? And Renegades pretty much lost the game after Vic X naded needle which killed Ninja. Maybe Vic X said something but Ninja couldn't hear because of said broken mix amp  :apg:

#fanboy #replaythegames #makeithappenh3cz # :puckett:

Yup, same place as 2GRE.

When you've got the GOAT saying it's the worst setup he's ever competed on you know you've fucked up, this problem should have been addressed immediately.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I don't think a replay is impossible. Streaming the replays is impossible but just playing again off stream and off the schedule is something that could happen. I'd honestly like for it to happen if the audio issues were as big of a deal as people are making them out to be.

Sure the teams who won would be upset(if they lose), but they didn't really beat them fair and square, no fault of their own of course. It would be the same scenario as a team letting a replay happen after someone lags out. 

If ALL these pros are coming forward and calling shenanigans, it's too important to ignore. It's MLG's fault for not dealing with it right away. Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Weren't they working on the blue side after yesterday's first match? I can't remember if they were, but I could have swore I saw someone on stream working on it. Maybe that is what caused the delay?

Weren't they working on the blue side after yesterday's first match? I can't remember if they were, but I could have swore I saw someone on stream working on it. Maybe that is what caused the delay?

Think that was to fix the black screen on stream

People will cheat regardless of the prize pool. Was never an issue before. 

all through H2A there were never any soundproof boxes and the players could still wear their astros. People think they would listen to the commentators but i can guarantee you that their volumes are so loud and they are so focused on the game/teammates talking that they would never be able to focus on outside noise.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Why would they go the cheap route. was this happening on the red side also or just blue. Now is it true there making soundproof booths. COME ON MAN get it together people.

all through H2A there were never any soundproof boxes and the players could still wear their astros. People think they would listen to the commentators but i can guarantee you that their volumes are so loud and they are so focused on the game/teammates talking that they would never be able to focus on outside noise.

This

When I'm playing with my astros on and my gf tries to ask me something I have to move the headset off of one ear to hear her. They work incredibly well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

so with optic vs Dream Team being moved to the 2 pm slot, what does that mean for the Triggers Pound vs Alliegence? 

Are they switching stages? Or are they moving the TP vs ALG games back?

Group A - Round 2 (Decided to update the graphic again so its more "in sync")

OckqlKF.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

The integrity of the competition for a 2.5 million dollar prize must be fundamentally perfect. MLG had one job: Run the competition smoothly. Why even try to save a buck with cheap equipment? Astros are undoubtely the best for mixamps and that's what should been used from the start.

Imagine if all players boycott Day 2 unless they get a replay. Would never happen, but would be nice not having to think of "what if."

No Naded on Main Stage? :(

Aren't they playing Optic?

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is such an unfortunate situation. On one hand, the teams that won were obviously favorites and would have most likely won regardless since they were on red side. On the other hand, who knows if teams like Optic, NV, or RNG would have been able to clutch it out with better audio.

RNG will likely still qualify for Worlds, but NV and Optic are two teams that perhaps deserve a rematch.

If the audio problems were really so bad that players couldn't hear complete sentences and had static and screeching in their ears...that is a huge disadvantage and could easily change a series. Those games need to be replayed if at all possible. By the way, this is coming from someone who was happy or neutral about all of the match results at first. The competition fundamentally does not have integrity if a team at this level has a player that can't hear callouts.

• Upvote (+1) 2