CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We had some really good discussion all day yesterday over in the Discord chat. If you're looking to join a voice chat about the event today, PM for an invite or look for Simms to post a link!

Looking forward to day 2! Hope the audio issue is fixed though

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ain't gonna happen.

Yeah unfortunately that'll be the case. I just know that if I were on a team that lost a match due to issues out of my hands then I'd push for a replay as much as possible.

Day 2 will soon be upon us soon gentlemen. Just caught the last game as I fell asleep, agreed with @@careh Liquid vs Rng by far the best game on stream.

My prediction today - Lansteria and Thunder Cloud will go huge, TP will advance to worlds and then with extra practice in the run up to worlds will become a serious top 8 contending team and possibly get picked up by a massive org (PLEASE GOD LET IT HAPPEN)

Either way, let's see who's moving on to try take home a piece of that sweet ass crowd funded apple pie

And yes the discord will be back online once again for those who wants to come hang, shout out to neighbour for stopping by and chatting with the community yesterday.

batman_joker_card_HD.png

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

6IQXhfw.png

Too much of eLevate imo

The simultaneous group play format forced this. One team had to have 3 main stage series, and since elevate/noble has been talked about as probably biggest series of all group play that had to be shown meaning either elevate or noble had to be the 3 main stage team.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

There's no way they'll replay the matches from yesterday. It is odd, though, that it was such a real and consistent problem yet nothing was done about it. Were the issues not as noticeable pre-game? Between games did players on the faulty mix amps say anything to the refs? I just don't understand why it was allowed to continue all day.

As Randa tweeted, it sucks to see what is effectively the first round of the $2.5 mil tournament being played on $2.50 equipment.

Nevertheless, Astro has overnighted their own mixamps and accessorial equipment, so things should be good to go today. I feel for nV, OpTic, Overdrive, and every other blue team that got the shaft. Rooting for nV and OpTic to make it out today.

How did they not have extra's of the hardware and cabling to swap one out? where are the backups and the backup for your backups?  given the prize of the tourney, that shit is not expensive.  It's really unacceptable that audio issues like that would persist throughout the day especially given how much damn downtime there was between matches at various points of the day.

It's extremely upsetting that because of faulty equipment there is the possibility that this has a huge effect on the world championships. In reality, that would probably only affect Renegades as they could have a higher seeding. Now they will most likely run into an elite team early at the world championships (if they make it past today). I am seriously hoping that they are able to beat CLG if they advance, but that match up looks brutal. 

I am glad that they are taking care of the problem, but think it is a bit ridiculous that there will be this clout over the rest of the tournament and we are all left with the question of "What could have been if the equipment worked properly?" It is totally plausible that nothing would have changed, but we still don't know. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully MLG makes the necessary adjustments so that sound quality is acceptable tomorrow.

I don't want to have a tournament where players complain about their playing conditions. Bad for all involved. Makes things feel cheap.

I can't believe that MLG, who's only job is to host video game tournaments, can't seem to host a video game tournament.

Why no sound proof booth at the MLG arena? Why force players to use the worst mix amp on the market?

For many of these players, this is their livelihood. For God's sake, give them the basic equipment needed to perform.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As soon as they get there and the players start warming up, we will most likely see tweets saying how garbage those mixamps were compared to the Astros. Upsets and closer series were probably a possibility yesterday but we were robbed just as the players affected were robbed. Salt level: Maxed

• Upvote (+1) 6

I believe the sound could have made a difference(dunno if it would have gave RNG the win though) in the liquid/RNG series because the games were so close. I dunno bout any of the others because I didn't watch them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, the mixamps were a problem. But I truly think we'd have seen the same wins yesterday even with better equipment. Maybe some series would have been closer, but the overall wins would've been the same.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The audio issue is actually pretty embarrassing for MLG. This should not be an issue in an eSports event in 2016. It would be like the NHL forcing the teams to use certain hockey sticks during the playoff, but provided broken ones only to half the teams.

I know this may sound crazy, but does anyone else feel like ALL the games from yesterday should be replayed due to technical problems. I know it probably won't happen, but I would love the drama if it did.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I believe the sound could have made a difference(dunno if it would have gave RNG the win though) in the liquid/RNG series because the games were so close. I dunno bout any of the others because I didn't watch them.

The fact that the RNG/Liquid series was so close even with RNG at a disadvantage would indicate it very well could have gone the other way had RNG not had audio issues.

The audio issue is actually pretty embarrassing for MLG. This should not be an issue in an eSports event in 2016. It would be like the NHL forcing the teams to use certain hockey sticks during the playoff, but provided broken ones only to half the teams.

I know this may sound crazy, but does anyone else feel like ALL the games from yesterday should be replayed due to technical problems. I know it probably won't happen, but I would love the drama if it did.

Considering these games could be deciding who gets to go to a 2.5 million dollar tournament, yes they definitely should replay them.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I am very salty about the audio problems - makes me question a lot of the results. I feel especially bad for Renegades - really want those guys to succeed. Don't care about Liquid (Heinz is a good guy, though).

Also, I'd like to see listen-ins today since we have superior equipment.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So given the games were so close, I think RNG (I know I'm slightly biased but I just love competition) could have pulled the win. If they had the advantage of hearing even just a few more clean up kills or location callouts or strat positioning callouts, that could have been enough to give them back the edge. 

Not to discredit LQD, they have gotten a lot better since X-games, but RNG has also gotten better.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1