CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Man this sucks for optic. I was kind of hoping they would make it to worlds after everything they went through but losing against TP pretty much put them out. I hope they can pull the upset and beat Allegiance somehow.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looks like I'm spending most of Day 2 watching this and doing my Politics essay at university. Not too sure about how I feel with Optic starting the stream.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Every single losing team was on blue side? Dayum. If red sided teams didn't notice anything was up, doesn't that suggest the audio and headesets were okay, it must have been something about blue's equipment? 

I really feel like OS or camo should be on red side in TS on Eden. (Where it spawns in strongholds, or at the very least put it bottom mid)

There's really no reason to be on red side, and blue has a distinct advantage with sniper, catwalk, and sneaky access to rockets. IF anything it would make teams move from that setup more

I wonder if it would be possible to broadcast the caster audio to the audience via wireless transmission. Have the whole audience wearing ear buds instead of the players lol. Not even sure if this would be possible but it would be a decent band-aid for this crappy audio situation.

You realize when people are sick that doctors tell them the best medicine is to rest? Go to bed, bitch.

ppl underestimate how powerful their own body is at healing itself. sleep is key @@LethuL

QW2GhiM.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stand-By-Me-Website-Banner-3-980x363-980

How much does @ look like the guy from Stand by Me?

Bumping my own post for truth.

Optic not on main stage today? That's gonna hurt viewership for sure, at least there won't be audio issues.

Can't wait to see Naded be a fucking psychopath murderer again today. I also hope they can tone down the time between matches this time.

This is the first event I've viewed on mute because I simply couldn't handle the banter and useless excess of talking between casters. @@GoldenboyFTW @@TheSimms @@Bravo and walshy (Jesus we need to twist his arm to get on here) are all we need.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Why does it seem like every event production forgets how much we love listen ins?  

We've been fortunate enough to have some great talent casting with every event (#BetterWithBravoAndSimms), but nothing compares to the immersion of listening to the players communication wash over you as you're watching their first person view and you're transported into the tournament.

Maybe with the addition of Astro mixamps, we'll get an Astro Listen In?
:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's super disappointing that the blue side did in fact have a major issue. 

Pool play is the only thing that even matters at this event.. and to think that some of these crucial matchups are going to determine which teams make it out or not sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Had this whole response typed out but at this point it doesn't matter anymore. I'll just keep doing what I do.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Hopefully you don't see people like myself saying you plus Benson is a bad combination and think we're trying to hate on you or anything like that. When we say you guys are lacking a bit in knowledge, especially Benson, its not so much about basic strats and stuff like that. Its really more about getting into the mindset of the players and why they're doing what they're doing and what they're thinking or going through. You guys can't really pull that off because you haven't ever been there like some of your counterparts. You're both fine as casters you just need to be paired off with the former pro players or guests like Elamite or Towey to give a more full range to the overall commentary. When the two of you are combined it gets kinda lopsided 

• Upvote (+1) 2

None of these matches should have been played without the proper equipment. It is not fair for a gamer to play every game/qualifier with a proper headset and then be handicapped at the event with earbuds. I know @@Vetoed always plays with earbuds but that's probably a hair problem more then anything. No other pro gamer doesn't use a headset. I also noticed that last week Ninja was using buds to get used to the change.

The MLG crew worked hard throughout the night to build soundproof booths. Ill pray for that...

200.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I Just hope golden boy comes back at walshy for once. Walshy just digs at goldenboy and I know goldenboy has that heat just waiting for him. We need him to drop a bomb next time. Lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

Much love to @@GoldenboyFTW, gets way more crap on here than he should. Sat behind me during the Optic TP match and shot the shit like any other person. Respect your passion for casting and this game.

Were you sitting next to a guy in a dark green hoodie? Because that was me LOL

Goldenboys such a cool dude. Passionate as hell.

Hopefully people didn't release all of the Dankest Memes yesterday.  We need to come out stronger today!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hopefully they can find a way to replay the matches from yesterday, seems like the audio issues had an effect on all of the matches.

Ain't gonna happen.

There's no way they'll replay the matches from yesterday. It is odd, though, that it was such a real and consistent problem yet nothing was done about it. Were the issues not as noticeable pre-game? Between games did players on the faulty mix amps say anything to the refs? I just don't understand why it was allowed to continue all day.

As Randa tweeted, it sucks to see what is effectively the first round of the $2.5 mil tournament being played on $2.50 equipment.

Nevertheless, Astro has overnighted their own mixamps and accessorial equipment, so things should be good to go today. I feel for nV, OpTic, Overdrive, and every other blue team that got the shaft. Rooting for nV and OpTic to make it out today.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Here's a teaser of a few things i'm working on with some players at Regionals.

Good luck today. Hope the audio is resolved and to see some better games!

• Upvote (+1) 1

man I have to rewatch everything since I was out yesterday. 

Goldenboy & Benson are terrible together.  Goldenboy talks way too much, sometimes it is like he wants to cast alone.  He wants to analyze midgame, didn't he watch the EMEAs?  Cast in game, make a talkround after the match and do analysis.

Puckett best caster, would love to see him with Brav or Simms together

• Upvote (+1) 3

Man this sucks for optic. I was kind of hoping they would make it to worlds after everything they went through but losing against TP pretty much put them out. I hope they can pull the upset and beat Allegiance somehow.

I know its a bummer, but look at it this way: if they had beaten TP and dT and made worlds we wouldn't have thought much of it.

Now that they have to go through Allegiance/pull off a miracle, if they qualify we'll know for sure that they deserve to be there and that it wasn't just because of the easy pool. 

• Upvote (+1) 1