CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

anyone have the viewership for the day?

i was at work and watched everything on the past broad cast on twitch.  

I think it hit over 30k when OpTic was playing

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty sure it's Optic vs Dream Team. Also, go to bed. You looked like shit yesterday.

optic allegiance got moved up don't question me. Also I've been sick for 2 weeks sleep won't help.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

optic allegiance got moved up don't question me. Also I've been sick for 2 weeks sleep won't help.

who needs sleep when you have the laser focus?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Had this whole response typed out but at this point it doesn't matter anymore. I'll just keep doing what I do.

Thanks for the feedback though.

You're the man. I personally enjoy your casting and love what you've been doing for the Halo scene with In the Booth and periscoping the side stream matches.

The haters will always be more vocal, and I feel like you're 100% the most underappreciated caster. Keep doing you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You realize when people are sick that doctors tell them the best medicine is to rest? Go to bed, bitch.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just got caught up. Sucks that RNG lost 3-0 but they were all fairly close games. Liquid is a good team. They don't need to get to down on themselves.

Had this whole response typed out but at this point it doesn't matter anymore. I'll just keep doing what I do.

I think all ppl would love to read that whole response. C'mon.

And is not like I am hating on you. It was quick reaction on what I have seen today.

I remember seeing you at H4GC, and it was a blessing after the hell we went trough with Agl. If ppl love Puckett for him being the face of competitive Halo back in its glory days, they will forever love you as a person which helped to rise Halo back from ashes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Glad to see you are going to continue doing what you are good at. I find zero problems with your casting and honestly feel like Halo tournaments are better when you are part of the crew. Two play-play-play commentators in the booth at the same time isn't common practice but that's not a "you" issue that's a production (non)issue. Even then it's far more enjoyable than some imply. Keep up the good work and don't leave us!

Why are players wearing earbuds under headsets in 2016?

The headsets put through white noise to drown out any outside sound. The ear buds are the game audio.

The event looks awesome and the casting has been pretty great. Loving it.

Who is there? Got any pictures. Sorry if they were posted earlier. Lazy to go look.

Well, I'm exhausted but it was worth it for the most part even if I fell asleep half way through.  :wutface:

Caught Liquid vs Renegades though, another great CTF match on Truth.

Now to catch up on 30+ pages whilst eating breakfast.  :bman:

The headsets put through white noise to drown out any outside sound. The ear buds are the game audio.

thanks professor...his rhetorical question still applies.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

thanks professor...his rhetorical question still applies.

It's not really rhetorical. They have to wear those big noise cancelling headphones in order to cancel out what the commentators are saying to the crowd. If they just used their astros or whatnot and an opposing player hears Puckett say "They have a guy flanking" that can change the whole complexity of the game. It's not like they can wear headsets over headsets haha, they gotta wear the earbuds in order to have some source of game audio. The reason for using turtle beach mixamps (which seem to be causing the problems) I'm not quite sure why though...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please do! I would consider this your best event yet, I've enjoyed your casting more today than I have in the past. You've gotten a lot more knowledgeable about the top teams and the game and it really shows in your casting. There's always room for improvement, but you're definitely moving in the right direction. Keep it up!

Is there a day 1 recap of who won and lost anywhere? Like an image or an article or something. Was at work starting from the end of the EG nV matchup. Thanks ahead if someone can link one :D

• Upvote (+1) 2

Liquid 3-0'd RNG :o? Wish I managed to stay up for that.

Just finished watching it (EU problems), best series of the night don't let the scoreline fool you.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I can confirm I had audio issues as well. I sat in the same seat as Ogre, Lifestyle, Ninja, Str8, Hoax, etc. We likely wouldn't have beaten Elevate but it definitely affected our game play. Our team has limited teamwork callous as it is (primarily just one shot callouts and locations) I was on an island.

Monster was yelling a one shot at me and I literally said out loud "I'm sorry I really can't hear you". I get that blue are underdogs, but this disadvantage made any chance at an upset impossible. If we were going to upset anyone tonight, it would have been Elevate>Noble.

• Upvote (+1) 9

NV :wutface:

how you blow that game 1. Lost all momentum for the rest of the series. I really hope they pull through later.

Great to hear puckett back on the mic, but Arkanum was the weakest link in that Truth game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's not really rhetorical. They have to wear those big noise cancelling headphones in order to cancel out what the commentators are saying to the crowd. If they just used their astros or whatnot and an opposing player hears Puckett say "They have a guy flanking" that can change the whole complexity of the game. It's not like they can wear headsets over headsets haha, they gotta wear the earbuds in order to have some source of game audio. The reason for using turtle beach mixamps (which seem to be causing the problems) I'm not quite sure why though...

yeah bro we know.  that's why they have noise cancelling booths so you dont have to be subjected to poverty earbuds 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1