CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So dumb. Optic is already eliminated, basically. There's no way they're beating ALG.

Pretty sure they can still advance even if they finish 1-2. Renegades finished 1-2 in pool play at X-Games and got in via tiebreaker (3-way tie). Entirely possible.

mlg should ask nadeshot to lend them some cash to buy new mixamps

They're sponsored by Turtle Beach.  Everyone knows that their mixamps are hot garbage.  "Listen in" sound quality went down like 100% as soon as they switched over to them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They're sponsored by Turtle Beach.  Everyone knows that their mixamps are hot garbage.  "Listen in" sound quality went down like 100% as soon as they switched over to them.

thanks didnt know that, in that case if you are the lower seed good luck

This is why we need sound proof booths. Sure the teams can't trash talk (they weren't anyway) but at least they can use their own Headsets, mixamps, and hear each other.

The only time I heard a player was when Spartan yelled ACE!!!! after he killed him, other than that nothing. If they're gonna not have soundproof booths at least let us hear the players

I wouldnt call them out yet. I believe they can beat allegiance if theyre at 100% and they create a spirit bomb made with the power of the greenwall

Anything possible, but it doesn't look good. :(

Can confirm. Went to Dallas 2012 for Halo 4 (I know right) and it was TB mixamps. I couldn't hear half of my team and the technicians there spent 45 minutes and still couldn't figure it out.

There's obviously been things said from both sides, stop being biased.

Being biased makes it fun. Do you not have a favorite team?

• Upvote (+1) 1

turtle beach is crap

im trying to think of some cheap crappy electronics company whos products always break but i'm blanking 

matches i'm looking forward to tommorrow:

nv v. denial: denial beat winterfox 3-0 in the most surprising series scores of the day in my opinion. nv didn't look too bad against eg but they certainly have a lot to prove tomorrow and i think denial stands a good chance against them

elevate v. noble: two teams that weren't talked about very much during the online qualifiers but have massively improved in the weeks leading up to regionals. noble did a bettet job than elevate against clg but i think elevate will push back in this series

optic v. allegiance: this match will determine whether or not optic goes to worlds and although most people (including me) think allegiance will crush them, optic showed how clutch they can be when it matters. they'll need a miracle, but i'll be rooting for them

winterfox v. eg: i think winterfox's playstyle counters eg's pretty well (they upset them one online qualifier and although their players have changed their playstyles haven't) so i could see an upset here

clg v. overdrive:  :kappa: 

great first day! luckily i managed to watch some of the games and i'm impressed by how great all the teams look (at least compared to online). looking forward to tomorrow

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't know what the argument is about, but I didn't mind the comments about Goldenboy. I think there are much better casters for Halo, and much better potential duos. Nothing against him, he does great things for this community, I just don't think casting is his strong point. My two cents.

How else would the issue ever be fixed if players don't inform MLG. Easiest way to do so? Tweet about it. Stop calling it excuses. It's been validated by enough pros to be taken seriously.

Edit: Also, I may be in the minority here but I love Goldenboy's casting in Halo. He's better with a color commentator but I enjoy him either way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fun stats time:

Over 1,500+ posts today in this thread alone & 120k+ pageviews :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5

MLG needs to do something about this. There's $2.5M on the line right now. This isn't just an xgames medal anymore.

I'm sure every pro carries a mixamp with them, just let them use em.

Being biased makes it fun. Do you not have a favorite team?

Allegiance is my team but the difference is Renegades has larger fanbase and whenever something controversial happens to the team there is a flood of Ninja supporters making a case for them. Allegiance had the same technical issues but won, had they lost there would not be as much support for them, in fact most of this forum would love to see Allegiance go down.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do we not trust our pros enough that when they say there are issues we have to say that they are making excuses?

CoD pros chimed in on how awful the setup was awhile ago lol

https://twitter.com/JoeDeLuca/with_replies

He wasn't the only one but I can't find the others/don't use twitter.

By asking for it to be fixed 2gre is actually helping his next two opponents lol. 

Regardless of sponsor, MLG provides sound proof booths for Call of Duty events, ESL has booths for CSGO, LoL has soundproof booths.

But Halo....gotta have earbuds underneath gigantic soundproof headphones.

Even UMG had booths for the most recent call of duty tournament.....

#lifeisHalo