CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

My teams to look out for today are Elevate and Denial. They have been playing great lately and it happened at the best possible time. Excited for this weekend.

5th - 8th will not be played out as there is no difference in prize money for the 5th - 8th placings as well as the fact that they are all qualified for the HWC. According to the MLG event page, the quarterfinal seeding structure follows a predetermined structure but yes, 1s play 2s from a different group. CLG is most likely to meet EG in the semis based on this predetermined structure.

Thanks. I've been looking at MLG schedule and it also seems that 3-4 won't be played out but if $ payout is different then they obviously will. Idk if 3-4 has different payout though? I'm asking all these questions to form a prediction lol

A few questions for someone more aware than myself:

1. Will 5-8 be played out? I'm guessing not but I don't know this as fact.

5-8th is not played out, the teams all tie and receive $2,500, so its cool to see you are guaranteed $ for making it out of pool play.

3-4th will also not have a consolation match

• Upvote (+1) 2

Everyone remember to get it on the team beyond twitch chat if you want to avoid the cancer that is the halo chat.  :simms:

• Downvote (-1) 1

Who's bright idea was that?  Can they meet in the finals if one of them comes in second in their pool?

No, it's set in stone that #1 seed from X pool plays #2 seed from X pool. Each quarterfinal is set. Semifinals = winner of one match and winner of another match which are already set. 

Someone said that bracket play seeds were random. Plz confirm?. Anything else than an EG vs CLG would be a slaughterhouse.

They said random, but that doesn't mean they weren't already randomly drawn to see which pool winner would play which pool 2nd place finisher. I believe it was "random" but the selections were already made. If CLG somehow doesn't make finals though and it's EG, I still think EG would win the tournament but do not think the finals would be a slaughter.

As a liquid fan it's pretty annoying that Renegades will be on main stage for all of their matches and Liquid only 1/3 :/

Also, how is Elevate/Overdrive on main stage over CLG/Noble... I guess they did have to get overdrive on main stage but still

The schedule on the mainstage was picked because they wanted to promote each team on the main stage at least once. Also, I'm sure they would have broadcasted a lot more games on the main stage, but everyone bitched about Bo3's and succeeded and got Bo5's. Sacrifices had to be made for that to happen, and I think we would all prefer Bo5 but seeing less matches on main stage/streamed. Gotta make compromises.

Okay now I can make my predictions. Probably quite a bit of hopefulness in here but they are predictions so who cares. Most of this is based on format, or else EG would be 2.

1. CLG

2. Liquid

3-4. EG/Allegiance

5-8. Triggers Pound/Noble/Envy/Renegades

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who needs hotels when you can Airbnb off-campus housing and stay in the shag pad of many a college student, walking distance from the bars?

Ah, glorious.

Columbus, I am ready.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No, it's set in stone that #1 seed from X pool plays #2 seed from X pool. Each quarterfinal is set. Semifinals = winner of one match and winner of another match which are already set.

They said random, but that doesn't mean they weren't already randomly drawn to see which pool winner would play which pool 2nd place finisher. I believe it was "random" but the selections were already made. If CLG somehow doesn't make finals though and it's EG, I still think EG would win the tournament but do not think the finals would be a slaughter.

The schedule on the mainstage was picked because they wanted to promote each team on the main stage at least once. Also, I'm sure they would have broadcasted a lot more games on the main stage, but everyone bitched about Bo3's and succeeded and got Bo5's. Sacrifices had to be made for that to happen, and I think we would all prefer Bo5 but seeing less matches on main stage/streamed. Gotta make compromises.

If they hadn't done same group simultaneously main stage and 2nd stage then they could have done a 2-2-1-1 format (as far as 2 teams from each pool main stage twice and 2 teams once) instead of 3-1-1-1 (1 gets 3 main appearances, rest only 1) that I think would have put better matchups in overall.

HalosModsAreNazis :kappa:

Ninjas cronies have found me outside of my natural habitat :simms: . Might have to make that account though  :kappa:

If they hadn't done same group simultaneously main stage and 2nd stage then they could have done a 2-2-1-1 format (as far as 2 teams from each pool main stage twice and 2 teams once) instead of 3-1-1-1 (1 gets 3 main appearances, rest only 1) that I think would have put better matchups in overall.

I think the reason they make all the teams from a single group play together is to prevent a team throwing for a better bracket

EU kid here, can someone save me the calculating and give me "it starts in 4 hours" or how ever long it is

UK Starting times are:

FRIDAY: 10pm

SATURDAY: 7pm

SUNDAY: 5pm

Hope this helps :)

• Upvote (+1) 9

Girl I'm talking to asked me out to dinner tonight.

giphy.gif

I said no of course. I cannot WAIT to watch this. What times the first match? 5 EST? :weback:

5:10 PM EST

Girl I'm talking to asked me out to dinner tonight.

giphy.gif

I said no of course. I cannot WAIT to watch this. What times the first match? 5 EST? :weback:

You've got your priorities straight my boy. Good job!  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

2:10 PM EST

Good god. My productivity at work will plummet MUCH earlier then I expected then. Thanks!

@@Hxrshly Dont have to tell me twice!

EDIT: 5 or 2!? Dont play these cruel tricks on me.

I'm really excited about the EG vs NV match.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Good god. My productivity at work will plummet MUCH earlier then I expected then. Thanks!

Oops, It's 5:10 PM EST Today

2:10 PM is the first match tomorrow

My bad

Back in 9th grade i remember trying to get through the rest of the week until i could watch the halo 3 event that weekend, and i kept telling myself just a little at a time and it will be here in no time. This week i have felt the same excitement as back in the old days and it feels good. I cant wait. i just have to take a quiz in an hour and im free to halo!

• Upvote (+1) 3