CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Off Topic: The Gears of War Pro League has an advertisement on the Xbox Dashboard. That's great exposure for them!

On Topic: I'm SO HYPED for regionals! I figure either EG or CLG will take the victory, but I would like to see Liquid and EnVy go far this weekend.

I'm just happy to watch some more Halo 5 action that isn't online. Goodbye proper sleep schedule!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel as though Renegades 'turned a corner' and are a lot better team than they were at X Games. The 'x factor' for me is how much their energy plays into their series. A RNG on fire is scary, but at X Games when they were on tilt they got fucked.

I haven't been able to watch scrims this week, been busy with personal family matters. They were struggling in scrims after xgames it seemed. And then the whole Spartan/Ninja mini blowout. Did they start getting better? I hope they show up big, it would make me happy to see them do well.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

EDIT: I noticed that LOL owns a lolesports.com domain to show LOL LCS schedules and stuff. Halo should purchase a domain like hwc.com, hwcesports.com, haloesports.com, or something like that for all scheduling info for Halo tournaments.

They've had http://www.halo.gg for a while, which forwards you to the HCS part of Waypoint. It's no lolesports, but it's something.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone at the event going to have a Smash 4 set up? I will be accepting any and all money matches for Smash 4 all weekend.

Right now though it is time to sleep, much like you guys are sleeping on WFX :) looking forward to meeting some of you tomorrow, I'm the tall guy with the ridiculous man bun mullet, don't be afraid to say hey at the event!

Unless they've been throwing every scrim, I don't see them making worlds. And I like them.

Still think they should've waited for LCQ, got a better fourth, and ended up in Pool A. Heck of a lot easier to beat Dream Team & Triggers Pound than nV & Denial.

Obviously you do care.

How so? If I cared I'd say so, I'd stop posting, and I'd probably contact a mod about it. None of that is true. You really don't know me well enough to say I care about some digital rep. I've been offered a forum tag and premium in the past, and turned it down because to me it's simply not important and not why I'm here, so why would I care about rep? All I care about is Halo and the community.

Only reason I even brought his neg rep up in the first place was because of his silent negs when I expressed an opinion about the road Allegiance has to Worlds (nobody was even talking about them which I thought was a tragedy honestly) and, although I expect them to advance, that they could have a tougher time then people might expect looking at the results of their recent scrims with potential opponents. I laughed at it and used it to post the scrim results to explain my view. To which he continued to silently neg. At which point, it was whatever, more of a laughable matter to me.  If you wish to discuss this further feel free to PM me. I won't be responding to it anymore here. I've tried to stop cluttering the thread with this type of nonsense and keep my posting on the tournament, which I'm sure I'll continue to get negged for regardless.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

My predictions:

Group A - ALG, DT

Group B - CLG, Noble

Group C - EG, nV

Group D - RNG, TL

If my predictions are correct then the bracket will look something like:

RNG vs nV                       

ALG vs Noble

CLG vs TL                  

EG vs DT

If CLG and EG both win their pool then they will be meeting in the semi's. That's a damn shame.

The absolute worst part of events is the lack of streams the nights before. I'm in dire need of those first few twitter photos of pros together at the venue.  :puckett:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish mlg/343 highlighted Optic instead of TP solely because it would greatly help the viewership. Optic/tp are closely skilled anyway. I see their match going 50/50

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unless they've been throwing every scrim, I don't see them making worlds. And I like them.

Still think they should've waited for LCQ, got a better fourth, and ended up in Pool A. Heck of a lot easier to beat Dream Team & Triggers Pound than nV & Denial.

There's too much bait in this post to respond appropriately :( guess I just hope we exceed your expectations tomorrow!

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yeah but no one knew what the groups would be until after cup 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This makes me happy. Pulling for these guys hard. C'mon RNG, surprise some people this weekend!

Not sure how many people will be surprised seeing as at least half the predictions on this forum has them going to the finals

I got Liquid upsetting them in the group stage

There's too much bait in this post to respond appropriately :( guess I just hope we exceed your expectations tomorrow!

Sorry :/ . Hope you do prove me wrong, and this is extra motivation! Would love to see nV & WFX make it out of that group...

Yeah but no one knew what the groups would be until after cup 5.

True dat. 

Not sure how many people will be surprised seeing as at least half the predictions on this forum has them going to the finals

The ones taking them all the way to finals are most likely in RNGs corner. A realist would look at past performances and put them out in Quarters or semis. 

That being said, I'm obvs rooting for them! Everyone loves a good underdog story. TO THE FINALS!!

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think it will be a surprise if they are able to beat any of CLG, EG, or ALG. Heck, considering their rather disappointing x-games performance (Liquid win aside), I'd be happy with them winning their group, beating 2nd place in Group C (prob either Denial or nV), and bowing out to ALG in the semis. 

I think a lot of those predictions having RNG in the finals are more of hopes lol. But I see what you're saying. Also I agree that Liquid is more than capable of beating them in the group stage. Such a huge match up, considering the loser of that game will almost definitely have to play CLG in the quarters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@GoldeNade

You tell me to PM you about this convo and stop cluttering the forums with this nonsense. So why didnt you just PM the dude thats silently negging you instead of posting about it and looking for attention? You obviously care about rep and what people think about you.

Yea but... @@Cratos is a local celebrity. We wouldn't want it any other way fam ;)