CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thanks!

Sorry IM still 28 pages behind :(. I still think you should type in halo into google and the tournament with all info should come up. They dont even have it as the msg of the day for halo 5. 

That's not really how google works though. No way they could even make that happen if they wanted.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ruining my sleeping pattern tonight for regionals tomorrow.

:flames:

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's not really how google works though. No way they could even make that happen if they wanted.

I mean, if I type in, say, Deadpool, I get dates and times on when I can go see it in the theater in my city (random city in a random European country).

But I honestly think that'd be asking too much. A message in-game would be nice though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, if I type in, say, Deadpool, I get dates and times on when I can go see it in the theater in my city (random city in a random European country).

But I honestly think that'd be asking too much. A message in-game would be nice though.

This^

I mean when halo waypoint obviously comes up they should have this plastered all over their own website, not just Feb 19th-21rst. Anyway I'm done complaining lol. 

How pages are ranked and displayed from google search is based on SEO mechanics. If you type "Halo" into google you should expect official website for Halo to show up. Not necessarily the HWC Regional Schedule, being run by MLG.

Now sure, the Halo main site (controlled by 343) should probably add the info to their website. I could see that. But just realize that websites are ranked and displayed by Google through mechanics that are not publicly known (and change). I've had CEO's demand that their website show first when people search something, like a web designer/dev can magically click a button to force them to the top (on new websites none the less, because age of the website does matter).

And how do you get times and dates by typing "Deadpool" into google from a desktop web browser? Mine does not do that. Maybe on mobile, or if I share location info. For me I'd have to type something like "Deadpool times". Regardless, that is driven by Google though, not Marvel or the movie theaters. That's Google doing its own thing. Literally no gaming company/publisher can make Google do that. Perhaps Google could introduce such functionality for gaming (don't they do this for Baseball/Football/etc?).

EDIT: I noticed that LOL owns a lolesports.com domain to show LOL LCS schedules and stuff. Halo should purchase a domain like hwc.com, hwcesports.com, haloesports.com, or something like that for all scheduling info for Halo tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And how do you get times and dates by typing "Deadpool" into google from a desktop web browser? Mine does not do that. Maybe on mobile, or if I share location info. That is driven by Google though, not Marvel or the movie theaters. That's google doing its own thing.

Not sure why or how it can know my location as I am on chrome on my laptop and have the location thingy turned off in the settings. Maybe it just shows cities that I've searched for before or something, I dunno.

I just mentioned it because it could be possible to have it show up like that, just a very, very small chance of it actually happening.

Sorry for OT. So hyped for tomorrow!!  :simms:

Not sure why or how it can know my location as I am on chrome on my laptop and have the location thingy turned off in the settings. Maybe it just shows cities that I've searched for before or something, I dunno.

I just mentioned it because it could be possible to have it show up like that, just a very, very small chance of it actually happening.

Sorry for OT. So hyped for tomorrow!!  :simms:

No 100% it would be awesome. But it would require Google to do it. I just checked and if I search something like Philadelphia Flyers I get a bunch of info like, current record, rank in division, date/time/network/location of next game, opponent, where to buy tickets, last game recap, and ability to click to show full schedule and scores. The big sports leagues are still way ahead of any eSports unfortunately but could envision a day when eSports would be the same way. Hopefully someone at Google is working on it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Cratos. Here is another post for you to down vote me on.  :kappa:

He is just to cool for me. Literally going through all my posts down voting every single one.  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 13
  • Downvote (-1) 21

These stats really don't mean that much. Lower tier teams spending more time playing other lower tier teams than the higher tier teams tend to as well as a number of other reasons make this data not very valuable. It's interesting to look at, but there is a bit of distance between Squall and whoever the actual best player is.

One of the reasons why my stats are only from Online Cups and Ladders. Only games that directly affected the season.

No scrims aka no picking and choosing teams so stats get inflated.

You've probably turned your GPS settings off or something, but Google can still get your general location from your IP address.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Cratos. Here is another post for you to down vote me on. :kappa:

He is just to cool for me. Literally going through all my posts down voting every single one. :salt:

You're so cool

• Upvote (+1) 6

You're so cool

I'm lethul cool.  B)

Nah, like I said I really don't care about some green bar. So if he wants to down vote me constantly with no response or reasoning, whatever. Just makes him look rather childish IMO. I'm not going to go away or stop posting because of Cratos.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Ruining my sleeping pattern tonight for regionals tomorrow.

:flames:

Cant ruin what is already rekt.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love seeing plays like these. http://i.imgur.com/eE35mUl.gifv

I love that this game allows you to be creative with your movement. This isn't anything like what Naded aka 'the Iverson of Halo 5' did, nevertheless, it was quick thinking. I'm not going to be able to sleep with all this excitement for tomorrow. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@Cratos. Here is another post for you to down vote me on.  :kappa:

He is just to cool for me. Literally going through all my posts down voting every single one.  :salt:

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

Semis:

CLG > EG 4-1

RNG > AG 4-3 

I'm predicting CLG/RNG finals with CLG winning 4-2.

@@mikeface killah made similar predictions.

2:00 PM   Semifinal #1 - Renegades vs. Team Allegiance 4-3

3:30 PM   Semifinal #2 - CLG vs. Evil Geniuses 4-3

5:00 PM   Final CLG vs. Renegades 4-1

Seems like a lot of people are high on Renegades right now or are just big fans. I'm a fan of the guys but I personally don't think they match up well with Allegiance.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't have a favorite team. reason being I have pro players I follow on all the teams. so I'm excited for all them. good luck guys.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I like him, and I think he will fit the role perfect for Optic. The only other thing I could think a coach is important for is keeping people's emotions down, but Optic doesn't seem to have the issue that a lot of other teams do.

Have u met Gary? or Flame? I mean their attitude in game can really tilt the team sometimes... Speaking from exp :wutface:

@@mikeface killah made similar predictions.

Seems like a lot of people are high on Renegades right now or are just big fans. I'm a fan of the guys but I personally don't think they match up well with Allegiance.

I feel as though Renegades 'turned a corner' and are a lot better team than they were at X Games. The 'x factor' for me is how much their energy plays into their series. A RNG on fire is scary, but at X Games when they were on tilt they got fucked.