CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is the tournament gonna be on Twitch or MLG TV?

And if on twitch will there be rebroadcasts available to all?

I live in England so it's all probably gonna be going on too late for me :(

Is the tournament gonna be on Twitch or MLG TV?

And if on twitch will there be rebroadcasts available to all?

I live in England so it's all probably gonna be going on too late for me :(

I believe it'll be in both but on www.twitch.tv/Halo on Twitch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anybody want to get a Skype/Curse/Discord chat going during the tournament this weekend?

I'll be playing League and watching the tournament ALL weekend...so If anybody wants to play some League and/or watch the tourney, give me a shout!

I don't play league but I'd be down to chat with some other Halo fans that aren't shitty Twitch trolls while we watch the games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When you spend 2 hours making graphics and people downvote your post.

ErZCNs6.png

635736481721110256709784677_whywouldyoud

People don't understand the work you're doing and how long it takes and you're doing it for others to see. I'm sure you can think of a whole bunch of other things you could be doing, but they'll downvote anyways. Keep up the good work. (I always +rep anyone everyone post that has a lot of time put into it for the fans of Halo).

A guy can dream, right?

Man, this would be awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

:halo:   :halo:   :halo: PREDICTIONS  :halo:   :halo:   :halo:

Friday
5:10 PM   Group B - CLG vs. eLevate (Main Stage) 3-0
5:10 PM   Group B - Noble eSports vs. OverDrive (Station 2) 3-0
6:00 PM   Group D - Renegades vs. Astral Authority (Main Stage) 3-0
6:00 PM   Group D - Team Liquid vs. SoaR Gaming (Station 2) 3-0
7:00 PM   Group C - Evil Geniuses vs. Team EnVyUs (Main Stage) 3-1
7:00 PM   Group C - Denial eSports vs. Winterfox (Station 2) 2-3
8:00 PM   Group A - Triggers Pound vs. OpTic Gaming (Main Stage) 2-3
8:00 PM   Group A - Team Allegiance vs. Dream Team (Station 2) 3-0
9:00 PM   Group B - eLevate vs. OverDrive (Main Stage) 3-0
9:00 PM   Group B - CLG vs. Noble eSports (Station 2) 3-1
10:00 PM   Group D - Team Liquid vs. Renegades (Main Stage) 2-3
10:00 PM   Group D - SoaR Gaming vs. Astral Authority (Station 2) 2-3

Saturday
2:10 PM   Group A - Team Allegiance vs. Triggers Pound (Main Stage) 3-1
2:10 PM   Group A - Dream Team vs. OpTic Gaming (Station 2) 1-3
3:00 PM   Group C - Team EnVyUs vs. Denial eSports (Main Stage) 3-2
3:00 PM   Group C - Evil Geniuses vs. Winterfox (Station 2) 3-1
4:00 PM   Group B - Noble eSports vs. eLevate (Main Stage) 3-2
4:00 PM   Group B - CLG vs. OverDrive (Station 2) 3-0
5:00 PM   Group D - Renegades vs. SoaR Gaming (Main Stage) 3-0
5:00 PM   Group D - Team Liquid vs. Astral Authority (Station 2) 3-0
6:00 PM   Group C - Team EnVyUs vs. Winterfox (Main Stage) 2-3
6:00 PM   Group C - Evil Geniuses vs. Denial eSports (Station 2) 3-1
7:00 PM   Group A - Dream Team vs. Triggers Pound (Main Stage) 0-3
7:00 PM   Group A - Team Allegiance vs. OpTic Gaming (Station 2) 3-1

8:00 PM   Quarterfinal #1 - Renegades vsWinterfox 4-2
9:00 PM   Quarterfinal #2 - Team Allegiance vs. Noble eSports 4-2

Sunday
12:10 PM   Quarterfinal #3 - CLG vs. Team Liquid 4-0
1:00 PM   Quarterfinal #4 - Evil Geniuses vs. OpTic Gaming 4-1

2:00 PM   Semifinal #1 - Renegades vs. Team Allegiance 4-3
3:30 PM   Semifinal #2 - CLG vs. Evil Geniuses 4-2

5:00 PM   Final CLG vs. Renegades 4-1

Stole @@mikeface killah formatting for that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Continuing the theme of REQ points as a carrot on a stick, how about using them as a reward for tuning into the Halo Twitch channel on the xbox app during a HCS weekend? That way you're already on your console/gamertag so it can be linked. If such a thing is possible. There's already achievements linked to apps like Twitch for hours watched, so maybe? e.g Watch an hour of the Halo Twitch channel on Friday = 5000 REQs (doesn't stack). And then again for Saturday and Sunday. The view numbers would spike, and new people would get sucked into competitive Halo.... IDK maybe maybe not, just spit balling ideas IM EXCITED FOR REGIONALS OKAY

• Upvote (+1) 9

When you have an insatiable desire to bet on Halo for the first time ever but no websites exist.

Betway have had esports betting for a while and have odds for COD world league, hopefully they add Halo in the near future.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Continuing the theme of REQ points as a carrot on a stick, how about using them as a reward for tuning into the Halo Twitch channel on the xbox app during a HCS weekend? That way you're already on your console/gamertag so it can be linked. If such a thing is possible. There's already achievements linked to apps like Twitch for hours watched, so maybe? e.g Watch an hour of the Halo Twitch channel on Friday = 5000 REQs (doesn't stack). And then again for Saturday and Sunday. The view numbers would spike, and new people would get sucked into competitive Halo.... IDK maybe maybe not, just spit balling ideas IM EXCITED FOR REGIONALS OKAY

I would turn my xbox for this, and go back to my computer to watch it there.

Maybe if I played in all the cups I'd have a breakdown too ;(

if you sacrificed more for halo you would've been a top player by now. same can be said for a lot of people but that's my opinion of your situation

Betway have had esports betting for a while and have odds for COD world league, hopefully they add Halo in the near future.

I use Vulcun for League of Legends and CS:GO. It isn't the smoothest site to use, but it has great functionality.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking of REQ giveaways to promote people watching the stream, I think it would be cool if instead of giving ONLY one away for a good play like they did in the X-Games, they made the code available for like a 2-3 minute window. That way people will stay tuned all night trying to get a few req packs here and there.

@@LenoxCG

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well it's confirmed that eg will play CLG in semis now so it's not randomized. And it's not selfish for us to want our 1st seed to matter lol I literally played this game more than any player other than maybe Naded we are pretty close. I honestly got mad when I saw it was random but when they sent the schedule I felt a lot better that my time put in meant something.

You say this as if you've already gotten out of the group.....

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

halo.png

Genuinely don't know if I was talking to a bot...but hopefully betting on Halo for real money isn't far away.

• Upvote (+1) 8

When you have an insatiable desire to bet on Halo for the first time ever but no websites exist.

I'll play it safe and bet on CLG to win the entire thing. If you have anyone different and it comes you can name my user title for a month.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll play it safe and bet on CLG to win the entire thing. If you have anyone different and it comes you can name my user title for a month.

I have EG winning it all.  :puckett:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Solid choice. It'll be super close either way, just scratching that gambling itch for you.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

This went up yesterday, not sure if anyone saw it. Not super insightful or anything, but a way to get to know the Coach of Optic. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Same. I had EG winning xgames even though CLG was the heavy favor. I have a little bit less confidence this time around just because of EG's scrim results this weeks but I think they will still bring it to this event and the only team that can beat them is CLG

I don't play league but I'd be down to chat with some other Halo fans that aren't shitty Twitch trolls while we watch the games.

Right on! I'll start a Discord group or something nearer the time. Found you on twitter, I'll reach out to you nearer the time.

This went up yesterday, not sure if anyone saw it. Not super insightful or anything, but a way to get to know the Coach of Optic. 

I like him, and I think he will fit the role perfect for Optic. The only other thing I could think a coach is important for is keeping people's emotions down, but Optic doesn't seem to have the issue that a lot of other teams do.

• Upvote (+1) 1