CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm gonna throw a semi-wild prediction out there that Denial will advance with EG out of their pool. Seems like the young, raw talent has been meshing well recently.

Good stuff

Thanks for reading. Hopefully this starts an actual discussion on regionals instead of pictures of memes lol. 

Nice write up, but TB's soul is half dank memes and half love for Halo. Most of us are born from dank memes.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Is that a low-ball estimate? Feels like H5 games go a lot faster. Does anyone have a stat on how long matches on average last?

Also, I suspect there will be a decent amount of 3-0 matches.

I suspect the whole group play game time (minus downtime and all that) to be 8-10 hours. Just a guess though.

I've seen a few CTF games end 2-1, but you're definitely right. I guess that is a pretty liberal estimate. Stronghold games can be really quick or slow depending on how long teams dominate for. Also, I think we will see some team slayer games slow right down (especially coliseum) when everything is on the line. 

Well it's confirmed that eg will play CLG in semis now so it's not randomized. And it's not selfish for us to want our 1st seed to matter lol I literally played this game more than any player other than maybe Naded we are pretty close. I honestly got mad when I saw it was random but when they sent the schedule I felt a lot better that my time put in meant something.

1) How is it confirmed they will play in semis? Bracket stage schedule was posted? Did I miss it?

2) The fact you played the game a lot doesn't mean you deserve anything. Allegiance as a whole (not just you and not just Naded) played very well in GB and the Qualifier. The rules have been there the WHOLE time. Your reward was 1st seed going into Group Stage. Why should it mean any more then that? Your opinion of it will obviously be biased (ie. selfish), you want to get the most for you and your team.

What do you think placing 1st in a qualifier should have net you? 1st seed going to Worlds? 1st seed going out of Group stage into Bracket?

EDIT:

I assume you are basing them meeting in semi based on this from the schedule on MLG?

Saturday
8:00 PM   Quarterfinal #1 - Group D - 1st Place vs. Group C - 2nd Place
9:00 PM   Quarterfinal #2 - Group A - 1st Place vs. Group B - 2nd Place

Sunday
10:00 AM Doors Open to Players
12:00 PM Pregame Show
12:10 PM Quarterfinal #3 - Group B - 1st Place vs. Group D - 2nd Place
1:00 PM Quarterfinal #4 - Group C - 1st Place vs. Group A - 2nd Place
2:00 PM Semifinal #1 - Quarterfinal #1 Winner vs. Quarterfinal #2 Winner
3:30 PM Semifinal #2 - Quarterfinal #3 Winner vs. Quarterfinal #4 Winner
5:00 PM Final
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Only one I disagree with. I see eLevate going through but it will definitely be close. 

Don't sleep on them Noble boiz. The most quiet 7th seed in all history ;)

1) How is it confirmed they will play in semis? Bracket stage schedule was posted? Did I miss it?

2) The fact you played the game a lot doesn't mean you deserve anything. Allegiance as a whole (not just you and not just Naded) played very well in GB and the Qualifier. The rules have been there the WHOLE time. Your reward was 1st seed going into Group Stage. Why should it mean any more then that? Your opinion of it will obviously be biased (ie. selfish), you want to get the most for you and your team.

What do you think placing 1st in a qualifier should have net you? 1st seed going to Worlds? 1st seed going out of Group stage into Bracket?

Yes it was posted. And I think 1st seed for a event means 1st seed for the whole event. Not till finals but for regionals. And it doesn't matter now. 1st seed is confirmed lol :) #selfish
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No offense, but on what plane of existence is Triggers Pound a "damn good" team? Their online results are below-average...and that is being kind to them.  Have they beaten ANY "good" team in an online scrim yet? I don't think I've seen it.

I can't help but read that and conclude that you are "buying into" the names on that roster, because there isn't anything else there to suggest that they are "good" in any way whatsoever.  Cloud and Hysteria couldn't land on any top-tier team; their options were Optic (scrambling at the deadline), Winterfox, and this team.  Assault came off a bad Optic team himself and hardly looks like an impact player.  Danoxide obviously isn't going to carry this team by himself.

Good points, and thanks for the reply. While I feel as if the team might not have had the best scrim results, scrims hardly matter in the grand scheme of things. Also you have to take into account that a lot of the teams they scrim are the top teams (they scrim EG,CLG a lot) so you can almost expect them to lose, but they are most definitely getting valuable practice. Also, the big reason Cloud and Hysteria weren't on top teams has a lot to do with mentality, not individual skill and teamwork. With the case of Assault, I agree. I don't think he is an impact player in Halo 5, but I think his positive attitude and LAN experience will do a lot for the team (positive mindset is good for Hysteria, Cloud, and Danoxide, and the LAN experience is good for Danoxide). Again these are just my opinions, but I think people who are doubting tP will be surprised come tourney time. 

Apologies, I missed this and can't find it anymore... is group play bo5 and quarters through finals bo7?

yes

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yes it was posted. And I think 1st seed for a event means 1st seed for the whole event. Not till finals but for regionals. And it doesn't matter now. 1st seed is confirmed lol :) #selfish

So if you placed 2nd in your Group stage, you should have been seeded first in Bracket? What should they have done for Allegiance if you didn't even make Bracket stage? lol

Also, nothing is confirmed, just highly likely. EG and CLG still have to place 1st in their Group Stage. If either were to finish 2nd, they would be in different sides of the bracket. If both finish 1st or both finish 2nd, they will be on the same side of the bracket.

Honestly, if things play out how people expect, Allegiance has the easiest group and bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@analystkappa123 I have basically the same predictions as you. Triggers Pound have 3 true LAN players in Assault, Cloud, and Hysteria. I mean Hysteria has been nicknamed LANsteria for christ sake. I think their series with Optic will be go heavily in their favor. Hope Optic prove me wrong though and make it a close series.   

• Upvote (+1) 2

This weekend will fuck me up so hard...every day it starts at 11 pm..and I am literally dead tired around 10 pm...but it will be so worth it.

I'm gonna throw a semi-wild prediction out there that Denial will advance with EG out of their pool. Seems like the young, raw talent has been meshing well recently.

devon and cntra are my boys - hope to see em shine like i know they can!

This weekend will fuck me up so hard...every day it starts at 11 pm..and I am literally dead tired around 10 pm...but it will be so worth it.

gonna be some serious binging man! gotta take advantage of every break on stream and do jumping jacks like me!

tumblr_niccp8jtBW1rar68no1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

All Times are EST

Whelp, looks like I'm watching Halo at work Friday...  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Its not that I am entitled, I just want to keep the scene we have now rolling on this surge. I am not MAD by any means that we are getting what we are getting, I just want more :) Being greedy I suppose.

That's fine. My whole angle was, we get this great event with great teams, great storylines and (I'm guessing) great production... and yet it's not good enough. Personally I haven't been this hyped since the days of Halo 3. 

I am also pretty pumped for Regionals, and for creating content. My desk is arriving Tuesday and my chair Wednesday, so I am about to be on that stream grind boys! We hitting that 1K follower count.

soon to be rocket league world champion right here ladies and gentleman.  :kappa:

:halo:  :halo:  :halo: PREDICTIONS :halo:  :halo:  :halo:

apologies in advance

Friday

5:10 PM   Group B - CLG vs. eLevate (Main Stage) 3-0

5:10 PM   Group B - Noble eSports vs. OverDrive (Station 2) 3-0

6:00 PM   Group D - Renegades vs. Astral Authority (Main Stage) 3-0

6:00 PM   Group D - Team Liquid vs. SoaR Gaming (Station 2) 3-0

7:00 PM   Group C - Evil Geniuses vs. Team EnVyUs (Main Stage) 3-2

7:00 PM   Group C - Denial eSports vs. Winterfox (Station 2) 3-2

8:00 PM   Group A - Triggers Pound vs. OpTic Gaming (Main Stage) 1-3

8:00 PM   Group A - Team Allegiance vs. Dream Team (Station 2) 3-0

9:00 PM   Group B - eLevate vs. OverDrive (Main Stage) 3-1

9:00 PM   Group B - CLG vs. Noble eSports (Station 2) 3-0

10:00 PM   Group D - Team Liquid vs. Renegades (Main Stage) 2-3

10:00 PM   Group D - SoaR Gaming vs. Astral Authority (Station 2) 3-2

Saturday

2:10 PM   Group A - Team Allegiance vs. Triggers Pound (Main Stage) 3-0

2:10 PM   Group A - Dream Team vs. OpTic Gaming (Station 2) 1-3

3:00 PM   Group C - Team EnVyUs vs. Denial eSports (Main Stage) 3-1

3:00 PM   Group C - Evil Geniuses vs. Winterfox (Station 2) 3-0

4:00 PM   Group B - Noble eSports vs. eLevate (Main Stage) 3-1

4:00 PM   Group B - CLG vs. OverDrive (Station 2) 3-0

5:00 PM   Group D - Renegades vs. SoaR Gaming (Main Stage) 3-0

5:00 PM   Group D - Team Liquid vs. Astral Authority (Station 2) 3-0

6:00 PM   Group C - Team EnVyUs vs. Winterfox (Main Stage) 3-1

6:00 PM   Group C - Evil Geniuses vs. Denial eSports (Station 2) 3-1

7:00 PM   Group A - Dream Team vs. Triggers Pound (Main Stage) 1-3

7:00 PM   Group A - Team Allegiance vs. OpTic Gaming (Station 2) 3-1

8:00 PM   Quarterfinal #1 - Renegades vsTeam EnVyUs 4-2

9:00 PM   Quarterfinal #2 - Team Allegiance vs. Noble eSports 4-1

Sunday

12:10 PM   Quarterfinal #3 - CLG vs. Team Liquid 4-0

1:00 PM   Quarterfinal #4 - Evil Geniuses vs. OpTic Gaming 4-1

2:00 PM   Semifinal #1 - Renegades vs. Team Allegiance 4-3

3:30 PM   Semifinal #2 - CLG vs. Evil Geniuses 4-3

5:00 PM   Final CLG vs. Renegades 4-1

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just to further discuss Allegiance road to Worlds, since Cratos has been active on my last few posts.

If they take 1st in their Group, they will most likely have to play either Noble or eLevate in quarterfinals of bracket. Looking at @@T0rM3nTeD scrim results, Noble has given them some pretty close matches lately, even though Allegiance has been pretty dominate against them during the qualifiers. I've not seen much of them against eLevate however (except with Ryanoob subbing, which eLevate won the short scrim).

Going into Semi they play the winner of Group C #2 vs Group D #1. Honestly, I'm not sure who to expect out of that. I feel it could be any of the Envy/Denial or Liquid/Renegades. Who knows, maybe Envy shocks everyone and places first in Group C, and EG ends up 2nd. I don't feel I can rule out anything honestly. But most likely I expect either Envy or Liquid to be the opponent. With that in mind, again looking at @@T0rM3nTeD scrim results. Envy and Liquid have been playing well against Allegiance, being even and winning scrims.

Now, Allegiance could be 100% sandbagging scrims, and I seldom look at scrim results as a means to gauge matchups. But even though I think Allegiance has the easiest route to Worlds, looking at scrims lately it wouldn't be shocking to see them slip up in the bracket stage.

And I'm sure this post will just feed the notion that "I hate Allegiance" belief (even if it isn't true).

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Cloud, Assault, and Hysteria have K/D's of 0.918, 0.932, and 1.001 respectively.  Only Hysteria is therefore even remotely in the ball-park of the "upper tier" players.  Yes you can argue "K/D isn't everything", but when you look at their stats you can see that there IS a reason as to why they couldn't get on any top teams: literally none of them look like top players.

It isn't just CLG and EG that have been beating them.  Renegades, Liquid, etc, have been slapping them around with ease.  The only teams they are competitive against are those bubble 8-16 seed teams.  Can they qualify? Absolutely, but that IMO would be a testament to their weak group (Optic and Dream Team) as opposed to proving that they are "damn good" themselves.

LAN experience is overblown.  Literally every single "new player" who burst onto the scene performed up to expectation at X-Games.  Stellur? Best performer on Renegades.  Commonly? Won the tournament.  Frosty? Looked awesome.  Suspector? Looked awesome and was BETTER than Naded who people were riding here hardcore.  If you analyze Liquid who disappointing heavily, it was actually "proven LAN players" like APG and Ace who were shitting the bed.  Unlegit actually showed up and performed.

"LAN experience" isn't going to turn a team that looks bad to average online into a "damn good team" on LAN.  There just isn't that big a significance between Online and LAN, at least not in this game.  If they were "damn good", they'd be doing SOMETHING online.

GIF-Agree-I-agree-Have-to-agree-GIF.gif?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Fight through the Payne!

UvtvHhE.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2:00 PM   Semifinal #1 - Renegades vs. Team Allegiance 4-3

3:30 PM   Semifinal #2 - CLG vs. Evil Geniuses 4-3

5:00 PM   Final CLG vs. Renegades 4-1

Renegades fan (just curious)?

I've only seen Renegades play Allegiance once, and they got beat pretty bad. Meanwhile Liquid has been playing Allegiance pretty close in scrims. I feel like Renegades matches up bad against Allegiance personally.

• Upvote (+1) 3