CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think the whole not streaming scrims makes this weekend a lot more exciting. I'm freaking dying for friday

Wait, my fears are coming to fruition and they won't be showing all of the matches :(?

Edit: so busy at work today, but it seems like it is.

vokDiTL.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

Does anyone have a link to an Esport spectator experience with live stats being broadcasted on screen?

Someone mentioned league of legends does this and im curious as to what it looks likes...

I want to see H5 implement this to a degree.

Wait, my fears are coming to fruition and they won't be showing all of the matches :(?

Logistics.  They went from a b03 pool play to b05.  And this isn't h2a anymore.  There are more than 8 teams at an event.  But don't worry little buddy they'll still show all bracket matches.  And as I'm typing this I'm realizing we'll be missing potential world qualifying pool play matches.   :wutface: Welp there's really only one solution to this...343 to declare Monday as a national holiday and make this a 4 day tournament.  :prayers:

Logistics. They went from a b03 pool play to b05. And this isn't h2a anymore. There are more than 8 teams at an event. But don't worry little buddy they'll still show all bracket matches. And as I'm typing this I'm realizing we'll be missing potential world qualifying pool play matches.dan:wutface: Welp there's really only one solution to this...343 to declare Monday as a national holiday and make this a 4 day tournament. :prayers:

They said if there is an important match off stream they will move it to the main stage.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Logistics.  They went from a b03 pool play to b05.  And this isn't h2a anymore.  There are more than 8 teams at an event.  But don't worry little buddy they'll still show all bracket matches.  And as I'm typing this I'm realizing we'll be missing potential world qualifying pool play matches.   :wutface: Welp there's really only one solution to this...343 to declare Monday as a national holiday and make this a 4 day tournament.  :prayers:

Yeah, I figured this would be a logistical problem a couple days ago, but was calmed by the voices. Alas, we will miss some hype but it will have to compensated somehow.

Edit: so busy at work today, but it seems like it is.

vokDiTL.jpg

What are there? 6 matches per group? That's 24 best of 5 matches in 2 days. Having them all streamed is unrealistic.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm telling you guys, the tech to having good execution for + reps is using your index finger and if you're not confident, pinky.

Still 100% on my intention to rep someone :flames:

Didn't work.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This phone is an absolute nightmare I spend 80% of my time on this site saying ahh shit.

You need a new phone mate

138370-giant-android-phone-meme-Imgur-qP

• Upvote (+1) 5

When you spend 2 hours making graphics and people downvote your post.

ErZCNs6.png

635736481721110256709784677_whywouldyoud

+1 for using Anna Torv

What are there? 6 matches per group? That's 24 best of 5 matches in 2 days. Having them all streamed is unrealistic.

I know it's unrealistic, but a nerd can dream.

pretty sure @@Necrev is just a serial accidental mobile downvoter (or he just hates half my posts lol)

I assumed he hated a lot of peoples posts and was super edgy. I see him neg a lot of upvoted posts. lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

So that's between 72 and 120 total games in group play with a low-ball estimate of 10 minutes per match for 12 to 20 hours in order to stream every game. That's ignoring time between matches and other breaks/problems, so its pretty safe to assume it would be closer to 20 hours in two days, plus the quarterfinals on the Saturday. I guess it would be possible with 2 streams but that would just fragment the audience. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Made another account because he knows a lot of Pro players and doesn't want to upset them.

Uses name analyst... hummm. We will uncover you!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Catching up from what I missed yesterday and saw this. I get that this thread moves pretty fast, but I'm sure I'm not the only person that sometimes feels like you post stuff and nobody reads it. I brought this up to Cratos on Monday the 15th HERE. It's not 100% random, but each half of the bracket is essentially random (plus you can't play the 2nd seed from your bracket in RD1).

Honestly, I think the group to bracket play is going to be pretty decent. Some issues were caused by team changes, some by good performance and brackets during OT's. The nice thing is that they still have to prove they are worthy come group stage. I get that Allegiance would want their 1st place finish from the Qualifier Stage to carry through as long as possible, but that is a selfish opinion (consider Dream Team having their OT placing mattering even more). The way it is setup makes sure teams still have to prove they are top dog at regionals if they want the top spot as Worlds. It's a good compromise of awarding teams but still requiring them to prove their worth. Seeding for worlds being decided by a single elimination bracket (Bo5 & Bo7) of 8 teams, it could be a LOT worse IMO. And it's not like teams that don't place well in the bracket stage aren't going to Worlds. Honestly, I think the only teams that have a cause for complaint are eLevate, Noble, and maybe Denial. I think it is likely that only 1 of them will advance to Worlds and I think all 3 of them have the possibility to beat the potential 2nd seed in other groups. Then again, Denial and Noble went through major team changes, so part of me feels like they are responsible for their seeding.

Well it's confirmed that eg will play CLG in semis now so it's not randomized. And it's not selfish for us to want our 1st seed to matter lol I literally played this game more than any player other than maybe Naded we are pretty close. I honestly got mad when I saw it was random but when they sent the schedule I felt a lot better that my time put in meant something.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

low-ball estimate of 10 minutes per match

Is that a low-ball estimate? Feels like H5 games go a lot faster. Does anyone have a stat on how long matches on average last?

Also, I suspect there will be a decent amount of 3-0 matches.

I suspect the whole group play game time (minus downtime and all that) to be 8-10 hours. Just a guess though.

Triggers Pound: A damn good team, I think this is the team to watch come regionals and worlds.

No offense, but on what plane of existence is Triggers Pound a "damn good" team? Their online results are below-average...and that is being kind to them.  Have they beaten ANY "good" team in an online scrim yet? I don't think I've seen it.

I can't help but read that and conclude that you are "buying into" the names on that roster, because there isn't anything else there to suggest that they are "good" in any way whatsoever.  Cloud and Hysteria couldn't land on any top-tier team; their options were Optic (scrambling at the deadline), Winterfox, and this team.  Assault came off a bad Optic team himself and hardly looks like an impact player.  Danoxide obviously isn't going to carry this team by himself.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Group B: CLG

Noble

eLevate

OverDrive

Only one I disagree with. I see eLevate going through but it will definitely be close. 

I see rep being brought up in this thread almost as much as the settings debate.. 

puts me in the mood to neg them all  :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1