CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@CyReN Overdrives team on the front page needs updating

Will update when I get home from work later.

----

Updated on mobile, and what's with the neg rep @@Quarter for this lol?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Solution is pretty simple, just move the Friday 8pm slot to Saturday 7pm and vice versa. That way we would end Saturday with a potential qualification deciding Optic vs Triggers Pound matchup on main stage and a trivial Allegiance vs Dream Team matchup on the second stage. Both teams are expected to lose to Allegiance and beat Dream Team, it would be set up so perfectly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, the most important Halo tournament to date, and you have the top 4 seeds on stream once? Also, Optic, who could pull in huge numbers overall for the stream, are on once as well, and its on a Friday night vs prime time Saturday. 

I am hype for Regionals, but more should have been done to get more teams on stream.

Start at 3pm vs 5pm on Friday. Play until 10pm on Saturday.

People are so entitled... this is what the majority wanted when they demanded best of 5's. Sacrifices needed to be made. Be happy that we have a scene as opposed to years ago when it was fucked.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Will update when I get home from work later.

----

Updated on mobile, and what's with the neg rep @@Quarter for this lol?

Fat thumbs on mobile. It's a plague on society.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

Fat thumbs on mobile. It's a plague on society.

@@CyReN Any possibility of making it where we can edit our Rep Given to a post?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm telling you guys, the tech to having good execution for + reps is using your index finger and if you're not confident, pinky.

Still 100% on my intention to rep someone :flames:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

We did try it out a few years back with the staff, just didn't look good with the IPB platform. Plus, it's another thing to moderate with people linking nsfw images and really long and threatening messages. It was cool during the MLG days though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm telling you guys, the tech to having good execution for + reps is using your index finger and if you're not confident, pinky.

Still 100% on my intention to rep someone :flames:

Every night before I go to bed I wedge my index finger into a Bugle chip so over time it will slowly become pointy for executing precision + reppage.  I use Bugles because there is the added benefit of having a snack handy if I wake up hungry in the middle of the night.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Every night before I go to bed I wedge my index finger into a Bugle chip so over time it will slowly become pointy for executing precision + reppage. I use Bugles because there is the added benefit having a snack handy if I wake up hungry in the middle of the night.

Plus you can give yourself witch fingers.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

More FA Breakdowns

Fearitself

j8aRazJ.jpg

Squall

XALuyWn.jpg

Eccentrikk

1kFy2aI.jpg

Sargoth

fyFmUQE.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As has been pointed out already. The seeds from Pool to Bracket are randomized. So CLG/EG very well might not see each other til Finals.

Catching up from what I missed yesterday and saw this. I get that this thread moves pretty fast, but I'm sure I'm not the only person that sometimes feels like you post stuff and nobody reads it. I brought this up to Cratos on Monday the 15th HERE. It's not 100% random, but each half of the bracket is essentially random (plus you can't play the 2nd seed from your bracket in RD1).

Honestly, I think the group to bracket play is going to be pretty decent. Some issues were caused by team changes, some by good performance and brackets during OT's. The nice thing is that they still have to prove they are worthy come group stage. I get that Allegiance would want their 1st place finish from the Qualifier Stage to carry through as long as possible, but that is a selfish opinion (consider Dream Team having their OT placing mattering even more). The way it is setup makes sure teams still have to prove they are top dog at regionals if they want the top spot as Worlds. It's a good compromise of awarding teams but still requiring them to prove their worth. Seeding for worlds being decided by a single elimination bracket (Bo5 & Bo7) of 8 teams, it could be a LOT worse IMO. And it's not like teams that don't place well in the bracket stage aren't going to Worlds. Honestly, I think the only teams that have a cause for complaint are eLevate, Noble, and maybe Denial. I think it is likely that only 1 of them will advance to Worlds and I think all 3 of them have the possibility to beat the potential 2nd seed in other groups. Then again, Denial and Noble went through major team changes, so part of me feels like they are responsible for their seeding.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anybody want to get a Skype/Curse/Discord chat going during the tournament this weekend?

I'll be playing League and watching the tournament ALL weekend...so If anybody wants to play some League and/or watch the tourney, give me a shout!

• Upvote (+1) 2

The best part about that photo. No sound proof booths.  :weback:

Only bad thing about that is that the players have to wear earbuds with noise canceling headsets over them.

Things to note with this:

​- Each team that made it to NA Regionals will get at least one match on main stage

- The schedule worked out that we're basically following four teams in their Group Stage run:

A: Triggers Pound

B: Elevate

C: EnvyUS

D: Renegades

- Even though matches are being played off stream, you'll be getting updates on what is happening during the show

- If it comes down to a very important match to be shown, we can switch the main stream and off stream match.

Ahh this makes more sense. I was wondering why Triggers Pound gets 2 Main Stage matches as to Allegiance getting one. Still though I personally think OpTic vs Allegiance should be on mainstage either way.

The chaos of people changing rep after the fact is to much for me to handle.

Trying to get some co-workers into competitive halo when I hear, "They need to show these entire matches from a top-down perspective."

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trying to get some co-workers into competitive halo when I hear, "They need to show these entire matches from a top-down perspective."

get them fired. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Think thats bad? I was playing League with some friends of a friend last night and I told them all about Regionals this weekend. They told me they were REALLY big into the Halo competitive scene during Halo 4, but dont really follow Halo 5.

I damn near quit on the spot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am just happy that I will be able to hold my discussion sections tomorrow. I seriously would have cancelled class to watch. Thinking about what I am saying now, I am probably the worst TA ever and don't deserve to be paid, but who cares right? Halo is clearly more important!  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 6

People are so entitled... this is what the majority wanted when they demanded best of 5's. Sacrifices needed to be made. Be happy that we have a scene as opposed to years ago when it was fucked.

Its not that I am entitled, I just want to keep the scene we have now rolling on this surge. I am not MAD by any means that we are getting what we are getting, I just want more :) Being greedy I suppose.

• Upvote (+1) 1