CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

you're kind of a moron for posting a 153 mb gif.....

RIP people's data plans 

Quality bro.

#unlimitedDataPlan 

• Upvote (+1) 4

A lot of good games being played off the main stage. Looks like they did a god job at putting the better ones on stream. 

I would rather see the 7pm ALG vs Optic then DT vs Triggers Pound. 

EDIT: woops, see you meant main stage.

Quick glace says that every team is featured 3 times. So that is probably a part of why.

Optic is on the main stage 1 time. 

Things to note with this:

​- Each team that made it to NA Regionals will get at least one match on main stage

- The schedule worked out that we're basically following four teams in their Group Stage run: 

A: Triggers Pound

B: Elevate

C: EnvyUS

D: Renegades

- Even though matches are being played off stream, you'll be getting updates on what is happening during the show

- If it comes down to a very important match to be shown, we can switch the main stream and off stream match.

Accidental neg, my bad!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Things to note with this:

​- Each team that made it to NA Regionals will get at least one match on main stage

- The schedule worked out that we're basically following four teams in their Group Stage run: 

- Even though matches are being played off stream, you'll be getting updates on what is happening during the show

- If it comes down to a very important match to be shown, we can switch the main stream and off stream match.

Depending on what happens in pool C it might be a good idea to swap the 6pm mainstage with the 7pm mainstage on Saturday to end pool play with a potentially pretty hype series assuming WFX and EnVy are playing for the second spot coming out of pool C. That could realistically happen where that won't likely be the case for TP v DT but it'll be something you have to call during the day if you don't just outright change it now

This is just a preview of what is to come this weekend.

GIFstraveganza

Yup, hopefully Vodafone release a new 5tb data plan so i can keep up with the 1337 gifs or whatever the kids with nothing to actually say call them these days.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

giphy.gif

"WHO'S THROWING HANDLES!?"

Geez, I'm gonna be out of town on Sunday, and I'm a bit of sad panda that I can't watch the finals. I mean, I can watch a bunch on Friday and Saturday, but it's just not the same when you can't see it through to the end.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"WHO'S THROWING HANDLES!?"

Geez, I'm gonna be out of town on Sunday, and I'm a bit of sad panda that I can't watch the finals. I mean, I can watch a bunch on Friday and Saturday, but it's just not the same when you can't see it through to the end.

Friday-Saturday is what matters the most though - just getting to worlds. The stakes aren't as high on Sunday, even though there's a 50K prize pool.

Just wondering why follow these 4 teams though. Why TP instead of say Optic? I'm sure it has a lot to do with scheduling and all, I just find it interesting. I get most of the picks. This is my thought process.

Group A: Allegiance is expected to walk through. Dream team is expected to get beat bad. TP and Optic are expected to compete for 2nd. TP has 3 members that are established Halo names, so I get why you might pick them. However Optic is Optic and people obviously want to see them.

Group B: CLG will most likely walk through 3-0 so not very interesting. Overdrive is an underdog that is not expected to get through. Elevate and Noble are the two of interest so you could go either way picking between those. Their matchup gets main stage either way. Elevate probably makes more sense since you have more "established" names on that team.

Group C: EG should walk through 3-0 honestly. Envy and Denial are currently the most likely teams to advance (sorry WFX fans). Envy has some of the biggest names, so it makes sense.

Group D: Basically everyone expects it to be a battle between Liquid and Renegades. Not much more to say.

The breakdown for mainstage;

62wzTls.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just wondering why follow these 4 teams though. Why TP instead of say Optic? I'm sure it has a lot to do with scheduling and all, I just find it interesting.

The breakdown for mainstage;

62wzTls.png

It's just how it worked out. We're not specifically following these four teams but the matches to show that are more interesting/story driven, just so happens to include every match from these teams.

When making this, I went matchup by matchup between the main stage and secondary stage. If you notice, group matches are played at the same time, not allowing for some matches to be shown.

• Upvote (+1) 8

It's just how it worked out. We're not specifically following these four teams but the matches to show that are more interesting/story driven, just so happens to include every match from these teams.

When making this, I went matchup by matchup between the main stage and secondary stage. If you notice, group matches are played at the same time, not allowing for some matches to be shown.

Great job man, I know it was tough to put this together.  Can't please every one. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

From my experience, posting about people's hair can get you hella neg rep.

(But this is funny)

Meh let'em neg rep it. That haircut is atrocious and that is the EXACT same haircut as Ishamel Boorg from Kingpin.

If people dont find that funny they need to lighten up or quit rocking that do.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

CLG and EG will meet in the semifinals if they both get first in their pool and advance from the quarters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You should heavily consider changing the 7pm Saturday Main Stage match to be Allegiance vs. Optic.

Otherwise, without shaking up the timing of the entire schedule to make some slight improvements, I think you made the right choices.  :simms:

EDIT: nvm, this would mean we never see Dream Team on the main.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I understand. I updated my post with my thought process. I didn't have time to consider any scheduling conflicts however. I think featuring matchups of those teams makes a lot of sense. The only one I think would have made sense to switch, strictly from a viewership perspective, would be TP and Optic. But I completely understand that if all these matches are going on at the same time, that simply might not be possible to make work. And as you said, if a matchup becomes more hype or important then what is scheduled for mainstage, you guys might have to switch it up a bit.

I mean, the most important Halo tournament to date, and you have the top 4 seeds on stream once? Also, Optic, who could pull in huge numbers overall for the stream, are on once as well, and its on a Friday night vs prime time Saturday. 

I am hype for Regionals, but more should have been done to get more teams on stream.

Start at 3pm vs 5pm on Friday. Play until 10pm on Saturday.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2