CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They should make a competitive playlist for a few weeks trying no radar to see how it plays out. Im all for them taking out radar though. 

I would Jizz.

Each pool has two teams advance. 1st place seed in the pool, and 2nd place seed in the pool. 

The top 4 in the bracket will be randomized and will be made up of the 1st place seeds from each pool.

The bottom 4 in the bracket will be randomized and will be made up of the 2nd place seeds from each pool.

In other words, if EG and CLG both WON their pool, they could not meet in the quarters and the soonest they could mean is in the semis if they're on the same side of the bracket. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wait, so bracket can be: Group A 1st vs Group A 2nd? or Group A 1st vs Group B 1st?

If yes, WHAT THE HELL :wutface:

a 1 seed will play a 2 seed round 1 of bracket play

It's going to take some god level wizardry to change the bracket. I'm NOT trying to bring it up but I'd much rather the radar discussion ended for a while just so we have a double elim. Honestly, 343, if you want a fan base and viewership, you need to do this more than anything. I actually really like Allegiance and RNG but my mouth waters at a potential final of EG and CLG. This story is what matters the most. You saw what Flame did, pulling in 28-30K on Twitch and X-Games numbers were the best I've seen in a long ass time. Story and teams matter. 

I also heard that when they get past group stages, the seeds are going to be mixed up like I think the UK or EU qualifier. If that is true, what is the actual point. Someone at 343 needs to get fired ASAP because random seeding and single elim is literal toxic. I swear, these fools at 343 watch League, CoD and Counter-Strike and just copy everything from them. I mean come on, even CoD changed their eSports to CWL. Warzone? League. Packs? CS:GO. HCS? LCS. Online Tournaments? CoD. 

Literal joke, man. I hate to be so negative but these fools couldn't even run a high school prom, never mind the biggest Halo tournament ever. 

The bracket is randomized but you can't meet the team from your group until the finals and you start by playing the second finisher of another pool IIRC. Either way EG / CLG playing has a very high probability either in the semi's or the final.

At this point when they're in the bracket coming out of pool play, playing for seed alone to me double elim would just devalue the match-up. The world is going to come together and watch CLG vs EG because it's that ONE MATCH where it's all on the line again. In single elimination all the cards are on the table and the stakes are high, double elim OK you're probably going to end with them taking 1st and 2nd seed in the tournament but purely from an entertainment perspective the first time they clash there's that caveat that the consequences aren't entirely there.

Also don't say people should be fired, it's an automatic eye-roll.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What are going to be the biggest matches of the pools?

Thinking that Triggers Pound vs. OpTic is going to be huge. No one is really talking about Triggers Pound...

Denial vs. WFX vs. nV will certainly be interesting.

What has elevate been up to? Haven't seen scrim results out of them in awhile

--EDIT--

Just looked more into Elevate, seems like they are handily beating teams like SvR/Astral and SoaR. Went 5-9 against OpTic but took games from EG and other teams... Seem like a total wildcard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What are going to be the biggest matches of the pools?

RNG vs. TL for 1st in Group D will be big. Both will want to avoid a quarters match-up against CLG/EG/ALG. Seems like TL has been grinding and improved quite a bit since they got demolished by RNG at X-games. Tbh another loss by TL against RNG would be pretty embarrassing for Ace and Unlegit after repeatedly blaming their struggles on Ninja before dropping him, as well as for the TL org people who decided to represent Ace's team over Ninja's.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know if anyone has ever visited https://www.reddit.com/r/esports, it's mainly in the know people who discuss the business side & latest news of esports for the most part. Anyway, on the side bar they include a list of all upcoming events for the top esports, they listed Worlds but have glaringly missed the NA Regionals.

If anyone knows the mods there or could manage to include Regionals on the list, it'd be some great exposure for us as the subreddit has a good amount of visitors.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The bracket is randomized but you can't meet the team from your group until the finals and you start by playing the second finisher of another pool IIRC. Either way EG / CLG playing has a very high probability either in the semi's or the final.

At this point when they're in the bracket coming out of pool play, playing for seed alone to me double elim would just devalue the match-up. The world is going to come together and watch CLG vs EG because it's that ONE MATCH where it's all on the line again. In single elimination all the cards are on the table and the stakes are high, double elim OK you're probably going to end with them taking 1st and 2nd seed in the tournament but purely from an entertainment perspective the first time they clash there's that caveat that the consequences aren't entirely there.

Also don't say people should be fired, it's an automatic eye-roll.

Please tell me how that makes it better? I've been watching Halo from H2 and this is the biggest mess yet on the biggest vent. I sound salty because I am. If this keeps on going, people will only tune in to one or two matches (Optic, EG vs CLG) and then die out (Unfortunately the game is dead, though). Yes, the community will always be here on TB but what about not die hard forums? Why can Activation and Riot get me to watch games daily from teams in the 8-16 bracket? Because I know what to expect. FULL match details, FULL league scores, times to tune in, announcements well in advance, active social media and that's just the beginning. I don't even play CoD but sure it enjoyable to watch with what they have done this year. 

About the firing thing, I see your point and I went about it the wrong way but someone really does need to get fired. Not a single thing this year from Halo was thought of by them. They think we are League or CS:GO and will have millions of viewers for a tournament in March with awfully ran online cups. The game I have played for 15 years is dead. I play every day and I hate the see it in this state I just can't see why people can't see that? Why are WE putting effort in, when it doesn't even come from the developers? LMAO they had to get them at a meal at X-Games and "plead" to get it to BO5 yet Gears of War can publicly announce they messed up and change cups to BO5 LOL.

• Downvote (-1) 6

AE isn't being talked about much as a winning contender. I feel like they're gonna be a team that gets a lot better with every LAN and could surprise some people at Regionals and/or Worlds. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you Guys think it's bad imagine how my team feels literally no lifing gamebattles not scrimming a pro team in a month just to earn the 1st seed and to know its for nothing Cus seeds are randomized when it matters lol...

I feel you, but having an easy pool is a huge bonus imo

• Upvote (+1) 3

ONLY 2 MORE SLEEPS UNTIL REGIONALS!

• Upvote (+1) 3

AE isn't being talked about much as a winning contender. I feel like they're gonna be a team that gets a lot better with every LAN and could surprise some people at Regionals and/or Worlds. 

I know it's a tired narrative at this point, but it all comes down to Naded.

He was hot garbage against EG at X-Games but they still took two games from them.

If he's 100% all weekend, they'll make some noise. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@mediabrute

Any chance on a Puckett Fan banner for this weekend?  :prayers:

...and to follow up

@@CyReN

Any chance on a Pucket smiley for the weekend?   :prayers:  :prayers:

0oCnXQF.png

Qc1Q3ZD.png

mfbGkzk.png:simms:

:puckett: :puckett: :puckett: :puckett: :puckett: :puckett: :puckett: :puckett: :puckett: :puckett:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think it will be the exact opposite: their early-game advantage wherein their "newer" players were able to break down the newer H5 gameplay will dissipate.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If you Guys think it's bad imagine how my team feels literally no lifing gamebattles not scrimming a pro team in a month just to earn the 1st seed and to know its for nothing Cus seeds are randomized when it matters lol...

I mean it did give you some of the easier group opponents. you have the easiest "2nd team" with dream team being in your group.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh, and rep has been raised to 75 per day again for the event.

As always, Premium gets 100 :flames:

:intensifies: :intensifies: :intensifies: :intensifies: