CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So I just purchased the Arena REQ bundle and I feel so ripped off right about now. I mean, as much as I love the MARK V Helmet (armor, not so much), I don't think it was worth 25 dollars. I saw the ad and I was like "I love those skins, let me get them!" only to get armor. Oh well, nice idea, just wish it was skins only, since I really do not care for armor as much as I do for skins. 

Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So I just purchased the Arena REQ bundle and I feel so ripped off right about now. I mean, as much as I love the MARK V Helmet (armor, not so much), I don't think it was worth 25 dollars. I saw the ad and I was like "I love those skins, let me get them!" only to get armor. Oh well, nice idea, just wish it was skins only, since I really do not care for armor as much as I do for skins. 

Just my 2 cents.

You get 2 packs every week for 7 weeks. So you'll be getting some nice skins eventually. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You get 2 packs every week for 7 weeks. So you'll be getting some nice skins eventually. 

oh, silly me! I misunderstood and thought that you can only buy 1 pack and that it was available for 7 weeks, not you could buy 1 each week for 7 weeks. My bad guys!

And by 1 pack I mean 1 Arena Bundle Pack

oh, silly me! I misunderstood and thought that you can only buy 1 pack and that it was available for 7 weeks, not you could buy 1 each week for 7 weeks. My bad guys!

And by 1 pack I mean 1 Arena Bundle Pack

As in you buy the "Arena pack" bundle and get two packs every week for seven weeks. One off purchase of the "Arena pack", get 14 packs spread over seven weeks.

• Upvote (+1) 2

TI5 was pool play, where the top 2 of each pool were placed in to the winners bracket of a double elim bracket, and the rest are placed in the losers bracket.

The recent major was like this as well, double elim bracket after pool play.

Comparing bo3/bo5 is kinda pointless, as dota games tend to last a lot longer than halo games.

Has Puckett being following Halo for the past few years?

Will he be up to speed, or will he potentially not know who some of the players are?

I kinda assume that he'll be more of a host than a caster. That way he can have his lines prepared ahead of time instead of having to react on the fly. Who knows though, maybe he's done some cramming and is up to speed.

i understand where you are coming from

but if anything overdrive was doing them the favor, optic is the 16th seed with a questionable coach

Overdrive is NOT doing Optic a favor by scrimming them.

Optic is clearly better than several teams higher seeded than them, Overdrive being one of those teams.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What comes in these packs? Is it anything that you can ONLY unlock from those packs, or is it stuff you could unlock in Gold Packs regardless? I would maybe drop the dough if it will go towards HCS AND be original content.

I  have this feeling that its going to be easy to get into OG head on lan.. I hope it doesn't happen though. 

If pool play is Bo5 and semis are played Bo7 IMO there is no need for double-elim, every game COUNTS and in every game EVERYONE has to bring their A game to win cuz every match is that decisive. While giving the spectator a long enough series they can enjoy.

Edit : Dota 2 Master Race also does it that way.

Dota 2 doesn't mainly use single elim tournaments. Some certainly do but the majors and TI all use pool play into a double elim bracket (with some teams being seeded into the lower bracket)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Overdrive is NOT doing Optic a favor by scrimming them.

Optic is clearly better than several teams higher seeded than them, Overdrive being one of those teams.

we can agree to disagree

optic has won like 2 scrims in the last month, so idk how they are clearly better

• Upvote (+1) 1

So is there any knowledge of continued halo coverage on ESPN? Was it only due to xgames?

Also, for these Team Beyond 4v4 tournaments, is the 343 pro team allowed to compete?

What comes in these packs? Is it anything that you can ONLY unlock from those packs, or is it stuff you could unlock in Gold Packs regardless? I would maybe drop the dough if it will go towards HCS AND be original content.

You can obtain everything from the Arena packs through gold silver and bronze packs. So it's just a quicker and easier way to get rare skins and armor I guess.

What food are you guys getting for the festivities? I am thinking of getting a large pizza with sausage, mushrooms and peppers for Friday night.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What food are you guys getting for the festivities? I am thinking of getting a large pizza with sausage, mushrooms and peppers for Friday night.

Pizza is an obvious choice, but since it's MLG you also have to get mountain dew and doritos.

• Upvote (+1) 1

we can agree to disagree

optic has won like 2 scrims in the last month, so idk how they are clearly better

What team has Overdrive beaten in the last month. ?
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Pizza is an obvious choice, but since it's MLG you also have to get mountain dew and doritos.

got to get Dr. Pepper not my dew
  • Upvote (+1) 1

http://www.twitch.tv/eccentrik/v/46709366. If anyone wanted to watch the crazy comeback during the LCQ my team had when we were playing for top8, feel free to give this a view. I also wanna say good luck to all the teams attending regionals. Rooting for my boys on noble to make it to worlds. 

Pretty wild game, that scattershot / camo at the end. 

More FA Breakdowns

Very Nerdy

GDw45N0.jpg

Burton

5rubZ3x.jpg

Blaze X

kj1s2VO.jpg

Exemplify

JYIdERd.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4