CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Instead of asking these hypothetical questions like "would you guys like the game without radar" or "how would you guys like BR start", why don't they start implementing social playlists or weekend playlists that actually do it instead of rumble rockets and whatnot? I would definitely love to try out an arena based playlist without radar for a weekend and from then on just see how it goes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At the end of Revenge of the Sith, there were only 2 Jedi and 2 Siths.

Anakin did a good job bringing balance to the force.

Dude...spoilers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dude... that movie is 11 years old, and I haven't even seen it either.

Anakin brought balance by killing the emperor.  Rule of 2, he was always destined to kill his master.

Dude...spoilers.

Lets be honest. Its 11 years old. If you haven't seen it yet, that's nobodies problem but your own.

Spoilers are only spoilers if you haven't had the time to see something. Anything beyond say...3 weeks, your fault.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

At the end of Revenge of the Sith, there were only 2 Jedi and 2 Siths.

Anakin did a good job bringing balance to the force.

You should watch Star Wars Rebels

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lets be honest. Its 11 years old. If you haven't seen it yet, that's nobodies problem but your own.

Spoilers are only spoilers if you haven't had the time to see something. Anything beyond say...3 weeks, your fault.

It was kinda sarcasm.

• Upvote (+1) 2

we all knew this day would come....

But seriously pretty much every reason I've seen for radar being bad is just wrong. It's just the generic trash that you want to believe. Sure sometimes a guy crouches and kills you. This games maps are extremely elevation based uike other halos. Also playing the exact settings as the normal casual dweebs is pretty important, and if they work well then there's no reason to change. Sorry guys I know it's not h3 and h2 and everything sucks now.

Edit: I fucked the quote up on my phone I'm sorry idk how to fix it

Hail Lethul the voice of the minority.

we all knew this day would come....

But seriously pretty much every reason I've seen for radar being bad is just wrong. It's just the generic trash that you want to believe. Sure sometimes a guy crouches and kills you. This games maps are extremely elevation based uike other halos. Also playing the exact settings as the normal casual dweebs is pretty important, and if they work well then there's no reason to change. Sorry guys I know it's not h3 and h2 and everything sucks now.

Edit: I fucked the quote up on my phone I'm sorry idk how to fix it

Lol if I or any other pleb say something like this I get Neg Bombed like Hiroshima, but when @@LethuL speaks, it's Truth. :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People are dying because they have are seen on radar before they can catch someone off guard. If radar wasn't there, they would get the kill rather than die. Instead of +1 to your team score in a game like slayer, its basically a +1 to the other team. That's a 2 point differential. If it happens 5 times a game, which is rather conservative, that's a 10 point differential just because of radar. I don't know how anyone can downplay that, especially in slayer gametypes that are often series tiebreakers/winners. For longer gametypes like CTF or Strongholds that go way past the 50 kill limits of slayers, you can expect radar to make 20-30 kill differentials possible. Like Lethul said, Halo 5 is extremely elevational, which makes radar worse than its ever been. While the range is cut in half, the elevation is more than double what is used to be, effectively making it worse than it ever has been. Radar is so much worse going up and down than it ever has been side to side, at least that's how I feel. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Saying that radar is better for the game than no radar isn't a valid argument, because the validity of it hasn't been tested.

How many scrims/series/test runs have teams done without radar?

I'm open to figuring out which group of settings is best for competitive Halo 5, but accepting what they've thrown at you as "the best", isn't really an intelligent thing to do.

I love Halo 5, the way it plays with radar, but I'm open to the fact that I might love the way it plays more without radar.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Radar is an interesting topic. In Halo's with a consistent movement speed, I would argue there was depth with no radar in anticipating player movement and also making movement choices based off of what the enemy has seen (and will try to use to anticipate your movement).

In Halo's with sprint - it was too hard for me to accurately anticipate and ended up feeling a lot more random. I wonder if Halo 5 would be the same.

the discussion isn't normally that it's better guaranteed or that it's the best, it's just the acceptance of it. If it didn't work I would say it doesn't work, but I've been living this damn game for the last month especially and grinding a lot since release. I see arguments of it making the game slow yet when I play the game is going 100 mph most of the time except in tight situations where in ANY halo it would slow down. As the game has evolved since release crouching has gotten less effective due to general awareness increasing and people knowing normal routines and patterns that people make in game. Idk it's kind of a pointless discussion since like most debates people will just get more entrenched in their own original opinions.

We didn't accept Breakout  :simms:

But I see what you're saying. And I don't really think the settings should be looked at before Worlds.

I really do think they should be looked at after Worlds, in the time before the League starts up. Especially if they are going to be introducing new game-types.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People are dying because they have are seen on radar before they can catch someone off guard

So you're saying radar makes the game harder. What side are you arguing here?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Also just wondering if most people realise the brightness of the dots change depending on your enemies elevation? Bright red same level.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Neg Bombed like Hiroshima

Racist  :lxthul:

I'm just watching this radar argument like

ess6W8Q.gif

At this point I could care less what anyone says about it, it's all just entertainment.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A few days late, it was posted 3 days ago, but Ninja gives a huge shout-out to Team Beyond forums at about the 4 minute mark.

(Sorry if someone already posted/mentioned this)

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The radar should be reworked to only show Spartans when they:

- sprint

- ground pound

- Spartan charge

- clamber

- thrust

You should never show up when you are walking normally, crouch jumping or shooting.

• Upvote (+1) 6