CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I just find it funny because if anyone else in the forums says this they would get negged hard.  :lxthul:

Lethul is one of the best players in the game, so I'd imagine his viewpoint should carry some weight to it. On the other hand, he could just be a sellout.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thanks Clap!

Seriously guys... It might sound a bit negative but I do not think we would have seen any changes if it was solely 343 instead of having MLG on board. I'm sure they all had to discuss the situation, but I can see MLG being the ones pushing for it. It's awesome to see Clap come here, listen, and post. I don't know why but this is the kinda stuff I'd assume bravo should have a hand in.

• Upvote (+1) 4

nV 10 - 3 Triggers Pound

Game 1 - CTF Coliseum, Teams Tie 2-2

Game 2 - TS Plaza, nV Wins 50-36

Game 3 - SH The Rig, nV Wins 100-78

Game 4 - CTF Fathom, nV Wins 3-0

Game 5 - TS Eden, nV Wins 50-38

Game 6 - TS Regret, nV Wins 50-37

Game 7 - CTF Truth, TP Wins 3-0

Game 8 - TS Coliseum, TP Wins 50-46

Game 9 - SH Plaza, nV Wins 100-72

Game 10 - TS The Rig, nV Wins 50-39

Game 11 - SH Eden, nV Wins 100-75

Game 12 - TS Truth, nV Wins 50-44

Game 13 - SH Empire, nV Wins 100-64

Game 14 - CTF Coliseum, TP Wins 3-0

Holy Shit! What happened to Ogre2? Last place almost every game. Can't go positive even in wins. Same problem during CLG as well but not this bad statistically. Mikwen deserves a better team. His individual skill is top 10 in h5.

He played well the first half of the games, but not the second half.  He wasnt the only one doing poorly in those games, but definitely trended the worst in the second half of the matches.  However, we don't have any context since we can't watching him play the games, so its harder to tell.

Good to see Ola killing it though, he certainly had a solid night.

• Upvote (+1) 2

we all knew this day would come....

But seriously pretty much every reason I've seen for radar being bad is just wrong. It's just the generic trash that you want to believe. Sure sometimes a guy crouches and kills you. This games maps are extremely elevation based uike other halos. Also playing the exact settings as the normal casual dweebs is pretty important, and if they work well then there's no reason to change. Sorry guys I know it's not h3 and h2 and everything sucks now.

I just find it funny because if anyone else in the forums says this they would get negged hard.  :lxthul:

i'm looking at half the forum like

tumblr_inline_nt6tz6MCfX1rea6kw_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

But seriously pretty much every reason I've seen for radar being bad is just wrong. It's just the generic trash that you want to believe. Sure sometimes a guy crouches and kills you. This games maps are extremely elevation based uike other halos. Also playing the exact settings as the normal casual dweebs is pretty important, and if they work well then there's no reason to change. Sorry guys I know it's not h3 and h2 and everything sucks now.

Edit: I fucked the quote up on my phone I'm sorry idk how to fix it

How does it feel to be the person who saved and killed Halo within a single month?

:kappa:

Lethul: If you hate radar, you're wrong. There's lots of elevation in this game and without it, H5 would be much harder.

Me: So... it would take more skill then? :simms:

Holy Shit! What happened to Ogre2? Last place almost every game. Can't go positive even in wins. Same problem during CLG as well but not this bad statistically. Mikwen deserves a better team. His individual skill is top 10 in h5.

Ogre 2 goes positive often in online scrims: *ignores it*

Ogre 2 goes negative at any point: HE'S WASHED UP.

You guys are killin it with the logic today. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is normal that people get upset when killed by crouching bastards with storm rifles.

The real problem is not the radar, is the magnum have no chance in close combat encounters vs automatic crouchers.

How about 4sk unescoped magnum? 5sk scoped (to keep rifles usable).

He played well the first half of the games, but not the second half.  He wasnt the only one doing poorly in those games, but definitely trended the worst in the second half of the matches.  However, we don't have any context since we can't watching him play the games, so its harder to tell.

Good to see Ola killing it though, he certainly had a solid night.

Also those stats don't show assists. He could have 20 assists when he went neg but that doesn't show

• Upvote (+1) 1

On the flipside, all the reasons that people say for no radar being good could be totally legit.  Small changes can impact the game in unintentional ways so i think the best course would be to play with no radar for a bit after World's are over and see how it goes.  Gotta give it a few weeks for people to adapt and see what is happening. Right now half the argument about radar is based on total assumptions since nobody has played enough 4v4s without it to get a feel for the differences and make a final judgement.

Is normal that people get upset when killed by crouching bastards with storm rifles.

The real problem is not the radar, is the magnum have no chance in close combat encounters vs automatic crouchers.

How about 4sk unescoped magnum? 5sk scoped (to keep rifles usable).

Or don't use the pistol in close range?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Having no radar doesn't negate the OP autos. Plus the radius is a lot shorter in this game.

I'd like to see a test if only to prove that it wouldn't make that much of a difference though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

nV 10 - 3 Triggers Pound

Game 1 - CTF Coliseum, Teams Tie 2-2

Game 2 - TS Plaza, nV Wins 50-36

Game 3 - SH The Rig, nV Wins 100-78

Game 4 - CTF Fathom, nV Wins 3-0

Game 5 - TS Eden, nV Wins 50-38

Game 6 - TS Regret, nV Wins 50-37

Game 7 - CTF Truth, TP Wins 3-0

Game 8 - TS Coliseum, TP Wins 50-46

Game 9 - SH Plaza, nV Wins 100-72

Game 10 - TS The Rig, nV Wins 50-39

Game 11 - SH Eden, nV Wins 100-75

Game 12 - TS Truth, nV Wins 50-44

Game 13 - SH Empire, nV Wins 100-64

Game 14 - CTF Coliseum, TP Wins 3-0

In that series:

Mikwen went +9.

Arkanum went +34

Ogre went -27

Ola.........+48 (He is playing like he is back)

Assault -39

Cloud +4

Danoxide -24

Hystera +2

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was supposed to bring balance to the force...

Why do the Jedi say this? All this talk about bringing balance to the force but all they're doing is shifting the force entirely to the light side which isn't balance at all. Then again, the light side and the Jedi aren't synonymous. In fact, you could argue that the Jedi aren't light side at all. They're just a group who feels as righteous as the Sith with their beliefs but in the opposite direction. You could argue that a certain rule of the Jedi, no emotions, is evil in of itself.

Anyway, back to Halo. What were we talking about? :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's not because 2gre is old. It's because this games movement is totally fucking different from any game prior. From what I watched he didn't really utilize the abilities all that much.

It's good to see Ola doing so well recently. His movement is still wizard like, and he seems to have found his aim again. I can only imagine what he'd do without radar.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ask and ye shall receive :)

You think you could mention to 343 the presence Halo has at live events, with crowds/spectators?

Idk how to word that.

It's good to see Ola doing so well recently. His movement is still wizard like, and he seems to have found his aim again. I can only imagine what he'd do without radar.  :lxthul:

Ola is a wizard. He always has radar

I was supposed to bring balance to the force...

At the end of Revenge of the Sith, there were only 2 Jedi and 2 Siths.

Anakin did a good job bringing balance to the force.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1