CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is all I'm saying considering I was busy in class... Feel free to tag me in the radar thread...

They should make a competitive playlist for a few weeks trying no radar to see how it plays out. Im all for them taking out radar though. 

They should definitely do that... Should start now so they can get the feedback going into season while the Pro's grind for HWC...

https://twitter.com/VeryNerdy_/status/699673229137317889  :walshy:

MRW When people are wanting to keep radar in competitive.

132.gif

Honestly if it was only when you sprinted or used an ability besides ground pound you should be on radar other than that you should be invisible to it... :ghost:

I cant really decide of radar. for one its great to know where the enemy is. but it sucks when you round that corner and someone is crouched with a shot gun. its a love hate relationship lol

It's good for people that rely on no awareness, just hink of a Pro's awareness compared to a normal matchmaking kid/top 32  :simms:

Radar

Gone or only when sprinting.  Ideally i would say NO RADAR.

I find it really only serves as a distraction when I have a CQB weapon and unecessarily slow down the game.

But...

As i have been advocating for since launch...

Make a frickin Beta Gametype playlist!!!!!

Put no radar in there, and play with it for a while.  Tell people its a  BETA playlist and that allows you to skip half of the internal testing that you do to get new gametypes and balance changes.  Turnaround for things that the fans want would be faster and the end result would be more accurate.

Since its labeled as a beta playlist, you dont need to schedule changes to it, just announce them on the message board that players see when they log in and on the playlist summary before you start.

Its a win-win.

Anybody else blow through half of their daily rep votes 2 pages ago with all the FFA memes?

It sucks they haven't done that yet...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if any of you have watched this movie in the past (The Wizard) since you guys seem to be so young:

220px-The_wizard_poster.jpg

Anyways wouldn't it be cool if in the Final tournament 343 did something crazy like introduce a new map and new gametype(s) (oddball, koth) and put it in to rotation just to fuck with everyone. That would be amazing.

Just an fyi for those that did not watch this movie, they introduce a new game (super mario 3) in the finals for the players.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not sure if any of you have watched this movie in the past (The Wizard) since you guys seem to be so young:

220px-The_wizard_poster.jpg

Anyways wouldn't it be cool if in the Final tournament 343 did something crazy like introduce a new map and new gametype(s) (oddball, koth) and put it in to rotation just to fuck with everyone. That would be amazing.

Just an fyi for those that did not watch this movie, they introduce a new game (super mario 3) in the finals for the players.

We do a World Championship every year for Big Buck Hunter. Each year at the World Championship we release an unreleased animal and include it in tournament play. Everybody LOVES it. Throws in a completely new element. I'd love to see a new map at Worlds.

Snakebite is a huge reason why I don't mind the CLG success. Dude is seriously awesome. Class act.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Snakebite is a huge reason why I don't mind the CLG success. Dude is seriously awesome. Class act.

QFT...my favorite streamer for the moment.

I find it stupid how NA regionals will be more competitive than the world championship. 

It's not uncommon for other esports or traditional sports though. The LCK (Korean LoL) has a much higher standard of play than the rest of the world, and have produced the last three world champions. Look at the NBA Western vs. Eastern Conference this year -- the Spurs and Warriors (and maybe the Thunder?) would be able to wipe the floor with the Cavs or whoever comes out of the east. 

Two things:

1. I have an major literature review due on an aspect of Interbranch Relations...but since Regionals is this weekend, looks like that assignment won't be getting done. Whoops.

2. Just popped into Snakebite's stream and someone said they would donate $100 to have time to play with him. He told the person that he should never donate that much money just to play with him. It was a great experience, and showed the true character of the man. Also, the stream is quite enjoyable. I am very impressed. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's not uncommon for other esports or traditional sports though. The LCK (Korean LoL) has a much higher standard of play than the rest of the world, and have produced the last three world champions. Look at the NBA Western vs. Eastern Conference this year -- the Spurs and Warriors (and maybe the Thunder?) would be able to wipe the floor with the Cavs or whoever comes out of the east. 

It feels bad denying NA teams that are clearly better than many, maybe even all, of the teams attending from other regions. I get that they're just trying to interest other parts of the world in competing but I don't feel like that should come at the expense of teams that are better. Invite them all to the same tournaments with a more open format or something like that. Maybe even just open the bracket up a bit more. The NA scene isn't that deep but they're cutting it off too early and bringing in some teams that have no business being there in place of a few. Feels bad saying the 12-16 placing teams at worlds are likely not 12-16 in the world and stuff like that. Probably not even close.

It's not uncommon for other esports or traditional sports though. The LCK (Korean LoL) has a much higher standard of play than the rest of the world, and have produced the last three world champions. 

Same with starcraft haha.  You have to go to korea if you really want to make a living at it, but if you're a foreigner you probably wont be good enough.

• Upvote (+1) 1

QFT...my favorite streamer for the moment.

Rebroadcasts are sub only?

Cmon @@SnakeBite dont be like this:)

It feels bad denying NA teams that are clearly better than many, maybe even all, of the teams attending from other regions. I get that they're just trying to interest other parts of the world in competing but I don't feel like that should come at the expense of teams that are better. Invite them all to the same tournaments with a more open format or something like that. Maybe even just open the bracket up a bit more. The NA scene isn't that deep but they're cutting it off too early and bringing in some teams that have no business being there in place of a few. Feels bad saying the 12-16 placing teams at worlds are likely not 12-16 in the world and stuff like that. Probably not even close.

True, but they cant really tilt it anymore than it already is.  50% of the teams from one region and half from the other 4 regions is still a pretty heavy NA tilt.

I agree though, it seems to me that the top 8 teams will be from NA when all is said and done, other than maybe a couple EU teams.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Rebroadcasts are sub only?

Cmon @@SnakeBite dont be like this:)

He plugged the Beyond forums during his stream though, so that's legit.

Question:

Beyond FFA Tournaments - would anyone be interested?  :simms:

I know there is an FFA playlist but I have only seen maybe a handful of actual FFA tournaments for Halo 5 since the game released.

I would love regular FFA tournaments, but with better settings. Truth: Only magnum starts, get rid of the storm rifles and BR's.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bo5 now??? Score!! My pants just turned into a tent....

Now about that single elim though......

He plugged the Beyond forums during his stream though, so that's legit.

But since I didn't see that live...

Does sub only rebroadcasts actually steer volume to sub? I'd imagine it wouldn't really affect new viewers, as those who are eager to go into rebroadcasts are more then likely already your subs and those who arnt, arnt going to sub just to watch a past broadcast. Am I wrong here?

Additionally, I've been working on some community content ideas and I have a pretty good idea for another piece in addition to my Pro Player Spotlights. Hopefully it'll become a weekly piece. Updates on this coming soon, but expect some more #content for the Halo community!

• Upvote (+1) 2