CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Question:

Beyond FFA Tournaments - would anyone be interested?  :simms:

I know there is an FFA playlist but I have only seen maybe a handful of actual FFA tournaments for Halo 5 since the game released.

I would love to see a FFA at the tournaments. it gets people noticed and gets there name out there instead of fighting your way with a team that's semi ok.

Just being curious...

They should make a competitive playlist for a few weeks trying no radar to see how it plays out. Im all for them taking out radar though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just being curious...

I cant really decide of radar. for one its great to know where the enemy is. but it sucks when you round that corner and someone is crouched with a shot gun. its a love hate relationship lol

I cant really decide of radar. for one its great to know where the enemy is. but it sucks when you round that corner and someone is crouched with a shot gun. its a love hate relationship lol

What's really going to bug me about this poll is that a lot of people are just going to vote on their hair trigger reaction. 

Radar, with the added movement speed, slide and boost, actually works. Instead, people who haven't even tried playing H5 without radar are going to be like "MAH OLD MLG SETTINGS!"

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

You don't hate yourself for having to crouch around because it's what you have to do? I know I sure do.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What's really going to bug me about this poll is that a lot of people are just going to vote on their hair trigger reaction. 

Radar, with the added movement speed, slide and boost, actually works. Instead, people who haven't even tried playing H5 without radar are going to be like "MAH OLD MLG SETTINGS!"

Radar has always "worked", and it will always hurt the competitive side.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Radar

Just being curious...

Gone or only when sprinting.  Ideally i would say NO RADAR.

I find it really only serves as a distraction when I have a CQB weapon and unecessarily slow down the game.

But...

As i have been advocating for since launch...

Make a frickin Beta Gametype playlist!!!!!

Put no radar in there, and play with it for a while.  Tell people its a  BETA playlist and that allows you to skip half of the internal testing that you do to get new gametypes and balance changes.  Turnaround for things that the fans want would be faster and the end result would be more accurate.

Since its labeled as a beta playlist, you dont need to schedule changes to it, just announce them on the message board that players see when they log in and on the playlist summary before you start.

Its a win-win.

Anybody else blow through half of their daily rep votes 2 pages ago with all the FFA memes?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Radar has always "worked", and it will always hurt the competitive side.

How does it hurt the competitive side exactly, In halo 5?

How does it hurt the competitive side exactly, In halo 5?

Promotes camping, slows down the game, allows players to live when they should die, etc. Is it the worst thing in the world? No it's not, but it is bad.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Promotes camping, slows down the game, allows players to live when they should die, etc. Is it the worst thing in the world? No it's not, but it is bad.

LOL how much faster do you need this fucking game to play?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i'm more concerned with people ruining their backs cause of poor gaming posture

this generation will be the hump back generation, i promise you that

Mine is starting to become painful and I'm only 25. I'm certain it's from 10 years of console gaming because other than that I do take good care of myself. I absolutely refuse to buy one of those ugly nerdy gaming chairs. They look so lame. 

I know I'll get down voted from this and nerds will complain and say I'm wrong but it's not healthy to be up all night playing video games, it will come back and take a toll. Just going to pre-empt some comments and say I'm not saying they are fat or losers - because patently they aren't (well, there's a couple of exceptions....) 

Been playing video games for 25 years.  No hump in my back

Those ugly nerd gaming chairs are fucking comfy.  Probably would be an upgrade for your situation, but you said ugly nerd chair so you're probably a tool and there is no fixing that.

I generally have jobs where I work crazy night hours.  I'm up all night anyway.  Healthy as a nocturnal horse.  

I'm around the same age, a little older... Not going to downvote you or anything, but I have to suggest maybe you should look at improving your mattress.  I've played and still play a ton of video games basically since I was 5yo, and have worked an office job for years where I sit in a chair all day.

A few years ago, my back was bothering me a bit, and I got a knockoff Tempur-Pedic mattress off overstock or something like that... haven't had a single issue since (and I've been playing a LOT of Halo).  I'm in relatively decent shape and I'm not saying sitting in a chair all day is great for your back, but still... not sure you should be running into chronic back pain issues at 25yo, man. There's probably something else going on.

This guy knows whats up^

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

LOL how much faster do you need this fucking game to play?

LVL6TFJ.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 3

These reports are sick. Is there a way that I can make reports like this for more scrims?

I started auto-processing the reports already at a specific time so i should have almost all of the series. I will soon integrate it on my page but i would like to have them listed as they occur (with a bit delay). Will see how it works out, if it doesnt i will hand out an admin account for you :) If you are looking for a specific one in the meantime i can post it here as well.

• Upvote (+1) 4

http://www.twitch.tv/snakebite

Watch his stream. Guy is doing a great job interacting with his chat

Snakebite is awesomesauce. And has become one of my favorite pro streamers. Very chill dude.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Snakebite is awesomesauce. And has become one of my favorite pro streamers. Very chill dude.

I second this. I love his early streams.

Anyone trying to run some high Onyx arena? Solo queueing is getting annoying af.

GT - Pick6 OP