CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'll take those viewers  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:

The face you make when you take both snipedown and Ninja's Viewers ;)

MkAm2.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could see that and if I were in their position I would be happy to compete but at the same time a lot of people are super competitive. I would be extremely frustrated with myself and my team in that situation even if I was also happy to just compete. I'm sure they're grateful to be there but they have to want to win as well.

I'm not saying they don't want to win, and they probably ARE super competitive which is why they AREN'T just another dominant Arena team. At the same time, it's entirely possible that they just have realistic expectations for their performance.

I used to be very, very good at Halo 2. "semi-professional" if you would. I was extremely competitive about Halo nearly all of the time. A friend and I got invited to a LAN (not one of the actual MLG tourneys) as last minute subs, and most of the opposing teams were pros. A lot of the big guns were there.

As competitive as I was about Halo, in a way, that was the most carefree gaming experience I ever had. I've never had so much fun getting my ass beat, and I'll never say that twice. There is something serene about knowing that you ARE trying your absolute hardest and ARE performing at your peak, while also acknowledging that my "peak" will not fair well in certain competitive spheres.

No, it is never fun to lose, and it's never fun to struggle. All I'm saying is that DT may be looking at their situation with as much realism as possible and trying to enjoy it for what it is- they are four guys about to play in the HWC Regionals.... something very few Halo fans will ever get to do.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Mine is starting to become painful and I'm only 25. I'm certain it's from 10 years of console gaming because other than that I do take good care of myself. I absolutely refuse to buy one of those ugly nerdy gaming chairs. They look so lame. 

I know I'll get down voted from this and nerds will complain and say I'm wrong but it's not healthy to be up all night playing video games, it will come back and take a toll. Just going to pre-empt some comments and say I'm not saying they are fat or losers - because patently they aren't (well, there's a couple of exceptions....) 

I'm around the same age, a little older... Not going to downvote you or anything, but I have to suggest maybe you should look at improving your mattress.  I've played and still play a ton of video games basically since I was 5yo, and have worked an office job for years where I sit in a chair all day.

A few years ago, my back was bothering me a bit, and I got a knockoff Tempur-Pedic mattress off overstock or something like that... haven't had a single issue since (and I've been playing a LOT of Halo).  I'm in relatively decent shape and I'm not saying sitting in a chair all day is great for your back, but still... not sure you should be running into chronic back pain issues at 25yo, man. There's probably something else going on.

• Upvote (+1) 3

#16 Seed - Optic Breakdown for Regionals

Flamesword

AgTs3hQ.jpg

Maniac

uhRLsed.jpg

Lifestyle

s9bUVrk.jpg

Chaser

BLbJkTc.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

The wife is going to be so pissed. She will yell about how I can sit in one spot for 8 hours straight while food wrappers build up around me. It will be glorious. 

Wife schmife I say!

Question:

Beyond FFA Tournaments - would anyone be interested? :simms:

I know there is an FFA playlist but I have only seen maybe a handful of actual FFA tournaments for Halo 5 since the game released.

I'd enter and I know a few others who would as well

Question:

Beyond FFA Tournaments - would anyone be interested?  :simms:

I know there is an FFA playlist but I have only seen maybe a handful of actual FFA tournaments for Halo 5 since the game released.

OyxNkzf.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

Question:

LwOYe2I.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

Saucey, based on the limited sample size of 4, the tournament should be started!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Question:

Beyond FFA Tournaments - would anyone be interested? :simms:

Pistol only start pls :D

• Upvote (+1) 2

Question:

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

when everyone is doing memes as affirmative replies to a Team Beyond FFA tournament opportunity

giphy.gif

My question to you: when are memes not an appropriate response? My folder is deep and old. Sometimes I have to go into the archives of yore, but the response will always be there!

• Upvote (+1) 1

My question to you: when are memes not an appropriate response? My folder is deep and old. Sometimes I have to go into the archives of yore, but the response will always be there!

Never let your memes just be meme dreams. Unleash your memes on the scene like a keen meme fiend.

+1 for FFA Tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My question to you: when are memes not an appropriate response? 

Long after we, the humans, the parasitic inhabitants of this planet, have made the earth beneath our feet crumbled and rotten, eons beyond the day the oceans are flash fried by the celestial ball of hot plasma we call our Sun, innumerable millennia past the demise of our once great species, an advanced race of aliens will stumble upon this ruined Earth only to find mountains upon mountains of MEMES, the final remaining legacy of our otherwise meaningless existence.

So to your question, I answer: NEVER.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Never let your memes just be meme dreams. Unleash your memes on the scene like a keen meme fiend.

+1 for FFA Tournaments.

I've come to Team Beyond to ejaculate the contents of my folder for the people that truly care.

Long after we, the humans, the parasitic inhabitants of this planet, have made the earth beneath our feet crumbled and rotten, eons beyond the day the oceans are flash fried by the celestial ball of hot plasma we call our Sun, innumerable millennia past the demise of our once great species, an advanced race of aliens will stumble upon this ruined Earth only to find mountains upon mountains of MEMES, the final remaining legacy of our otherwise meaningless existence.

So to your question, I answer: NEVER.

yM808YC.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1