CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

EG definitely has to regain their composure and balance again - but I have no doubts Regionals will be fire.

In terms of sleep schedule: It's very important to maintain a regular sleep schedule that fits with everyday life for the individual. Most Pro players don't need to be staying up late to play. Go to sleep by 12 and wake up at 9-10. Sleep is fundamental to competing at the top level and Redbull can't always help compensate for it.

Game Type report for some teams for the past week, lets you see what gametypes teams are struggle or excelling with.

Per map for the same teams, sorry about the win percentage formatting.

This is cool.  

Would be advantageous of RNG to spend a day or two playing nothing but CTF to work on teamwork, communication, and strategy for the gametype.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why overconfidence is bad (the smart players are humble and good):

2jXGGu0.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'd love to see how many players are vitamin d deficient. Its super typical of people who stay inside or work at night since its extremely difficult to not be without spending decent time in the sun or taking supplements. I only know this because I work nights and usually sleep during the days

I up-voted your neg, not sure why you were negged. You're actually right. Typically people who don't go outside very long tend to lack Vitamin D. Especially because your windshield, car windows, etc block those nutrients from the sun. In reality, almost every American is lacking in Vitamin D. You truly have to be outside for 15-30 minutes at peak sunlight time, topless, to absorb your required Vitamin D from the sun. I take Vitamin D supplements ;)

• Upvote (+1) 3

How does Dream Team have the will to turn their boxes on and get destroyed night after night

they're probably happy to be playing Halo competitively for money. Honestly going to these events and testing your abilities against the best players in the world would be much more engaging and intense than just stomping kids in Arena all day.

A lot of that negative energy is diverted if you just consider the fact that DT probably knows with absolute certainty that they aren't going to be near the top of the heap no matter how hard they try.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd love to see how many players are vitamin d deficient. Its super typical of people who stay inside or work at night since its extremely difficult to not be without spending decent time in the sun or taking supplements. I only know this because I work nights and usually sleep during the days

i'm more concerned with people ruining their backs cause of poor gaming posture

this generation will be the hump back generation, i promise you that

• Upvote (+1) 1

they're probably happy to be playing Halo competitively for money. Honestly going to these events and testing your abilities against the best players in the world would be much more engaging and intense than just stomping kids in Arena all day.

A lot of that negative energy is diverted if you just consider the fact that DT probably knows with absolute certainty that they aren't going to be near the top of the heap no matter how hard they try.

Old DT was actually a lot better, before posey and juicyfruit got fucked over.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

nah

The Goat could drop in and literally say anything and I'd probably upvote it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I up-voted your neg, not sure why you were negged. You're actually right. Typically people who don't go outside very long tend to lack Vitamin D. Especially because your windshield, car windows, etc block those nutrients from the sun. In reality, almost every American is lacking in Vitamin D. You truly have to be outside for 15-30 minutes at peak sunlight time, topless, to absorb your required Vitamin D from the sun. I take Vitamin D supplements ;)

Yeah I'm not really sure why either. Perhaps people took it as some sort of insult when its really more of a general fact or even a warning for people that might not be aware.

I could see that and if I were in their position I would be happy to compete but at the same time a lot of people are super competitive. I would be extremely frustrated with myself and my team in that situation even if I was also happy to just compete. I'm sure they're grateful to be there but they have to want to win as well.

Most Pro players don't need to be staying up late to play. Go to sleep by 12 and wake up at 9-10.

You guys do realize that not all the Pro players live in the same Timezone, right?

There is a 3 hour difference from EST to PST. So if someone is online scrimming at 3am EST (my time), it is 12AM PST. And since scrimming requires other teams, it is dependent on more then just what YOU want.

Now, factor in that people actually have Work/Lives outside gaming. People like Lethul and Lunchbox work during the day. If you aren't still living at home, you probably have things that need to be done (laundry, food, taxes, bills, etc). If you are married and/or have kids, good luck. Point is that all those things will further restrict when certain people can be online to scrim, and those things aren't going to change like scrim times can.

These guys have group conversations. There are reasons that they all get on and scrim at the times they do.

Get ready to take back New York! You're invited to play the highly anticipated Open Beta for Tom Clancy's The Division running February 18 to February 21. Xbox Live members will get exclusive early access on February 18… one day sooner than any other platform. 

Ugh, why do you do this to me XBL?

Is there a schedule already out for this weekend's event? 

I don't know of the schedule and I am competing! :D

However, when I successfully secured a spectator pass for my wife, there was an email that hid a slight schedule in it!

Friday—Doors open at 4:30pm, last match is scheduled to start at 10:30pm
Saturday—Doors open at 9:30am, last match is scheduled to start at 7:00pm
Sunday—Doors open at 9:30am, last match is scheduled to start at 5:30pm
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Is there a schedule already out for this weekend's event?

Yes. I've posted it twice now. FeelsBadMan

Here it is again.

Friday—Doors open at 4:30pm, last match is scheduled to start at 10:30pm

Saturday—Doors open at 9:30am, last match is scheduled to start at 7:00pm

Sunday—Doors open at 9:30am, last match is scheduled to start at 5:30pm

Doors open half an hour before the first games.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yes, it's called watch Halo all fucking weekend :weback:

The wife is going to be so pissed. She will yell about how I can sit in one spot for 8 hours straight while food wrappers build up around me. It will be glorious. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

i'm more concerned with people ruining their backs cause of poor gaming posture

this generation will be the hump back generation, i promise you that

Mine is starting to become painful and I'm only 25. I'm certain it's from 10 years of console gaming because other than that I do take good care of myself. I absolutely refuse to buy one of those ugly nerdy gaming chairs. They look so lame. 

I know I'll get down voted from this and nerds will complain and say I'm wrong but it's not healthy to be up all night playing video games, it will come back and take a toll. Just going to pre-empt some comments and say I'm not saying they are fat or losers - because patently they aren't (well, there's a couple of exceptions....) 

• Downvote (-1) 5

what do I have to do

Its simple as can be. Its a text based interview, so I'll send you the file or share you on Google Doc's. Take some time to answer, then answer my follow up Q's. If you're down, I'll reach out to you on Twitter.

Scores and stats from tonight's scrims (Optic may still be scrimming, I'm not sure, will update tomorrow if they are):

SoaR 7 - 2 Overdrive

Game 1 - CTF Truth, OD Wins 3-0

Game 2 - TS Plaza, SoaR Wins 50-49

Game 3 - SH Eden, SoaR Wins 100-25

Game 4 - CTF Fathom, SoaR Wins 3-1

Game 5 - TS Coliseum, OD Wins 50-36

Game 6 - TS Regret, SoaR Wins 50-43

Game 7 - SH The Rig, SoaR Wins 100-55

Game 8 - TS Eden, SoaR Wins 50-49

Game 9 - CTF Coliseum, SoaR Wins 3-0

I love how that one CTF Fathom it looks like I just got utterly destroyed on Halo Tracker and Halo Data Hive. :(

8 kills & 20 deaths. I really wish by default it showed my 16 assists. I mean, still bad, but damn that's depressing to see.

I love seeing multiple people saying all they plan on doing this weekend is just watch Halo because that's the exact same thing I'm planning on doing. :flames:

• Upvote (+1) 7

I love seeing multiple people saying all they plan on doing this weekend is just watch Halo because that's the exact same thing I'm planning on doing. :flames:

On a Halo fan forum? Getouttahere...

• Upvote (+1) 3