CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Big fan of this forum - quick question:

This has probably been discussed before, but will there be VoDs available this weekend? Would the stream have to be over before I could start it from the beginning?

For twitch, yes

not sure about mlg.tv

I don't believe that's true. 90% sure you can start watching a twitch broadcast like 30 minutes after it starts from the beginning. Just go to the past broadcasts for that channel (twitch.tv/halo) and you should be able to start it a little late.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Scores and stats from last night's scrims (again, sorry for the delay, V-day weekend set me back a bit).

Allegiance 8 - 5 nV

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Fathom, nV Wins 2-0

Game 2 - Team Slayer Coliseum, AE Wins 50-45

Game 3 - Strongholds Plaza, AE Wins 100-45

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Truth, nV Wins 3-2

Game 5 - Team Slayer The Rig, AE Wins 50-38

Game 6 - Strongholds Eden, AE Wins 100-87

Game 7 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, AE Wins 3-1

Game 8 - Team Slayer Truth, nV Wins 50-47

Game 9 - Strongholds The Rig, AE Wins 100-43

Game 10 - Team Slayer Regret, nV Wins 50-48

Game 11 - Strongholds Empire, AE Wins 100-45

Game 12 - Team Slayer Eden, AE Wins 50-38

Game 13 - Team Slayer Plaza, nV Wins 50-48

CLG 13 - 0 Winterfox

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Truth, CLG Wins 3-2

Game 2 - Team Slayer Regret, CLG Wins 50-44

Game 3 - Strongholds The Rig, CLG Wins 100-53

Game 4 - Team Slayer Coliseum, CLG Wins 50-40

Game 5 - Capture the Flag Fathom, CLG Wins 3-0

Game 6 - Team Slayer Eden, CLG Wins 50-45

Game 7 - Strongholds Plaza, CLG Wins 100-28

Game 8 - Team Slayer Truth, CLG Wins 50-21

Game 9 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, CLG Wins 3-0

Game 10 - Team Slayer The Rig, CLG Wins 50-30

Game 11 - Strongholds Empire, CLG Wins 100-13

Game 12 - Team Slayer Plaza, CLG Wins 50-32

Game 13 - Strongholds Eden, CLG Wins 100-48

EG 9 - 3 Renegades

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Truth, RNG Up 2-1 when game ends

Game 2 - Team Slayer Coliseum, EG Wins 50-33

Game 3 - Strongholds Plaza, RNG Wins 100-94

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Fathom, RNG Wins 3-2

Game 5 - Team Slayer Eden, RNG Wins 50-40

Game 6 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, RNG Wins 3-1

Game 7 - Team Slayer Regret, RNG Wins 50-33

Game 8 - Strongholds The Rig, RNG Wins 100-19

Game 9 - Team Slayer Plaza, RNG Wins 50-44

Game 10 - Strongholds Eden, EG Wins 100-65

Game 11 - Team Slayer Truth, EG Wins 50-41

Game 12 - Team Slayer The Rig, RNG Wins 50-39

Game 13 - Strongholds Empire, RNG Wins 100-55

EG 3 - 5 Liquid

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, LQD Wins 2-0

Game 2 - Team Slayer Eden, EG Wins 50-36

Game 3 - Strongholds The Rig, LQD Wins 100-44

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Truth, EG Wins 3-1

Game 5 - Team Slayer Regret, EG Wins 50-45

Game 6 - Strongholds Plaza, LQD Wins 100-28

Game 7 - Strongholds Empire, LQD Wins 100-52

Game 8 - Capture the Flag Fathom, LQD Wins 3-1

Liquid 7 - 6 Winterfox

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Truth, LQD Wins 3-1

Game 2 - Strongholds The Rig, LQD Wins 100-57

Game 3 - Team Slayer Plaza, LQD Wins 50-49

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, WFX Wins 3-1

Game 5 - Strongholds Eden, WFX Wins 100-68

Game 6 - Team Slayer Regret, WFX Wins 50-44

Game 7 - Capture the Flag Fathom, LQD Wins 3-1

Game 8 - Strongholds Empire, LQD Wins 100-73

Game 9 - Team Slayer Truth, WFX Wins 50-39

Game 10 - Strongholds Plaza, LQD Wins 100-56

Game 11 - Team Slayer Coliseum, WFX Wins 50-49

Game 12 - Team Slayer Eden, LQD Wins 50-43

Game 13 - Team Slayer The Rig, WFX Wins 50-47

Dream Team 1 - 4 Winterfox

Game 1 - Strongholds The Rig, WFX Wins 100-82

Game 2 - Team Slayer Eden, DT Wins 50-38

Game 3 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, WFX Wins 3-1

Game 4 - Team Slayer Plaza, WFX Wins 50-28

Game 5 - Strongholds Empire, WFX Wins 100-13

SoaR 2 - 11 Optic

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Truth, Optic Wins 2-1

Game 2 - Team Slayer The Rig, SoaR Wins 50-49

Game 3 - Strongholds Plaza, SoaR Wins 100-78

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, Optic Wins 3-0

Game 5 - Team Slayer Regret, Optic Wins 50-25

Game 6 - Strongholds Eden, Optic Wins 100-10

Game 7 - Capture the Flag Fathom, Optic Wins 3-0

Game 8 - Team Slayer Truth, Optic Wins 50-29

Game 9 - Strongholds The Rig, Optic Wins 100-0

Game 10 - Team Slayer Coliseum, Optic Wins 50-49

Game 11 - Team Slayer Plaza, Optic Wins 50-47

Game 12 - Strongholds Empire, Optic Wins 100-70

Game 13 - Team Slayer Eden, Optic Wins 50-47

You got the RNG series backwards, but other that thanks for keeping track of everything for us! We all appreciate it.

I don't believe that's true. 90% sure you can start watching a twitch broadcast like 30 minutes after it starts from the beginning. Just go to the past broadcasts for that channel (twitch.tv/halo) and you should be able to start it a little late.

if so that is awesome

Interesting to see how Liquid performed quite well against EG, but were only one game ahead of WFX, and the scores appeared closer in that series. Season 3 is crazy man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Listen up bub, you gotta earn it! You think I started my journey with 7 green bars? No. I grinded this far. 

Hours of HIGH ALTITUDE training with the monks of Shanghai. Diligently researching the Ways of Dank. You merely adopted the meme. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't have a popular post until I was already a man. By then is nothing to me but blinding. 

CmrqsUJ.gif

Respect.

• Upvote (+1) 2

EG needs to completely cut off all streaming and use an elixir on the party. Heal up and get to grinding for regionals.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Off topic but do people really have to quote something that's like 100 lines long?

Just quote their post and then delete all the text like this. I've seen it done so many times and it must be hell for mobile users.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Off topic but do people really have to quote something that's like 100 lines long?

Just quote their post and then delete all the text like this. I've seen it done so many times and it must be hell for mobile users.

You're telling me I shouldn't quote a whole novel to respond to one sentence?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Harder for the person you're replying to to know what you're responding to if you just delete the whole thing. If you wanna just quote the one line you're talking about, that makes sense but seeing a bunch of emptyquote replies sounds like a pain in the ass.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I had to make bets on that pool I would put it EG > nV > Denial > WFX, but I wouldn't be surprised for Denial to beat WFX and beat nV in a series. Once again before negs come in I WOULD BET ON NV BUT DENIAL IS GOOD AND IT WOULDNT BE SUPER CRAZY FOR DENIAL TO GET A WIN AGAINST THEM WITH HOW THINGS LOOK AT THE MOMENT. 

I've said on stream and I'll say it here...

I am predicting Denial to make it out of that pool as the second team.

I think nV are a great team, but they haven't shown the ability to match aggressive, in-your-face teams just yet.  They do better against teams that play close to standard or patient/methodical play (standard EG, Allegiance, Liquid) but aggro teams like Noble and Renegades have been giving them a tougher time.  I think Denial are closer to being like Noble than they are a "good all around team."

I don't think anyone can confidently say they know which two teams will come out of that pool, though.  It's called the pool of death for a reason.

eLevate vs Noble is lowkey the best, most important series of the entire event though the way the two teams have been playing lately.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Weird seeing these EG scrim results. Hopefully these won't reflect to tournament play.

I wasn't talking about OverDrive. I was addressing people saying other teams would do this to drop someone and pick up someone else. They wouldn't be able to do this because both the team and the dropped player would have to be ok with it. But no player in his right mind would just willingly tell MLG he can't make the tournament and get nothing in return from his teammates.

so you're saying marbilize(sp?) prob demanded something from his teammates?

Everyone who's freaking out about scrims, you realize that scrim is short for scrimmage?

Like practice...

No one freaks out about their favorite college football team spring scrimmage...

• Upvote (+1) 4

Everyone who's freaking out about scrims, you realize that scrim is short for scrimmage?

Like practice...

No one freaks out about their favorite college football team spring scrimmage...

Cause it's a spring scrimmage bro. These scrims are like playoff implication measuring sticks. Few days from regionals. These are far from a spring scrimmage. :o Probably a more accurate spring scrimmage analogy would be 2 teams playing each other when the game just came out

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just going to put this out here and I hope it's not true at all but recently there has been A LOT of talk in streams (Snip3down, Ninja, Roy and Towey that I have made a note of so far) of Roy and Lunchbox retiring. If they place badly at Regionals and fail to get Top 2 or 4 at Worlds, I don't see them continuing. Borg just looks so frustrated and before the X-Games win, he seemed really down in his streams, as did Snip3down. I think Snip3down has recovered from the Lethul drama and looks very cool and calm earlier in the day, even when they lost in the TB tournament claiming he is isn't worried and any loss right now he is going to analyze, Lunchbox is a robot and literally has 0 emotion, just turns up and produces and Commonly is starting to find his voice in the debates. A little worried about the Borg though, before and after the calm of X-Games, he just hasn't been his regular self. Sorry for the long post, just hope they see it and address it. I just want the best for the team I support.

Also, while I'm on the topic, Commonly, you've really impressed me and you're really talented but please stop dying, you make the team play with 3 or 2 a lot and it negatively impacts the team. Address the moral and the death issue and you fix 20% of problems. 

#bleedblue

• Upvote (+1) 7

eLevate vs Noble is lowkey the best, most important series of the entire event though the way the two teams have been playing lately.

Certainly not lowkey for anyone paying attention. I can't honestly give a prediction that I feel even half confident in of who I expect to take that 2nd spot in Group B. Both teams are very capable. I expect the head to head between Noble and eLevate to determine who advances. Sure hope we get to watch the match on stream, as I expect it to be pretty intense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Scrims are played online.

LAN is soo much different, does LANda ring a bell?

• Upvote (+1) 2