CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There's rules even I tread carefully my friend, and the 2gre ola fandom is one of them.

You know CLG would have won gold with ogre2. MobileLethulFace

• Upvote (+1) 2

In LAN the young guns struggle, while Pistola/Ogre thrive.

Kind of like how Hamy and Stellur struggled at Xgames? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The top finishing team from each Group will be randomly drawn into the Bracket and placed from top to bottom

tumblr_m606ddgmLd1qeyb9ho2_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Kind of like how Hamy and Stellur struggled at Xgames? 

edit: nvm im stupid

CLG top 1

mikwen had youtube content today

but i'm just sittin here trying to figure out how his BR reloaded at 1:39

Suspect it was a bug in the film or capture? He reloads multiple times through the video, so I doubt its an unknown glitch. BUT HEY, I just pretend to know what I'm talking about.

idc if EG doesn't win a scrim before regionals at all. Event Lunchbox is the definition of laser focused without the Calm. EG will dominate that pool as expected. I just don't know which Denial will show up, Friday/Saturday WFX Contra or Sunday Contra? Angry Devon? Or GOAT Devon? And Huke is just flying under the radar too. Also, never count out a wild Randa/Noob. But to save neg reps nV will make it out.

I almost forgot that was a thing. I miss teams referring to themselves as "sunday teams". Has anyone been a bigger "sunday" pro than Shockwave?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have no doubt about EG dominating that pool. Hasn't even crossed my mind about them losing a match in pool play, I'll never doubt them at a tourney but I think it's pretty clear (at least from my pov, and I think that's a pretty good perspective on EG) that their problems and tilting has been WAY worse than it's ever been before. Consistently losing scrims, almost predictable bickering at this point and almost none of it has been constructive. We had some issues when I was on the team and they had the same small ones before and right after xgames but I think it's foolish to say this time it doesn't feel a little different. 

Hey, would you be interested in answering some questions for Pro Player Spotlight #3 after you get back from Regionals? I bet a lot of people would love to hear your story. Just a thought, tons of pressure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have no doubt about EG dominating that pool. Hasn't even crossed my mind about them losing a match in pool play, I'll never doubt them at a tourney but I think it's pretty clear (at least from my pov, and I think that's a pretty good perspective on EG) that their problems and tilting has been WAY worse than it's ever been before. Consistently losing scrims, almost predictable bickering at this point and almost none of it has been constructive. We had some issues when I was on the team and they had the same small ones before and right after xgames but I think it's foolish to say this time it doesn't feel a little different. 

tumblr_lr18wt3hqY1qi0kfro1_500.gif

I almost forgot that was a thing. I miss teams referring to themselves as "sunday teams". Has anyone been a bigger "sunday" pro than Shockwave?

Now with single Elim there won't be a chance to see them!  :bman:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hey, would you be interested in answering some questions for Pro Player Spotlight #3 after you get back from Regionals? I bet a lot of people would love to hear your story. Just a thought, no pressure!

Don't do the old "no pressure" crap. There's pressure. Get it done. Let's get it done.     :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will never bet against Ogre 2 on LAN in #Ogrecity and a few nights back they were looking good in scrims against EG tying the map count if I remember correctly. They have been grinding a ton, but they still have a ways to go before they are ready to consistently compete with EG/CLG. Still think they will surprise some people and will be top 2 in their pool, but EG is still the team to beat until someone else says otherwise on LAN which hasn't happened the last 6+LAN tournaments. CLG is certainly playing the "best" right now, but they still have to prove it on LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The "higher" up a team is @@LethuL, the harder and faster they fall when they tilt.

It's simple physics. I imagine at some point CLG has or will titl as well. It happens to the best of em.

I see it as a learning experience for 'em. They needed to lose to improve.

Psychological aspects of playing competitive Halo are one of the hardest barriers to cross.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Kampy probably could have made it to regionals if he found the right team and got on the grind for points, but he wouldn't have even sniffed top-10 player territory. He seems pretty content with doing FFA tourneys and making montages though, and he's probably having more success doing that than he would trying to compete in 4v4.

He placed top-16 at least once in H3 IIRC.

He didn't place top 16 in H3 4v4, unless you're talking FFA. He was consistently one of the best FFA guys around and defintely got top 8 at a couple of events I believe. Only time he hit top 32 in 4v4, to my knowledge, was was Cbus 2012 where he got top 16 with Naded, Tito, and Hoax.

Tilting is the same as choking? Hard to keep up with the lingo.

Tilting is when a player/team gets thrown off their game because of something in their head that doesn't allow them to play correctly (typically some sort of frustration). A player/team can choke without tilting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

#15 Seed - Overdrive Breakdown for Regionals

Kephri

tKdLV06.jpg

Vetoed - Not enough games to qualify for leaderboard

Levy - Not enough games to qualify for leaderboard

Monster - Not enough games to qualify for leaderboard

• Upvote (+1) 3

Every Europeans sleeping pattern is going to shit this weekend. I honestly do not care because it's going to be so worth it, late Friday night VOD listening to Puckett's majestic voice only this time I don't have to steal my dads credit card to watch it! Bring on Regionals!!!

I vividly remember asking my grandma to let me buy the video on demand for Halo 2. Good times.

• Upvote (+1) 1