CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is super random and off-topic: Today while I waited for my siblings to get out of school, I was on Tinder. I came across this girl's profile and everything, picture wise was a perfect kill. I read her bio, and she went on talking about her favorite games, and guess which game I saw in there? H4.......I immediately stopped reading and swiped left.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

he was on Storm ventures with naded in halo reach and placed pro, he seems to be focusing on FFA and creating content for now.  wouldnt be surprised to see him come back to 4v4 eventually tho.  He was also consistently in the finals of every MLG FFA tournament and tied for 1st with str8 sick or prototype once

Your're thinking of this tournament. 

It's actually pretty amazing if you skip to around 17:00. Kampy tied but ended up losing because of K/D

Well this tournament actually has seeds that matter so eg CLG both can't be in finals but they can match eachother in the semis

And this is how it should be, the regular season needs to count for something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm talking about regionals Assuming they both get 1st in their pools which they should.

Ok. I was talking about Worlds.

My point was that anyone who is writing off EG because of some scrim results must not be watching what EG has done.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is super random and off-topic: Today while I waited for my siblings to get out of school, I was on Tinder. I came across this girl's profile and everything, picture wise was a perfect kill. I read her bio, and she went on talking about her favorite games, and guess which game I saw in there? H4.......I immediately stopped reading and swiped left.

2tlad0.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

Your're thinking of this tournament. 

It's actually pretty amazing if you skip to around 17:00. Kampy tied but ended up losing because of K/D

the crazy thing about this was that Kampy forgot his headphones and played with cheap inearheadbuds

the crazy thing about this was that Kampy forgot his headphones and played with cheap inearheadbuds

Nah I'm pretty sure Kampy just preferred using earbuds. I may be wrong though. I know he uses headsets now but if you look at his old videos he had earbuds in.

Please go back to the H5 thread if you believe you're a superior lifeform for preferring one videogame over another.

----------

Winterfox has practiced soooo much Halo 5, even though I'm rooting for nV over them, it makes me sad they they probably won't make Worlds. They've really been on point with their scrimming, they're just...not good enough

Teams still sleepin on Denial zzzzzzzzz. I thought most of you pay attention to scrim series lol. If it were nV playing as well as Denial has been people would be riding it hard.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Damn thats pretty dirty. Cant they get sued doing that?

Considering it's nowhere near close enough to actually be considered infringing, no.

Teams still sleepin on Denial zzzzzzzzz. I thought most of you pay attention to scrim series lol. If it were nV playing as well as Denial has been people would be riding it hard.

If Denial were in any other pool they'd probably be considered a good bet to qualify.

They should have gotten a bigger venue for regional's. 200 tickets is a slap in the face to the fans. Crowed funded but the crowed cant go. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Kampy tied but ended up losing because of K/D

Pretty easy to die less when you have a teammate feeding you kills... I'm still salty about that to this day.

They should have gotten a bigger venue for regional's. 200 tickets is a slap in the face to the fans. Crowed funded but the crowed cant go. 

Regionals isn't crowd funded but I see your point, small arenas are the new way of the world though. Just as single elim brackets are even though they don't make as much sense in esports where individual games take shorter amounts of time. #ADAPTORDIE 

#14 Seed - Winterfox Breakdown for Regionals

Shooter (Top 10 shocker for ya'll)

J7eX5vR.jpg

Ryanoob

nUkyKNT.jpg

Randa

mztd6k5.jpg

Domey

JKXq0KX.jpg

I was actually hoping RNG would grab shooter after Commonly left. Stellur was a great choice, but I thought shooter would mesh better right away.

If I had to make bets on that pool I would put it EG > nV > Denial > WFX, but I wouldn't be surprised for Denial to beat WFX and beat nV in a series. Once again before negs come in I WOULD BET ON NV BUT DENIAL IS GOOD AND IT WOULDNT BE SUPER CRAZY FOR DENIAL TO GET A WIN AGAINST THEM WITH HOW LOOK AT THE MOMENT.

I'd take Denial over NV if they played right now. :lxthul:

@@Cratos or anyone else that wants to comment.

You sure about EG vs CLG finals not being possible for Regionals?

I just took a look and was working this out on paper and I think they could.

My understanding of Regionals is;

Part 1 (Group Stage)

Group Play (4 groups)

Top 2 in each Group advance to Bracket Stage (8 teams)

Part 2 (Bracket Stage)

8 teams that advance are drawn into the Bracket but with stipulations

• The top finishing team from each Group will be randomly drawn into the Bracket and placed from top to bottom
  • Each top finishing team will face a second place finishing team from a different Group from their own
  • No two (2) teams from the same Group may occupy the same half of the Bracket

I've bolded the part that makes me think that they could. If the top 4 teams that finished 1st in their Groups are RANDOMLY drawn into the bracket, they could be on the same side of the bracket or different sides of the bracket depending. All 4 teams have equal opportunity at this point to be randomly seeded as 1, 2, 3, or 4 and depending on which you get will dictate who is on your side of the bracket. That would determine who could potentially meet in Semi or Finals. No?

Handbook HERE. Bottom page 6, top page 7. Discusses the Bracket Stage.

Bracket Stage

● The top 2 teams from each Group will advance to the Bracket stage of the Halo World Championship Finals
○ The top finishing team from each Group will be randomly drawn into the Bracket and placed from top to bottom
○ Each top finishing team will face a second place finishing team from a different Group from their own
○ No two (2) teams from the same Group may occupy the same half of the Bracket
● The Bracket will be an eight (8) team single-elimination bracket
● Each match until the Semi-Finals will be best-of-5
● The Semi-Finals and Grand Finals will be best-of-7
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I had to make bets on that pool I would put it EG > nV > Denial > WFX, but I wouldn't be surprised for Denial to beat WFX and beat nV in a series. Once again before negs come in I WOULD BET ON NV BUT DENIAL IS GOOD AND IT WOULDNT BE SUPER CRAZY FOR DENIAL TO GET A WIN AGAINST THEM WITH HOW THINGS LOOK AT THE MOMENT.

Do you really think anybody on this board would neg you? You're like a god to most people around these parts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I had to make bets on that pool I would put it EG > nV > Denial > WFX, but I wouldn't be surprised for Denial to beat WFX and beat nV in a series. Once again before negs come in I WOULD BET ON NV BUT DENIAL IS GOOD AND IT WOULDNT BE SUPER CRAZY FOR DENIAL TO GET A WIN AGAINST THEM WITH HOW THINGS LOOK AT THE MOMENT. 

@@LethuL aka the Pete Rose of Halo.

InB4BannedFromBetting :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Do you really think anybody on this board would neg you? You're like a god to most people around these parts.

I want to neg him now just because you said that. MobileKappa

Agree and disagree. Not only does renting out a larger venue include added costs, but now you've also got to factor in the costs of FILLING that space. The endurance of the MLG Arena largely comes because its not majorly huge. They can utilize the bare bones of a venue that they own and not have to modify it on a weekly basis in order to appeal to a different audience each time. Take a look at other major titles and how they're doing it.

Now factor in costs and revenue.

If I can sell 1000 spectator passes at $30 a piece, I've made $30,000, but spent an additional $40,000 to prepare a larger arena(Staffing, Insurance, Seating, Production, Food, Maintenance, Cost of venue rental, Electricity, all these things increase the second you scale up)

OR

Now lets say you're expecting 50,000+ spectators online. I know based on my run of show I have 67 slots for advertisement this weekend. I could sell each slot for $1,000. Assuming you sell all slots, theirs $67,000 of revenue that is now yours to commit how you would like. THEN you have to consider your new subscribers and Twitch Ad Revenue.

Don't get me wrong. I miss the glory days of major events with 256 LAN teams, but its not sustainable. I dont think it never was, but it needed to happen in order to achieve the exposure that MLG needed to move forward to get to where its at today. Nobody would know who MLG was if they started by running 16 team tournaments with 200 spectators in Columbus Ohio. Nobody.

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Cratos or anyone else that wants to comment.

You sure about EG vs CLG finals not being possible for Regionals?

I just took a look and was working this out on paper and I think they could.

My understanding of Regionals is;

Part 1 (Group Stage)

Group Play (4 groups)

Top 2 in each Group advance to Bracket Stage (8 teams)

Part 2 (Bracket Stage)

8 teams that advance are drawn into the Bracket but with stipulations

• The top finishing team from each Group will be randomly drawn into the Bracket and placed from top to bottom
  • Each top finishing team will face a second place finishing team from a different Group from their own
  • No two (2) teams from the same Group may occupy the same half of the Bracket

I've bolded the part that makes me think that they could. If the top 4 teams that finished 1st in their Groups are RANDOMLY drawn into the bracket, they could be on the same side of the bracket or different sides of the bracket depending. All 4 teams have equal opportunity at this point to be randomly seeded as 1, 2, 3, or 4 and depending on which you get will dictate who is on your side of the bracket. That would determine who could potentially meet in Semi or Finals. No?

Handbook HERE. Bottom page 6, top page 7. Discusses the Bracket Stage.

RNG vs TL final confirmed?

• Upvote (+1) 1