CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@bunniesz23 Your saying x264 is worse? and considering I have a Skylake i7 6700... NVENC is without problems.. So far at least.

Didn't people used to say Kampy was just a noobstomper, playing Multiteam and Social?.

He's very good at FFA and was/is Champ 1.

I thought the 6600 was i5 and the 6700 was i7

I'm ******** lol I meant 6700  :wutface:

or he really couldn't afford to go? Flights and hotels arnt cheap and I think most of them thought it was gonna be covered and overdrive doesn't have an org behind them

I wasn't talking about OverDrive. I was addressing people saying other teams would do this to drop someone and pick up someone else. They wouldn't be able to do this because both the team and the dropped player would have to be ok with it. But no player in his right mind would just willingly tell MLG he can't make the tournament and get nothing in return from his teammates.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Roy said in a podcast that he played with and without radar and he thinks that radar is better for Halo 5 since there are so many movement options now. He said something along the lines of, "It'd be too hard to predict where a player would go without the radar consistently, which would result in the game becoming more chaotic and random." 

But at least it's a small radar I guess. Sucks that flanking isn't a thing anymore tho. :(

the thing I don't like with the H5 radar is that it acts like its a real radar system, where it sends out pulses to spot people. I wish it was like the H3 radar that just always had you on the radar unless you crouch. Messes with my mind. May be that I'm just not used to it though.

Shameless plug for my guy Kephrii.

If anybody has a pass that they dont want to hold on too, or cant attend, or whatever the reasoning may be reach out to this man!

343 should igve every player a +1 or something

Its actually getting to the point where my girlfriend is starting to get annoyed by all the Halo ive been watching every week/weekend....

...so I just bought her a ticket to regionals and now I'm taking her with me >:D

You just bought her a ticket? They've been sold out for a week or so now. How did you come across another one?

He placed top-16 at least once in H3 IIRC.

I'm pretty sure he teamed with Naded for an event or so in Reach

You just bought her a ticket? They've been sold out for a week or so now. How did you come across another one?

I was chiming into the whole "watching too much halo lately" discussion. By "just" I meant back when I was thinking I was watching to much halo that my girl started to get on me for it. So I solved it by dragging her along with me lol :p

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just read a few comments in the last few pages regarding EG. It is like I'm having deja vu.

Before XGames, with lethul leaving, the commonly pickup, and all that. Everyone was looking at EG scrim results acting like they were washed up or something. I know I (and a few others) kept pointing out how ridiculous it was. Snipedown, Roy, and Lunchbox didn't just get bad overnight. And Commonly has consistently shown that he is good at H5. Then they went and won XGames. Now here we are again and EG isn't putting up the best scrim results.

I put the least amount of emphasis on EG's scrim results compared to any other team. When tournament time roles around, the guys on EG just seem to come together to play top notch Halo. Someone mentioned lunchbox work taking a toll. I think that might have a lot to do with it, because he is probably the person I see the biggest difference between tournaments and scrims.

Until history stops repeating itself, I don't care what EG does in scrims, I fully expect them and CLG to be there in the end.

Well this tournament actually has seeds that matter so eg CLG both can't be in finals but they can match eachother in the semis
  • Upvote (+1) 1

343 should igve every player a +1 or something

Thats what I told him. I said make your case with MLG, no way they dont help you out.

"They said no exceptions".

@@bunniesz23 Your saying x264 is worse? and considering I have a Skylake i7 6700... NVENC is without problems.. So far at least.

definitely use x264 then IMO 

Well this tournament actually has seeds that matter so eg CLG both can't be in finals but they can match eachother in the semis

I've not looked into it, but are you saying there is no way that EG and CLG could meet in a final match at Worlds because of the tournament structure? Because that seems strange.

Gotcha...so why doesn't he play on a pro team? He seems "God-like" from what I hear and see...

he was on Storm ventures with naded in halo reach and placed pro, he seems to be focusing on FFA and creating content for now.  wouldnt be surprised to see him come back to 4v4 eventually tho.  He was also consistently in the finals of every MLG FFA tournament and tied for 1st with str8 sick or prototype once

That's not true. If EG or CLG get of their pool as the 2 seed, they'll be in a completely spot in the bracket.

And that's going on if the Bracket has the Pool B vs Pool C on the same side, which isn't confirmed. That may not be how the seeds work out of Pools.

It could be randomized just like the EMEA one was. Which put Infused vs Epsilon in the semis when it arguably should have been the Finals.

This is super random and off-topic: Today while I waited for my siblings to get out of school, I was on Tinder. I came across this girl's profile and everything, picture wise was a perfect kill. I read her bio, and she went on talking about her favorite games, and guess which game I saw in there? H4.......I immediately stopped reading and swiped left.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I've not looked into it, but are you saying there is no way that EG and CLG could meet in a final match at Worlds because of the tournament structure? Because that seems strange.

It's single elim when it gets down to the top 8, so that might indeed be the case. 

Gotcha...so why doesn't he play on a pro team? He seems "God-like" from what I hear and see...

Maybe he isn't a good 4v4 player. Also he is signed under FaZe as a content producer which could mess up competing. It's most likely he just doesn't want to compete though.

This is super random and off-topic: Today while I waited for my siblings to get out of school, I was on Tinder. I came across this girl's profile and everything, picture wise was a perfect kill. I read her bio, and she went on talking about her favorite games, and guess which game I saw in there? H4.......I immediately stopped reading and swiped left.

laH3GDh.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm talking about regionals Assuming they both get 1st in their pools which they should.