CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Adding a new game mode, right before your biggest tournament of the year and right after the tournament that was used to qualify for that tournament, is just asking for criticism and problems. 

In the interest of fairness, if nothing else, game modes should not change from Regionals to Worlds. The 8 teams that come out of NA, and the other teams from other regions will have qualified because of those game modes.

So many keep forgetting that 343 are trying to protect the longevity of competitive halo.  With a post-2016 World's pro league and 2017 Worlds, there is plenty of halo to play and plenty of time to add in new maps and gametypes.  

The world will not end if we don't happen to include bomb variants in this years HWC. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I love it when people from general discussion come into the HCS thread to argue about their personal preferences.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Most people do not differentiate between their favorite and "the best". But you just said you think halo 3 is a better halo than halo 2, so I already don't take what you say seriously.

I appreciate the neg for a differing opinion- although I'm not surprised based on the way you tout your opinions as fact.

Also, I thought Halo 2 had the best gameplay for its time of nearly any game I've played.... but from the standpoint of being put together the best (everything from the rampant online cheating to superbouncing), I thought Halo 3 was better.

That's all I'll say about this now, as it has nothing to do with this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Please go back to the H5 thread if you believe you're a superior lifeform for preferring one videogame over another.

----------

Winterfox has practiced soooo much Halo 5, even though I'm rooting for nV over them, it makes me sad they they probably won't make Worlds. They've really been on point with their scrimming, they're just...not good enough

• Upvote (+1) 6

Please go back to the H5 thread if you believe you're a superior lifeform for preferring one videogame over another.

----------

Winterfox has practiced soooo much Halo 5, even though I'm rooting for nV over them, it makes me sad they they probably won't make Worlds. They've really been on point with their scrimming, they're just...not good enough

The skill isn't there, I know what you mean.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

From their scrims last night

I wonder how often RNG rewatch games and try to learn stuff from them. On stream I've only ever seen EG go that route, but this was a great video from Ninja, hope he does more, albeit without giving away any super secret tactics. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think we should be making any judgements about things being good or bad for the game until the community and the pros have a chance to try them. This applies to radar, ball gametypes, weapon balance, and new maps. There's a huge difference between how things play on paper and how things play once they're in the rotation and everyone figures out how to exploit all the weaknesses you never thought about when you planned it out. Even small changes can really fuck up the meta, for better or for worse.

I assume Oddball isn't in this update because they're still balancing/playtesting it. With half of Pro Team busy doing tournament stuff I hope they take all the time they need to iterate internally on new things before they release them. Arena Breakout was a rushed reaction to community feedback and look how that turned out.

*Getting back on topic here*

Soooooooooo.....who is the biggest underrated team that could make Top 8 this weekend?

Strictly looking at teams that aren't top 8 seeds going in to regionals... eLevate, Denial, OpTic, and Triggers Pound.

#13 Seed - Astral Authority Breakdown for Regionals

Gabriel

FTtzxjg.jpg

Hoaxer

jZS81id.jpg

MrBlakerz

cLnnQCh.jpg

King Nick - not enough games to qualify for leaderboard

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is there a schedule out for regionals yet?

I posted it on Friday but apparently nobody saw it. This is what mlg sent me.

Friday—Doors open at 4:30pm, last match is scheduled to start at 10:30pm

Saturday—Doors open at 9:30am, last match is scheduled to start at 7:00pm

Sunday—Doors open at 9:30am, last match is scheduled to start at 5:30pm

I'm also assuming since Che said limited seating for worlds that it'll be held at the MLG arena in Columbus as well. Obviously just speculation though.

From their scrims last night

I wonder how often RNG rewatch games and try to learn stuff from them. On stream I've only ever seen EG go that route, but this was a great video from Ninja, hope he does more, albeit without giving away any super secret tactics. 

I thought the video started ok.  Him wanting to put in effort into going over scrims with youtube isn't a bad idea.

But he makes a bunch of bad plays, and how he talks throughout the video...idk.  He needs to work on his wordage.  "we have terrible this" should be said like "this is something we need to work on"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dedicating the whole weekend to Halo baby :weback::simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Snakebite's getting a mini-subtrain this last hour, great stream & one of the few that goes out of his way to answer all the questions in his chat. The grind is real :simms:

4Db7smo.gif

http://www.twitch.tv/snakebite

Lowkey dude has one of the best streams. He's chill, funny and interactive. And his chat isn't awful.

• Upvote (+1) 2

that org that ripped off MLG's final boss logo is now selling shirts and mouse pads...

people have no shame

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

that org that ripped off MLG's final boss logo is now selling shirts and mouse pads...

people have no shame

link? I've heard about someone stealing fbs logo. 

Grind time!

i think there will be alot of pro teams that stop streaming for this week.  Kampy must be loving it

• Upvote (+1) 2

Damn  thats pretty dirty. Cant they get sued doing that?

they're from france and apparently their laws are different, so i don't think so  :wutface:

i'm pretty sure mlg contacted them a couple of weeks ago when i first noticed it

• Upvote (+1) 1