CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The point that people seem to be missing is that radar could be better. And that doesn't mean turning it off. It means making players only show up on it when they sprint/thruster. Which would result in those ablities being used less often which would naturally organize the gameplay. IF YOU DONT SPRINT YOU DONT SHOW UP ON RADAR AND ITS LIKE TRADITIONAL HALO, KINDA. Ok just had to get that across, sorry for the capslock.

A radar designed this way would punish sprint. No radar would not punish sprint. So that means this radar would be better than no radar.

And yea I know this is in the wrong thread, this conversation started a few pages back by other people. But the topic is about discussing the halo world championship and right now this is about the settings being used in the halo world championship so it's not really off topic.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think is realistic to expect 50k in the finals, plus now we have OpticNation attention. If we want Halo to be the real deal, we have to promote this tournament and ge the viewers. I promote Halo tournament in my small Costa Rican community (800 people) every viewer we can get can generate more interest. Hope we can grow Halo again.

Calling it failure and calling it realistic is two different things. Also i would not go as far and put Halo in any relation to Lol. We are not there yet by any means. Halo is growing and everything beyond HWC depends on how will be pro league and the next HWC taken care of.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And i can't believe that you said this is the best halo game ever. But to each his own I guess.

I never said this.  I said it was my favorite Halo to play and watch. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I never said this. I said it was my favorite Halo to play and watch.

If it's your favorite to play and watch then that means you think it's the best...
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If it's your favorite to play and watch then that means you think it's the best...

Not necessarily. I think h1 is the most competitive Halo but I think the game is really boring to watch compared to a lot of other Halo games (gasp)

• Upvote (+1) 1

radar is AIDS

i don't care what any pro says, they are wrong

the amount of corner crouching in this game is stupid, along with all the radar watching standoffs that occur in late game TS

with that said, h5 is awesome

accidental neg - my bad

radar is AIDS

i don't care what any pro says, they are wrong

the amount of corner crouching in this game is stupid, along with all the radar watching standoffs that occur in late game TS

with that said, h5 is awesome

I honestly much prefer this to random encounters deciding important games (imagine doing everything right to get a map setup only to have a couple guys rush with storm rifles in no time at all). Corner crouching can be and is countered, and I find standoffs to be nerve-wracking and exciting.

BUT, per my earlier gif, that's just like, my opinion, man.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Can't we just get along and love/hate OpTic/lethul/lethuls moms dank twitter game?

S50qajM.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not necessarily. I think h1 is the most competitive Halo but I think the game is really boring to watch compared to a lot of other Halo games (gasp)

Yea but saying it's the most competitive is different. If you enjoy playing and watching (let's say Halo 2) more than any other Halo then it's safe to say you think it's the best since you enjoy it the most. You can't like a Halo game the most and then say it's not the best that really doesn't make sense. If he's talking about competitively then there should be specification tbh.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Guys....gals...there are threads to continue the never ending discussion about Halo 5. Opinions are opinions and that is all they are.

Can we get back to the fact that Regionals is in 5 days?

Gif-My-Body-Is-Ready.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

1353.gif

You can enjoy something the most but also understand it's not objectively the best.  Music is probably the most obvious example of this.

• Upvote (+1) 9

*Getting back on topic here*

Soooooooooo.....who is the biggest underrated team that could make Top 8 this weekend?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think certain people will get this, but I agree. I enjoy playing CE since I first purchased it in 2001 and think it is the most competitive Halo. However H2 I find more enjoyable as a spectator (it is also a pretty fun game to play as well).

Most Competitive =/= Best Spectator Experience

Some people will never get that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guys....gals...there are threads to continue the never ending discussion about Halo 5. Opinions are opinions and that is all they are.

Can we get back to the fact that Regionals is in 5 days?

Might just be my opinion, but discussing tournament settings seems to be most fitting for the "world championship (...) discussion" thread rather than the Halo 5 discussion thread.

It's not like people are arguing about warzone in here.

Then again that's honestly the fault of the shitty "megathread" layout because the format essentially promotes heavy off topic posting and  makes it impossible to find anything after it gets buried by a thousand "dank meme" posts.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1353.gif

You can enjoy something the most but also understand it's not objectively the best. Music is probably the most obvious example of this.

Except no Halo is "objectively" the best. It's all opinions. If you enjoy watching AND playing Halo 5 more than any other Halo how can you say you don't think it's the best?

Whatever though this is OT

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

*Getting back on topic here*

Soooooooooo.....who is the biggest underrated team that could make Top 8 this weekend?

Optic, Noble or WFX, Denial. Those are the only potential upsets I can see.

My prediction:

Pool A: Allegiance, Optic

Pool B: CLG, eLevate

Pool C: EG, WFX (call me crazy)

Pool D: Renegades, Liquid

Subject to change before Friday.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know if it should be discussed in this thread or somewhere else, but something I'm interested in is with the new ball modes coming to H5 what people think would be the most viable modes to add to future competitive events. With some of the new options they are adding, I'm genuinely curious what will play best. And I think after HWC a ball gametype needs to be added.

It sounds like oddball will NOT be in a playlist rotation? Bit surprised if that is the case.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is the Championship pool play? four pools of four. 1. USA 2. USA 3. Europe 4. (Asia, Australia, or Latin America) ???

Might just be my opinion, but discussing tournament settings seems to be most fitting for the "world championship (...) discussion" thread rather than the Halo 5 discussion thread.

It's not like people are arguing about warzone in here.

Then again that's honestly the fault of the shitty "megathread" layout because the format essentially promotes heavy off topic posting and makes it impossible to find anything after it gets buried by a thousand "dank meme" posts.

This could all be fixed if you made a thread specifically for feedback for tournament play (sort of what you're suggesting). This thread moves really fast and the amount of different topics this thread goes to is ridiculous and anyone with power to change settings will most likely miss the discussion since it'll be filtered with memes and whatnot.