CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Then maybe 343 should make a Halo game that isn't so unpredictable. Seriously, if the game doesn't work without radar because it's "too hard to predict enemies" then they should sit back and fix the actual issue instead of giving a band-aid solution. Radar sucks and it's always gonna suck.

You don't think radar would be a good think if it only showed when players where sprinting/thrusting/shooting? If it was designed this way players would sprint a lot less resulting in more organized gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Then maybe 343 should make a Halo game that isn't so unpredictable. Seriously, if the game doesn't work without radar because it's "too hard to predict enemies" then they should sit back and fix the actual issue instead of giving a band-aid solution. Radar sucks and it's always gonna suck.

m5T4JYK.gif
Radar lowers the skill gap. That is a fact.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

No radar always made it harder to predict what players are going to do. That was the point. You could say it would be too hard in H5 to predict but I don't think that argument really holds up as well as it sounds like it would. The radar is already so short that you're doing the predicting anyways most of the time. You can hear people walking through walls within radar range as well. Thrust is loud and so is sprint. Radar only stops people from making sneaky plays at normal movement speed or doubling back on you around objects and allows seeing people multiple levels below or above you. If someone sprints and thrusts around you within radar range and you lose them then you deserved to die. You should be able to hear that at the very least even without a headset.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If you could 4 shot kill with the pistol I would literally never take out another weapon.

I still think a 4shot pistol vs an auto would be a difficult fight up close if thruster is used well. Just not as hard of a fight as it was before.

You don't think radar would be a good think if it only showed when players where sprinting/thrusting/shooting? If it was designed this way players would sprint a lot less resulting in more organized gameplay.

I wouldn't make you appear when shooting. Only using abilities. Also, the biggest problem with radar is that now it shows when someone is above/below you. So yea we have a shorter radar but it tells us more info than ever. It's just dumb.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I wouldn't make you appear when shooting. Only using abilities. Also, the biggest problem with radar is that now it shows when someone is above/below you. So yea we have a shorter radar but it tells us more info than ever. It's just dumb.

I agree it isn't as good as it could be. I'm just saying, if it was CHANGED to only show players when people sprint/thrust and maybe shoot(idk about shooting), you don't think that would be better?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree it isn't as good as it could be. I'm just saying, if it was CHANGED to only show players when people sprint/thrust and maybe shoot(idk about shooting), you don't think that would be better?

It would definitely be better than what we have now, I just don't know if it would be better than no radar. But any improvement is better than what we have now so I'm open to any changes.

Ok, the thing that bugs me about this post is that you talk as if every Halo ever hasn't had radar in its default game modes. Radar is not a bandaid solution, it is purposely built into the game. Most casual players would be extremely frustrated without radar.

I would love to see how the game plays without radar, but I can definitely see how 1v1 situations could be incredibly frustrating without it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ok, the thing that bugs me about this post is that you talk as if every Halo ever hasn't had radar in its default game modes. Radar is not a bandaid solution, it is purposely built into the game. Most casual players would be extremely frustrated without radar.

I would love to see how the game plays without radar, but I can definitely see how 1v1 situations could be incredibly frustrating without it.

Radar is a band-aid solution to the competitive issues the game has. If it's "too unpredictable" in competitive settings to the point where it's better to have radar, then the core gameplay has some serious issues. When have we EVER vouched for radar in competitive Halo? Just keeping radar in comp IS a band-aid solution. I'm not talking about the default settings. I couldn't care less about radar being in other playlists. I understand radars function in regular Halo.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

There are still people who log onto these forums every single day and complain about everything as if this is the worst Halo ever. I choose to ignore those threads and I can easily say it's helped me enjoy the game more. I like Halo 5 as it is now, of course some things could be better, that will always be the case.

Some might say I'm ignoring the problems but that is false, I haven't enjoyed playing a Halo game since Halo 3. If I didn't like Halo 5 I wouldn't play it. To me the largest issues are lack of gametypes and UI/server issues.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you could 4 shot kill with the pistol I would literally never take out another weapon.

That means they would have to change the kill times on dmrs/BRs/Carbines and then nobody would use a pistol to a 3 shot ish BR.  We don't need to buff whats fine to compensate for what should be nerfed and toned down.

I wouldn't make you appear when shooting. Only using abilities. Also, the biggest problem with radar is that now it shows when someone is above/below you. So yea we have a shorter radar but it tells us more info than ever. It's just dumb.ar 

Radar ALWAYS showed you whether above or below(the dot wasn't as solid if they were above/below.)

Can we please not discuss auto nerfs and radar here (I avoid that thread for a reason).

R8WvMV2.jpg

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-1

GIF-Al-Bundy-jaw-drop-shock-shocked-surp

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who gives a hell about default game modes?

In the settings that tournaments were being played, (you know, the ones relevant to this thread) radar has always been off for good reason.

Trying to imply that tournament settings have ever been anything but no radar is just plain wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 7

There are still people who log onto these forums every single day and complain about everything as if this is the worst Halo ever. I choose to ignore those threads and I can easily say it's helped me enjoy the game more. I like Halo 5 as it is now, of course some things could be better, that will always be the case.

Some might say I'm ignoring the problems but that is false, I haven't enjoyed playing a Halo game since Halo 3. If I didn't like Halo 5 I wouldn't play it. To me the largest issues are lack of gametypes and UI/server issues.

I've done the exact same and am having a blast with H5.

giphy.gif

I read that thread a lot for some reason but yeah, I agree with this. Personally haven't had this much fun since Reach zbns. Every game can use fixes but I think the game is at a much better spot than most halos were at the beginning to where it plays pretty solid. Anyone remember h2 on launch? This is much better if you ask me
  • Upvote (+1) 5

to the people that complain all the time about the settings... have you made any effort to adjust?  It plays incredibly fun as is... aside from the remixed maps, it's really difficult to complain about this game after playing a fairly significant amount. 

Been with Halo since the beginning and silly nostalgia aside, this is easily my favorite Halo. It's fast, competitive, requires a significant amount of skill and teamwork, and is just wildly enjoyable. and I LOVE watching the professional games more than any previous title.

(btw, introducing more variance into gameplay doesn't widen a skill gap, it does the opposite...)

I agree that halo 5 is a lot of fun and in my opinion the best since halo 2, but it's pretty ignorant to say more variance makes the skill gap smaller. That's very situational, sometimes it helps, sometimes it hurts. And i can't believe that you said this is the best halo game ever. But to each his own I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2