CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That's really interesting, 3/4 of EG had more magnum kills than anyone on Renegades.

Spartan stays with that assault rifle and Victory with the BR. Stellur with the scatter. RNG had WAY more snipe control. Its cool being able to check out a breakdown of how much power weapon control teams had and see weird stuff like Spartan having like 15 minutes of AR with way more kills than anyone else in the scrim with it and Victory with 16 mins of BR. RNG had more SMG as well.

It looks like EG needed to control more than just power weapons. They need to pick up more weapons in general and perhaps pistol less. Although when you're losing you're obviously going to have more pistol kills than the people that drop theirs for the better weapons they're beating you with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not long ago 10k was unreachable milestone, and now 50k is a failure ?

I think is realistic to expect 50k in the finals, plus now we have OpticNation attention. If we want Halo to be the real deal, we have to promote this tournament and ge the viewers. I promote Halo tournament in my small Costa Rican community (800 people) every viewer we can get can generate more interest. Hope we can grow Halo again.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The viewership is out there, a single LoL gets 50k any given weekend.

Do you have any idea how many more people play LoL than Halo? You're probably trolling but I felt the need to ask anyways

• Upvote (+1) 2

The viewership is out there, a single LoL gets 50k any given weekend.

No one is saying it's not possible. I actually think it'll get >50k. But you're saying something will be a failure if it doesn't increase its viewership by nearly 100% over its last event. Anywhere near 50k viewers would be a remarkable gain in momentum in just a couple weeks and a massive step in the right direction for Worlds.

Grenade hit markers...why?

same reason there is radar....apparently halo games need to be easier...

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't think anyone is reallyyy that happy about either. Both completely shut down intelligent plays at times without really adding equivalent depth in other areas. They're just a net loss sadly

• Upvote (+1) 1

sKegJNa.png pLP71Eb.gif

You've grown right in front of our eyes. Don't forget about us in dank meme heaven now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Snipedown and Commonly to get sick of Roybox's shit and replace them with Formal and T2 :kappa:

Complete pipe dream from a fan's perspective, but I'd like to see Snipedown/Formal/Commonly/mmmm J0e

No one is saying it's not possible. I actually think it'll get >50k. But you're saying something will be a failure if it doesn't increase its viewership by nearly 100% over its last event. Anywhere near 50k viewers would be a remarkable gain in momentum in just a couple weeks and a más si ve step in the right direction for Worlds.

X-Games had 50k or more, is very doable.

LoL is the easy version of Dota, now compare the two. Im a LoL player lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Roy said in a podcast that he played with and without radar and he thinks that radar is better for Halo 5 since there are so many movement options now. He said something along the lines of, "It'd be too hard to predict where a player would go without the radar consistently, which would result in the game becoming more chaotic and random." 

But at least it's a small radar I guess. Sucks that flanking isn't a thing anymore tho. :(

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

LoL is the easy version of Dota, now compare the two. Im a LoL player lol.

I'm so glad that you as an LoL'er admits to this. I'm a dota player and my friends that prefer league try to argue with me that LoL is harder, really gets under my skin.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Roy said in a podcast that he played with and without radar and he thinks that radar is better for Halo 5 since there are so many movement options now. He said something along the lines of, "It'd be too hard to predict where a player would go without the radar consistently, which would result in the game becoming more chaotic and random." 

But at least it's a small radar I guess. Sucks that flanking isn't a thing anymore tho. :(

If only 343 had put in a version of radar that only shows you when you sprint/shoot/thruster......oh wait they did and then removed it from default and made it a warzone perk! Goddamit 343.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Exactly. Removing radar could have the opposite effect people seem to think it would, i.e. it would be an introduction of more variance to the game. I am coming around on the "nerf autos" folks, though I believe the best option might be to simply reduce the amount of storm rifles (and lengthen their respawn times) on the maps.

Flanking is definitely still a thing, btw. Happens consistently in both am and pro play from what I've experienced and seen.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If only 343 had put in a version of radar that only shows you when you sprint/shoot/thruster......oh wait they did and then removed it from default and made it a warzone perk! Goddamit 343.

Wow that actually sounds awesome. If they made the radar have more range and made it where you didn't show up if you were walking, then it'd actually play out like traditional halo more often. And it'd still have the new features too, but you'd risk your location using them. Sounds a lot better to me for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm so glad that you as an LoL'er admits to this. I'm a dota player and my friends that prefer league try to argue with me that LoL is harder, really gets under my skin.

There is no point in arguing Dota is the harder game. I like LoL cause is very easy in the eyes, the graphics and texture made it very easy when I started, I couldn't play HoN because it is so dark that I dint knew what was going on. But yeah LoL is easy, with a terrible Client and yet is the most played game ever, really nice ranking system and cool skins, also Riot puts a lot of money on correcting player behavior.

Just read a few comments in the last few pages regarding EG. It is like I'm having deja vu.

Before XGames, with lethul leaving, the commonly pickup, and all that. Everyone was looking at EG scrim results acting like they were washed up or something. I know I (and a few others) kept pointing out how ridiculous it was. Snipedown, Roy, and Lunchbox didn't just get bad overnight. And Commonly has consistently shown that he is good at H5. Then they went and won XGames. Now here we are again and EG isn't putting up the best scrim results.

I put the least amount of emphasis on EG's scrim results compared to any other team. When tournament time roles around, the guys on EG just seem to come together to play top notch Halo. Someone mentioned lunchbox work taking a toll. I think that might have a lot to do with it, because he is probably the person I see the biggest difference between tournaments and scrims. 

Until history stops repeating itself, I don't care what EG does in scrims, I fully expect them and CLG to be there in the end.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Exactly. Removing radar could have the opposite effect people seem to think it would, i.e. it would be an introduction of more variance to the game. I am coming around on the "nerf autos" folks, though I believe the best option might be to simply reduce the amount of storm rifles (and lengthen their respawn times) on the maps.

Flanking is definitely still a thing, btw. Happens consistently in both am and pro play from what I've experienced and seen.

I think instead of nerfing the autos, I'd be better to increase the kill times of the precision weapons. 3 or 4 shot kill would be way better but I'm not sure what anyone else thinks about it. At least a 4 shot kill with the pistol.

Flanking is a thing, but not anywhere near as effective as it used to be. I say this because if you're pushing through an area and there is an enemy crouching there just staring at their radar, your flank is ruined, and the player that crouched and baited their radar was rewarded. This actually happens a lot due to how effective it is to crouch, even though the technique is cheesy(not hard to do), and a lot of people don't like seeing it being used in competitive play.

Then maybe 343 should make a Halo game that isn't so unpredictable. Seriously, if the game doesn't work without radar because it's "too hard to predict enemies" then they should sit back and fix the actual issue instead of giving a band-aid solution. Radar sucks and it's always gonna suck.
  • Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Then maybe 343 should make a Halo game that isn't so unpredictable. Seriously, if the game doesn't work without radar because it's "too hard to predict enemies" then they should sit back and fix the actual issue instead of giving a band-aid solution. Radar sucks and it's always gonna suck.

m5T4JYK.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I think instead of nerfing the autos, I'd be better to increase the kill times of the precision weapons. 3 or 4 shot kill would be way better but I'm not sure what anyone else thinks about it. At least a 4 shot kill with the pistol.

If you could 4 shot kill with the pistol I would literally never take out another weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2