CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

or he really couldn't afford to go? Flights and hotels arnt cheap and I think most of them thought it was gonna be covered and overdrive doesn't have an org behind them

this still irritates me and might irritate me for a while. i know a higher up from 343, esl or hcs mentioned the travel was taken care of for people who qualified

this still irritates me and might irritate me for a while. i know a higher up from 343, esl or hcs mentioned the travel was taken care of for people who qualified

Did they specifically say regionals? They may have meant worlds is what I guess

I'm surprised 343/MLG aren't paying for teams travel, all 16 teams that qualified for the UK Regionals had travel paid for by Gfinity/343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What was the series score between RNG and EG?

I think 8/9-3? Somewhere around there on favor of rng
  • Upvote (+1) 1

RNG is my team so that's great to hear, and I hope them not streaming continues to work wonders for them, but I can't read too much into EG's defeat. Looks like Snipedown wasn't totally prepared food/energy wise, maybe after the crazy night he had before, and Roy has been saying on stream that Lunchbox is working himself into the ground with his job and stuff before getting on for scrims. At Regionals we're going to see the same old EG who always turn up at LANs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

RNG is my team so that's great to hear, and I hope them not streaming continues to work wonders for them, but I can't read too much into EG's defeat. Looks like Snipedown wasn't totally prepared food/energy wise, maybe after the crazy night he had before, and Roy has been saying on stream that Lunchbox is working himself into the ground with his job and stuff before getting on for scrims. At Regionals we're going to see the same old EG who always turn up at LANs.

eg is always a better LAN team but i still think clg is taking regionals. i am very happy to see  rng hitting their stride at the perfect time. if they clutch it at regionals i could see a 3rd place finish. however, seeing how its single elim that would require them to dodge eg/clg until quarters..

so im not doubting towey's abilities and knowledge at all, im just curious and would like someone to explain this to me.

Like what makes him a coach and not a really good player?

The same reasons why a lot of managers never necessarily played the game they coach.

He watches 4 screens, absorbs all that information on screen, organises them and suggests what plays to make, all while timing power ups and keeping count of enemy alive.

He also goes through theatre mode and picks up on pro's and con's. Basically he is really good at processing information and organising. 

@@Towey Did you ever have a desire to grind, and compete this year?

• Upvote (+1) 1

What would be a respectable viewer number on Championship Sunday for the NA Regionals this weekend?

Have to think we don't have the exposure of ESPN like we did for X-Games.

I'm thinking ~50K would be nice to see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What would be a respectable viewer number on Championship Sunday for the NA Regionals this weekend?

Have to think we don't have the exposure of ESPN like we did for X-Games.

I'm thinking ~50K would be nice to see.

Anything below 50k would be a failure.
  • Downvote (-1) 6

That's really interesting, 3/4 of EG had more magnum kills than anyone on Renegades.

@@StelluR is consistently putting up great numbers.  I know kills aren't everything, but the dude is always on point with the slays.

One of the best things about the website is the head-to-head matchup. Everyone on RNG went at least 2-2 against members of EG, and Stellur won all his head-to-heads. They played well last night. I look forward to seeing how they do in the coming weeks. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@StelluR is consistently putting up great numbers.  I know kills aren't everything, but the dude is always on point with the slays.

Now if only he'd start opening his mouth more... getting better about it but not much

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anything below 50k would be a failure.

Not long ago 10k was unreachable milestone, and now 50k is a failure ?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Not long ago 10k was unreachable milestone, and now 50k is a failure ?

X-Games viewer numbers.

Just going to leave that there and let it sink in.