CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

so im not doubting towey's abilities and knowledge at all, im just curious and would like someone to explain this to me.

If he knows so much about making right plays and how to win games, would he be as good as a pro if he got his aim up?  Does that make sense? he can give gameplay analysis and say what the best choice would be for an individual player or a team, but would he be able to make those decisions in game?  Like what makes him a coach and not a really good player?

I feel like top coaches are failed/washed pros (don't mean this in a bad way). They have all the qualities of a pro but lack the aim/reaction time. People like Walshy who have a great knowledge of the game but doesn't play enough/doesn't have the drive to be a top player.

Snipedown and Commonly to get sick of Roybox's shit and replace them with Formal and T2 :kappa:

Dumbass they would obviously be replaced by the sudds.

Seriously though, this sets an interesting precedent and it makes me wonder if MLG would have allowed something similar for a top seeded team.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

RNG should continue to scrim off stream, as much as I love to watch them. They've been playing well the last few days and I think it has a lot to do with the lack of distractions. I think we will see more teams stop streaming scrims tbh as we get closer to HWC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Seriously though, this sets an interesting precedent and it makes me wonder if MLG would have allowed something similar for a top seeded team.

If they had to choose between allowing a sub from a non-top16 team or not having a top-seeded team at a big event, they'd have to allow it, right?

I mean, if they have a good reason then it should be allowed and the player who can't attend should be the focus. I'm sure Marbelize supported Overdrives decision and would want them to play if he couldn't go.

If another team tried to sketch another player it simply would not work because they would fight it.

I was just about to post the same thing. Optic is dominating Soar right now. 100-0d them on Rig SH

RNG should continue to scrim off stream, as much as I love to watch them. They've been playing well the last few days and I think it has a lot to do with the lack of distractions. I think we will see more teams stop streaming scrims tbh as we get closer to HWC.

Why are you such an RNG fan? Not hating, just curious.

Why are you such an RNG fan? Not hating, just curious.

I guess I'm a fan of Ninja but I also really like Spartan as a player. If Legit were still playing I'd probably be a fan of whatever team he was on.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I guess in reality, Marbelize's checkbook was the true Last Chance Qualifier.

No one caught your pun I guess. I +1'd you for it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So Green Wall might actually show up this event? I wouldn't mind that at all. I have all the respect in the world for flame. He grinds hard even when placing shitty as much as he has. 

On the topic of roster changes..

If a team were to try to drop a teammmate and pick up an AM kid, the guy they dropped could easily just say "I can get to the event no questions asked" and then the team would get fucked. Only way someone would willingly forfeit a chance at Worlds would be if it was a weak team that probably won't make it out of regionals, and he got paid a certain amount of coin to go away.

Some people can just process information better when watching than when actually playing. I'm sorta one of these people. My aims solid, everything about my game is actually solid. I just think the game much faster when all i have to do is watch. If i could think that fast & clear well actually playing, i'd maybe have a green name, with the right opportunity. Theres probably lots of people like this. They got all the skills required, they just can't put them all together at once. 

Yeah I could tell when you tried to boltshot me on Regret an hour ago  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, i get the "poor rich kid" stuff. But unless you're a rich kid with good parents. For almost all of us, any dream of competing is only a dream. My flights to Columbus... $1468, plus hotels & all that for the weekend. It's not cheap. Halo is Revans passion & dream. and yeah, he's lucky to have parents with $, but more so, parents who are willing to support his dreams in such a way. Even if my parents had money when i was younger, i'd get lol'd at for asking for $$$ to go and play Halo. Revans a great kid, and deserved that shot. At least for me, being a friend and ex teammate, i really wanted to see him finally succeed. Yeah, know? Would of been great for someone with his passion to finally "make" it.

i was just teasing man. anyone who knows me knows my passion for the game and how long ive been working towards that dream myself. i just thought it was funny everyone in the community was joking about the idea of moving to another country to get that glorified $20,000 for last place and he did it

• Upvote (+1) 3

On the topic of roster changes..

If a team were to try to drop a teammmate and pick up an AM kid, the guy they dropped could easily just say "I can get to the event no questions asked" and then the team would get fucked. Only way someone would willingly forfeit a chance at Worlds would be if it was a weak team that probably won't make it out of regionals, and he got paid a certain amount of coin to go away.

or he really couldn't afford to go? Flights and hotels arnt cheap and I think most of them thought it was gonna be covered and overdrive doesn't have an org behind them
  • Upvote (+1) 2