CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can't wait for teams to force last minute diseases on their "weak links". :uncledrew:

I feel bad for Lethul

• Upvote (+1) 4

Fixed now.

Yeah, it's tough to get completely accurate stuff when it's not as streamlined and a lot of the info is hearsay.

Chur moit

I quit the build twice. After that I haven't had a problem

quit the build like 7 times, hard reset my box a few times, nothing changed.  Checked xbox.com/status and it said it was on their end.  just had to wait it out

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is it going to be pool play? 1. USA 2. USA 3. Europe 4. (Asia, Australia, Latin America)

Fixed now.

Yeah, it's tough to get completely accurate stuff when it's not as streamlined and a lot of the info is hearsay.

8w9WwaZ.png

Roy/Lunch are tough to listen to on EG Streams.

One thing Ninja does really well regardless of what team he is on: after every game, win or lose, he gives an overall recap of what they should have done with certain setups/plays; he rarely calls out individual teammates.

EG always seems to focus in on ONE Players misplay and argues about it for 10 minutes before the next game starts. Really unhealthy to call out one player than cover what your whole team could do better for the gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Some days like right now RNG can be dominant, other days they just cant pull anything together. I dont get it, maybe EG is just having an off night but still.

• Upvote (+1) 2

EG isnt looking too hot right now against RNG. To use the cool hip lingo, they are looking pretty "tilted".

• Upvote (+1) 5

EG isnt looking too hot right now against RNG. To use the cool hip lingo, they are looking pretty "tilted".

Looks like the team is having an off night and just isn't on the same page in general. As a fan of EG they are so tough to watch... after a game they just don't seem to be able to correctly hone in on what changes need to be made & what they did wrong. Instead, people are making too big a deal of what one guy did and completely miss the essence of why they struggle entirely. I can't see them making progress until they address and fix that inbetween game bickering about bullshit. Ironically Commonly seems to be the point of reason, being the one with the least experience.

This has to kill their confidence with less than a week to the event, but I suppose on the flipside it does wonders for RNG.

TL;DR EG is slumping.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Roy roasting Snipedown for wanting to eat food  :wutface:

Think you missed the point brah. Not eating for a long time and trying to play at a high level is a VERY bad idea - it's super easy to get flustered/impatient/unfocused when you're really hungry. Roy was calling him out for not being better prepared and wasting the entire team's time by not bringing the best Snipedown possible to the scrim. Roy is 100% right. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

WFX having some close games with CLG. Why are all the bad teams now good and the god teams now bad?

Just because CLG doesn't blow out every team doesn't mean they're slumping lmao

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just because CLG doesn't blow out every team doesn't mean they're slumping lmao

I would expect WFX to get blown out by every top team. When I said good teams being bad I meant EG more than CLG

WFX having some close games with CLG. Why are all the bad teams now good and the god teams now bad?

It probably helps that WFX are playing together in Chicago now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

so im not doubting towey's abilities and knowledge at all, im just curious and would like someone to explain this to me.

If he knows so much about making right plays and how to win games, would he be as good as a pro if he got his aim up?  Does that make sense? he can give gameplay analysis and say what the best choice would be for an individual player or a team, but would he be able to make those decisions in game?  Like what makes him a coach and not a really good player?

• Upvote (+1) 1

so im not doubting towey's abilities and knowledge at all, im just curious and would like someone to explain this to me.

If he knows so much about making right plays and how to win games, would he be as good as a pro if he got his aim up?  Does that make sense? he can give gameplay analysis and say what the best choice would be for an individual player or a team, but would he be able to make those decisions in game?  Like what makes him a coach and not a really good player?

Towey subbed in for Instinct / EG in various scrims / LANs (at TLN) and is actually a pretty solid player, like mid-tier AM player.  If his aim was better I think he could maybe be a pro, I guess?

Like what makes him a coach and not a really good player?

Laser focus :kappa:

But seriously, knowledge and skill are two different things

Being a great player requires knowledge, the ability to execute, decision making, and great reaction time

Those are the basic things, there are even more advanced traits like having great spatial reasoning and 'shot calling'

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some people can just process information better when watching than when actually playing. I'm sorta one of these people. My aims solid, everything about my game is actually solid. I just think the game much faster when all i have to do is watch. If i could think that fast & clear well actually playing, i'd maybe have a green name, with the right opportunity. Theres probably lots of people like this. They got all the skills required, they just can't put them all together at once. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Roy and Lunch during bad games:

3r9a7P0.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4