CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

My wife might leave me next weekend because of all the Halo I'll be watching.

• Upvote (+1) 4

they didn't use it because they are better than that but it doesn't keep it from being the truth. am teams had a ton of momentum going into their series against the top teams. unless the top teams had side stations to warmup on the entire time the amateurs were playing - i cant see how its at all fair! especially since cod has basically zero skill gap

1. Optic lost to a pro team

2. It was that pro team's first series game of the day, whereas Optic had already played a BO7, so if anything they were the ones with the advantage going into the match. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Zeus from Chosen Legacy sure is a looker

Yeah, so far in the games I've watched he has been the most solid player this tournament. Dany Knight has been solid too though.

Im loving the set-up. The facecams are actually perfect.

The commentators are bringing some excitement to the game. No idea what they saying but I'm enjoying it!

Also on COD tournament, it was a really strange format. If I was a pro team, I might have even preferred being in the open bracket for the tournament. I have no idea what happened there, and scary how its a $100k tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, so far in the games I've watched he has been the most solid player this tournament. Dany Knight has been solid too though.

yea, dont know why you negged me

• Upvote (+1) 2

My wife might leave me next weekend because of all the Halo I'll be watching.

My wife is actually translating for me. This is the first time I've ever been able to get to her to watch an entire series.  :flames:

Edit: We're rooting for Chosen Squad.

So one bo3 series negates the last 2 months of result? Elevate also won a scrim vs EG. Elevate clearly the second best team right now. They also almost beat CLG without their 4th. With their full squad they are EASILY the best team right now /s

No. It negates AE being "consistently" better. and a series played most recently is more relevant than the previous 2 months.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I know the event was bad, but that has nothing to do with Faze/Optic/nV losing. They lost under fair circumstances where the other team was just better than them.

IMO an underdog team benefits more from a poorly structured event. These players are used to @ least playing by Friday... The top 4 teams all didn't play until Sunday and I also heard (not 100%) that the only way you could warm up was threw FFA, that they didn't have scrim setups. As an underdog team I'd be happier as you want any edge over a team that would beat you 8-9/10 times. These players are annoyed to the max & don't truly speak their mind anymore because activision hasn't punishments in place for acting out (read in the cwl player rulebook).

Apparently Revan is a english speaking canadian 

Yes, hes from Canada but lives in Mexico

BTW They are getting hyped down in Mexico

Am I the only one experiencing a lot of problems with the servers/XBL right now? Also, why is everyone in my game muted when I have tried to unmute them and it just wont do it? anyway to fix that problem? 

Am I the only one experiencing a lot of problems with the servers/XBL right now? Also, why is everyone in my game muted when I have tried to unmute them and it just wont do it? anyway to fix that problem? 

Nope same was happening to me on top of disgusting lag spikes

• Upvote (+1) 1

Take down Xbox Live and bring more attention to tournament :kappa:

Nevermind. Everything is fixed. For a sec i thought I was communications banned on XBL lol

It's the worst run event in CoD history so everyone just lost interest. Should've been pulling over 75k viewers easily considering online league matches have gotten up to 100k viewers. 

I don't think 100k viewers has ever happened iirc, the most CWL has pulled was 78k viewers (estimate). Yet that was only for the biggest match that's happened, OG vs Faze, the two best teams in CoD with the most dedicated & rabid fanbases. That whole day when the other top teams were playing it was pretty stagnant at around 20k-35k, & the same thing can be said for the rest of the CWL fixtures.

I think it's safe to say that the games' high viewership outliers rides solely on OG playing (Faze & nV to a lesser extent). 

#12 Seed - SoaR Gaming Breakdown for Regionals

JuicyFruit

aIDmkbP.jpg

Beaver Senpai

tNG6dvO.jpg

Hunter Jjx

cD8jt6v.jpg

Winntur

hWsq9t9.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

If Legacy loses, i am going to LOL for quite some time. Their apparent best play in Revan, up and moved to Mexico from Canada to meet his egirl, and get on a Halo team. His parents are spending some real $$$ (I think he works a bit too actually) for him to try and be Mexico's best LOL. I wish him good luck, but ill LOL if they lose. They are so much better than Chosen... at least they should be...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If Legacy loses, i am going to LOL for quite some time. Their apparent best play in Revan (my ex teammate), up and moved to Mexico from Canada, so he could get on a team (and meet his egirl). His parents are spending some real $$$ for him to try and be Mexico's best LOL.

well then in that case i hope he wins

• Upvote (+1) 1