CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think you guys are clinging onto nothing.

EG has a hill to climb to beat CLG, CLG is CLEARLLLLYYYY the better team. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 12

#10 Seed - Elevate Breakdown for Regionals

Nemassist

OUZeAXr.jpg

Goofy

7rOkzMi.jpg

Munoz

QKMQfne.jpg

Str8 Sick

jFVI7rr.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

What? lol

CLG is better than EG, EG needs to step it up

CLG has the potential to be the new "EG"

No, unfortunately many people in the Halo community love making absolute statements. CLG and EG are very evenly matched and right now the outcome of a match is going to be 50/50.

We need to see more games between the two teams to determine who is better.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Why does practically everyone disagree with you on something that is so clear?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yet EG steaked CLG in slayer?

Agree to disagree. I just think CLG is 2 steps above everybody right now. 

They literally have the top 4 players in the game on one team, AND, they are actually a good TEAM.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

EG still hasn't lost on LAN in a long, long time. CLG has to win a LAN event before they can definitively be called better than EG.

You're last 2-3 posts take semantics to another level. 1) 2 strongholds in a row? Kind of lame, I want to see a little bit of variety, so why not a flag? and 2) Sure, EG hasn't lost on LAN, but if you want to take scrim results and anecdotal evidence between now & X Games of watching streams, you can make an argument for CLG being better than EG at regionals.

Speaking in absolute terms isn't going to make something true. CLG may very well be the better team at this point but the only thing that matters is which team plays best when it truly counts. EG demonstrated this by beating CLG in the gold medal game after losing to them pretty easily in a less important series. Don't count any of the top 5 teams out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think right now CLG's best is better than everyone else's best. 

At X-Games I think we saw CLG's best until the finals. They looked nervous or something in the finals and EG took advantage of it.

If CLG plays their best all of regionals I'm not sure if they will have a close series. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

You're last 2-3 posts take semantics to another level. 1) 2 strongholds in a row? Kind of lame, I want to see a little bit of variety, so why not a flag? and 2) Sure, EG hasn't lost on LAN, but if you want to take scrim results and anecdotal evidence between now & X Games of watching streams, you can make an argument for CLG being better than EG at regionals.

What do semantics have to do with anything that I said? Personally I don't see how Flag-TS-SH-SH is any lamer than Flag-TS-SH-Flag. Objective gametypes are all their own beasts, and strongholds on two different maps plays extremely differently.

Of course you can make the argument that CLG is better than EG. In fact, I think CLG is better than EG. My claim was that you can't definitively claim that CLG is better until they prove it on LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do semantics have to do with anything that I said? Personally I don't see how Flag-TS-SH-SH is any lamer than Flag-TS-SH-Flag. Objective gametypes are all their own beasts, and strongholds on two different maps plays extremely differently.

Of course you can make the argument that CLG is better than EG. In fact, I think CLG is better than EG. My claim was that you can't definitively claim that CLG is better until they prove it on LAN.

Is this not what I was saying? lol

I THINK CLG is the better team too? I'm not DEFINITELY claiming anything, just stating my subjective opinion. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Is this not what I was saying? lol

I THINK CLG is the better team too? I'm not DEFINITELY claiming anything, just stating my subjective opinion. 

You said "CLG is CLEARLLLLYYYY the better team." That's about as definitive as a statement gets.

• Upvote (+1) 8

They literally have the top 4 players in the game on one team, AND, they are actually a good TEAM.

I agree. After EG lost the series it seemed like they didn't want to admit they 'legit lost'. There was no critical analysis of what went wrong/what CLG was doing right etc, it was "we just played shitty" & pointing fingers. In my perspective, CLG is that good at strongholds, and EG was essentially saying 'whatever, bad game'. I can't see EG making enough progress to compete with CLG. 

I've watched CLG's streams in the past and they don't get tilted often. All of them have their 'eyes on the prize' focusing even on marginal improvements in the games they dominate. Also, they are just more calm and composed as a unit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You said "CLG is CLEARLLLLYYYY the better team." That's about as definitive as a statement gets.

I mean, if that's your argument, w/e lol

You clearly agree CLG is the better team... so, I don't see what so controversial about what I said. 

Times change guys, no king rules forever, as much as I want EG to win forever and ever. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No, unfortunately many people in the Halo community love making absolute statements. CLG and EG are very evenly matched and right now the outcome of a match is going to be 50/50.

You criticized people making absolute statements and proceeded to make one in the comment?

k

• Upvote (+1) 5

You criticized people making absolute statements and proceeded to make one in the comment?

k

ayyy lmao

• Downvote (-1) 2

k

Sorry about the neg though. It's right above the reply button, so I'll make it up on another post.

I didn't make an absolute statement. Simply provided my opinion like many of us do here; means my statement is open for discussion.

Yea CLG really loves the number TWO
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly EG has looked off the last couple of nights. Either losing scrims or having very close scrims against teams they should be beating handily. 

CLG lost 2 games in a row and that proves my point. We can't be making decisions now about which teams are the best. We can give our opinions on favorites.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Elevate and Rya are probably resenting the roster lock right now.

Its kind of strange how much of a no brainer this is and it never happened.  Like ryanoob>munoz seems pretty obvious, but idk maybe munoz is better at H5