CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Formal isn't a world champion cod player.

ummmmmmmmmmm

what is your definition for "world champion cod player"

because i'm like 100% sure that he won the MLG world finals like 4 months ago...

Everyone should pay attention to Chosen Legacy and Revan. Insanely good player finally finding a good team. Looking for them to take this Tourney(Latin America) easy. Oh and he didn't die once in the last series. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

ummmmmmmmmmm

what is your definition for "world champion cod player"

because i'm like 100% sure that he won the MLG world finals like 4 months ago...

That was just MLG's 100th tournament and the final tournament of the year. CoD Champs is their worlds.

That was just MLG's 100th tournament and the final tournament of the year. CoD Champs is their worlds.

oh. well in that case yeah... they kinda blew it last year with nadeshot.

Some of these LATAM teams know how to play the game very well. Halo has always had a solid following there.

Dany Knight is a name to watch, he plays pro 8s with the NA pros often.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja write-up

Pretty much nailed it. Every player has things to work on, and Ninja does a great job. Every player can improve, hopefully if he does read this, he understands it's coming from a fan/fans who genuinely want to see him succeed and be the best. Not everyone who has constructive criticism is out to attack Ninja. 

The one thing I would add is that the whole Renegades team does not take constructive criticism that great. It's probably because of the tone of voice a lot of the time and the way the criticism is worded, but regardless, they all need to realize that they all made mistakes, will make mistakes, and can improve on them. 

Again, MOST of the people who take the time to write out a response like that genuinely want to see that player/team succeed, and you can usually tell by how it was written if the person is a hater and can't see the bigger picture, or if they're a big fan and passionate about that player/team. You sir are the latter and had a lot of good points. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

i mean his team won like 90% of the events and only lost to FaZe, under performing at CoD champs doesnt mean much at all.  He is on the best team in the game and they have been the best team with scary consistency, so i think we can hold FormaL to the title of world champion

• Upvote (+1) 1

i mean his team won like 90% of the events and only lost to FaZe, under performing at CoD champs doesnt mean much at all.  He is on the best team in the game and they have been the best team with scary consistency, so i think we can hold FormaL to the title of world champion

Until he wins the world championship you can't call him a world champ. CoD is the main esport I watch and OpTic is my favorite team, but until he wins a world championship you can't call him a world champ.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Until he wins the world championship you can't call him a world champ. CoD is the main esport I watch and OpTic is my favorite team, but until he wins a world championship you can't call him a world champ.

Exactly. That would be like calling Steph Curry an NBA champion a year ago before he'd won it all. He wasn't a champion until he won it. Still a great player on a dominant team, but had never finished the ultimate goal.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Agreed.

Champion caliber player for sure.  

Like ok...

BTH in 09 didn't win a single event...Save for the National Championships.  So having all those event wins is great and does show consistency...but you need that big W for such a title.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone should pay attention to Chosen Legacy and Revan. Insanely good player finally finding a good team. Looking for them to take this Tourney(Latin America) easy. Oh and he didn't die once in the last series. 

Biebs (revan) is a cool kid, but he's average. With Dany though, that should easily be the best team from down there, EASILY. We (mat & i) have been close online friends & "teammates" for like 6 years, until he moved to Mexico to be with his girl & the rest of our team retired from Halo. I'd be pretty happy for him though if they did well. I know his teammate Dany is pretty solid.

(If you look at my profile, we made a team-tage back in reach, have it linked in there. Matt was a beast at Reach... when he wasn't complaining anyways lol)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Biebs (revan) is a cool kid, but he's average. With Dany though, that should easily be the best team from down there, EASILY. We (mat & i) have been close online friends & "teammates" for like 6 years, until he moved to Mexico to be with his girl & the rest of our team retired from Halo. I'd be pretty happy for him though if they did well. I know his teammate Dany is pretty solid.

(If you look at my profile, we made a team-tage back in reach, have it linked in there. Matt was a beast at Reach... when he wasn't complaining anyways lol)

Listed and I LAN'd with Matt, he was such a cool dude. I had no idea that was him, now I'm going to closely follow this event. I really want to see him do well, he's been very good in past Halo's.

• Upvote (+1) 2

OT, but are you the same Philosopher that won my XBL 12-month raffle a few years back? Just curious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

OT, but are you the same Philosopher that won my XBL 12-month raffle a few years back? Just curious.

I am. The Halo community has actually been great to me and given me a lot of stuff over my 10 year stay here. It's partly why i love you'll so much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It has been over 2 months since they last updated the prize pool. They went from updating it every couple of weeks to now going 2 months without saying anything except that it is "still growing." strange. Now they can announce any number and we will have no way of telling if they kept the percentages the same or anything. Kinda shady on their part to proclaim crowd-funding and then keep that crowd in the dark for so long.