CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Have to agree with this, big RNG fan but it gets a little frustrating. After a loss the first voice you hear is almost always Ninja's, and he often gets so lost in his own points that none of the rest of RNG have time to say anything before the next game starts and it's all "let's move on and focus on the next map". Obviously this just my view of it but I was wondering if anyone else had noticed it. 

Also that Formal video is the shit, so many good points. Link for anyone interested:

that advice is coming from a world champion cod player and former halo event winner. ninja has a halo world champion on his team! im hoping he's taking full advantage of the archive of information in vicx's head. renegades is an awesome team to watch, id love to see em be a dark horse in regionals and hwc. its pretty much a race for 3rd at this point

This is amazing, BigTimer been on that roster can bring us some good outreach and awesome content.

This is amazing, BigTimer been on that roster can bring us some good outreach and awsome content.

Plus, for those who don't know much about him, he's absolutely hilarious.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wow, americans in the chat are making the US look EVEN MORE racist, ignorant, and entitled than we are.

shocking...i wonder what those kids look like they behind those keyboards... :rolleyes:

fuckin pathetic

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Just watched OpTic's announce video for BigTymer being the coach and god am I shuddering just hearing them talk about coaching.

1. Insisting that BigTymer's only role is going to be to call out Camo times
  2. Telling him that the Weapons/Camo/OS spawn in the same place on each mode
  3. Insisting that he doesn't have to pay much attention to the four screens
  4. Not knowing the number of maps that they are playing on

real coach would improve OpTic 100x with their positioning and setups but instead they are choosing an OpTic face to I guess get more support from in-house fans?

Big mistake and FS/Maniacs commentary showed that they really don't know what they are doing heading into Regionals.

I agree. I asked @@Towey what he thought about it when I was in his stream a couple nights ago and he said he thinks it's good. He said it's just as important to have a coach you trust as it is to have a more knowledgeable coach. He said that's primarily all they'll need him to do is timers.

Then he mentioned later in the stream how valuable good coaches are and how they don't show up on the stat sheet.

Now I'm pretty confused.

• Upvote (+1) 1

just for the record i have mod powers in the twitch chat and am trying my best to combat the idiots 

Major uphill battle, you're doing God's work

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wow, americans in the chat are making the US look EVEN MORE racist, ignorant, and entitled than we are.

343 need to put more effort into their Twitch channel during broadcasts, a bunch of pro's are modded but they're not always around and shouldn't be expected or relied on to mod a chat of thousands. A few weeks ago chat was taken over by swastika spam for like 5 minutes after people realised there were no moderators. Plus, putting 4 emotes or using caps will get you timed out for 10 minutes. It's a competition, heaven forbid someone use caps during a clutch play or throw some team or player emotes in to show support and build hype in chat. It's like asking everyone to remain seated and not shout during a sports event. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

that advice is coming from a world champion cod player and former halo event winner. ninja has a halo world champion on his team! im hoping he's taking full advantage of the archive of information in vicx's head. renegades is an awesome team to watch, id love to see em be a dark horse in regionals and hwc. its pretty much a race for 3rd at this point

Formal isn't a world champion cod player.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ninja has a halo world champion on his team! im hoping he's taking full advantage of the archive of information in vicx's head.

I don't know why people keep talking about VictoryX as if he's some "leader guru".  If anything, everything I've seen suggests that he's an enabler of shitty attitudes, he even partakes regularly himself by moping and complaining during matches.  He's spent the last ~4-5 years since Reach enabling Fearitself's bad attitude, stemming all the way back to that FiS/VicX/Ninja/Totz "Final Boss" team that imploded.  Every team he's been on since then with FiS/Hysteria has been a whirlwind of bickering.  He seems to just laugh it off because I don't think I've ever seen him try and force any sort of change himself.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I don't know why people keep talking about VictoryX as if he's some "leader guru".  If anything, everything I've seen suggests that he's an enabler of shitty attitudes, he even partakes regularly himself by moping and complaining during matches.  He's spent the last ~4-5 years since Reach enabling Fearitself's bad attitude, stemming all the way back to that FiS/VicX/Ninja/Totz "Final Boss" team that imploded.  Every team he's been on since then with FiS/Hysteria has been a whirlwind of bickering.  He seems to just laugh it off because I don't think I've ever seen him try and force any sort of change himself.

Knightyknight talked about a wealth of "information" in Victory X's head. Yet, you replied by talking about how he hasn't stopped his teammates from having shitty attitudes. I'm not sure I follow.

There is only so much someone can do with a FiS/Hysteria combo, or a Hysteria/Ninja combo, or a FiS/Ninja combo. 

Anyone who has watched his stream for these last few seasons knows that he has made comments about their "bitching", their "attitudes", their "bickering". But they don't change.

Maybe he is at fault for after 3+ years of being with these players who complain more than construct for not doing EVERYTHING to try and change their personalities. But sometimes people are just the way they are, and will not change. (Especially being how young some of these kids are)

Laughing it off is probably a mistake, and I do believe he should be more assertive. At the end of the day his team could use some leadership. And he has the potential to be the best leader on that team.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Laughing it off is probably a mistake, and I do believe he should be more assertive. At the end of the day his team could use some leadership. And he has the potential to be the best leader on that team.

My point is pretty simple: he's never really shown to be a "leader", so I don't see why anyone expects him to play that role all of a sudden.  He's as guilty as anyone else on that team for "tilting" and harboring team tension, but of course no one on here will ever call him out on it because he won some events with 2gre and Ola on everyone's favourite team back in the good ole' days.  This team has neither FiS nor Hysteria on it and yet it suffers from the same problems.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just an idea, @@CyReN @@Saucey I think you guys should have a thread dedicated to Beyond Tournaments Discussions (Or is there one i don't know of?)

We used to do them but people liked continuing the discussions, so we figured the best route would just be by seasons. Plus, I like always having 1 thread we can reference to users and on social media.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Need one for tournament. Message me on here if interested. Average players. Not sweaty and only doing for fun (obviously trying to win but not uber tryhard).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also that Formal video is the shit, so many good points. Link for anyone interested:

Very good video and Formal is exactly right on everything he said. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anybody familiar with the Mexico scene? Are there any teams in Latin America that are actual threats for NA teams?

Top mexicans team could beat Top 16 NA, Top 8 i don't think so. Maybe if they are much better on LAN than Online.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Top mexicans team could beat Top 16 NA, Top 8 i don't think so. Maybe if they are much better on LAN than Online.

I wonder about this.

People never thought it was possible a team like Epsilon could beat RNG, but they did. Other regions are catching up.

Next year's HWC will be much better than this year.

Imagine a non-US team winning HWC in the next few years.  :flames:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

#9 Seed - Triggers Pound Breakdown for Regionals

Hysteria

tva3t5F.jpg

Cloud

3uTbiin.jpg

Assault

g7nfAC6.jpg

Danoxide

KRyndhr.jpg