CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

1-50 was perfect till late 2009/early 2010. Then it just became the reason people host booted, boosted with negative XP accounts or on new tags to get unbalanced games, idled, etc etc etc. Then 1-50 ruined the game because it just encouraged cheating to get it. Not to mention bought 50's ruining matchmaking by teaming with legit players. It was just a nightmare.

I loved 1-50 and I'm still proud of getting to 50 in every playlist that meant something even though it's pointless in the grand scheme of things. For real though, I think we're all forgetting just how unplayable H3 was because of people using nefarious means to get their little 50 on their tag.

I still enjoyed that grind to get to that 50 over me playing 10 matches and boom I'm in Oynx.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

1-50 was perfect till late 2009/early 2010. Then it just became the reason people host booted, boosted with negative XP accounts or on new tags to get unbalanced games, idled, etc etc etc. Then 1-50 ruined the game because it just encouraged cheating to get it. Not to mention bought 50's ruining matchmaking by teaming with legit players. It was just a nightmare.

I loved 1-50 and I'm still proud of getting to 50 in every playlist that meant something even though it's pointless in the grand scheme of things. For real though, I think we're all forgetting just how unplayable H3 was because of people using nefarious means to get their little 50 on their tag. 

Without cheating (which wouldn't happen today), Halo 2 had the best ranking system. It was hard as fuck to get a 50 and everyone that did was damn good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Without cheating (which wouldn't happen today), Halo 2 had the best ranking system. It was hard as fuck to get a 50 and everyone that did cheated.

Fixed that for you

• Upvote (+1) 8

Fixed that for you

No not everybody. I knew some legit people in that area, that were just very good.

Of course that wasn't very common. I could only get to 36-38.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No not everybody. I knew some legit people in that area, that were just very good.

I don't believe that. Because if they weren't being cheated at that Lvl it's because they were bridging host to themselves, which is cheating.
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Of course that wasn't very common. I could only get to 36-38.

No you didn't. They bridged host. There's no way they got all the way to 50 without having host, and they didn't just "get lucky" enough to get host that many times in a row.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd suppose there is a reason.....maybe teasing something in the works.

probably picking up overdrive.  Kephrii seems to think we will be excited by whatever happens at regionals

Champion rankings is fine the way it is. The issue that will come up if you "held" your rank position is people that get champion and never play it again to keep that rank. Having the top 200 change daily is a great way to keep people playing the game.

A nice addition 343 could do would be to show highest achieved rank in your service record in game so that you have something to show off when someone inspects you (eg. Halo 3)

Edit. I can show off my Champion 154 in Rumble Rockets  :trash:  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I won't de rail the topic anymore after this but this talk of ranks reminded me of that time Naded and Legit lost a game at level 49 on H2 for their 50 game and one of them smashed their controller up. Something like that anyway. The good old days. 

I can only recall Naded having a legit h2 50. Anyone else I saw with one or knew had one cheated in one way or another. 

/Edit. Yeah, Naded got a legit 50 in Hardcore, what a beast. It's fun browsing old H2/H3 games on bungie.net. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Towey posted a lot of EG's scrim analyses from the last two nights on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRyanTowey/videos

Snakebite also just posted a gameplay that had a Q/A in it and he went 48-9:

Support our pros/coaches, make sure you at least open all these to give them a view if you don't have time to watch the whole things!

• Upvote (+1) 5

So whats the "Out of Element" portion of it mean?

tumblr_n704k6qnzH1smcbm7o1_250.gif

It means I was 17.

BELOVED!

You gon get this work.  :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk. I got 50 in dubs and ts a handful of times and mostly played on a 50 on a few different accounts in the MLG playlist. I really didn't get host booted more than ~50 times in something like 15,000-20,000 games total. 

tumblr_n704k6qnzH1smcbm7o1_250.gif

It means I was 17.

You gon get this work.  :prayers:

Thanks for clearing that up. Didnt know if it was something to do with T2 moving into owning an org opposed to trying to compete. Hence the "Out of element".

Most of 2008 and 2009 FB wasn't at that level. He's consistently been on a top 2 team since 2010 besides the first reach event.

I mean technically not h4 though I don't really remember him ever competing in any of the AGL tourneys.