CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I know Roy might be done after H5 is old news but I thought he meant when H6 comes out. It sounds like he might retire after this season? Is that correct?

Said H5 was his last game.

As a huge Roy fan this breaks my heart. Seeing my favorite player retire for good is quite sad. But If he does retire, I want him to retire winning the biggest halo event In history

Something cool will probably happen tonight  :intel:

Team Beyond wind breakers? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

We host 1v1s and 2v2s every month. So far it has been a great way for unknown players to show their skills.

Also all of our tournaments are free to enter, the only thing people need to do is make a free account on Beyond to play. Pretty low barrier of entry.

I hope I didn't come off rude, or like I was attacking you guys. I know the barrier of entry is low as well.

It was a legitimate question of "Would having AM only tournaments be beneficial to the scene at all?"

With Halo, the competition aspect was taken to another level. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thrown a controller across the room in anger or roared in excitement after a well-placed frag got me a triple kill. My mom would always know when I came upstairs from the basement whether or not I had moved up in rank or moved down. 

Had to have been H2 on XBL by the way he was talking about it. Crazy to think, one of H2/H3's most popular aspects was just thrown to the wayside by the developer. I wonder if he was into oldschool MLG competitions lol. Hayward seems like a smart guy, always liked him as a player sine his Butler days when he almost sank that half-court shot to beat Duke in the national championship game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

These stats include the time that the players spent on previous teams, right?

All online cups and all ladder matches that the player participated in that were vs Notable Teams.

If Roy is out looking for an EG halo house I have a feeling he may not be retiring... Right?

They could be leasing it for a year, or half a year (is that a thing?). I'm tempted to think he will retire when H5 is at the end of its lifespan though, not after this season.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Roy is out looking for an EG halo house I have a feeling he may not be retiring... Right?

Managing Halo team for EG?

It's probably something EG would invest in for the future regardless of who is on the team.

Roy is one of my favorite players - definitely wouldn't be the same without him.

always liked him as a player sine his Butler days when he almost sank that half-court shot to beat Duke in the national championship game.

Dude fuck you.  Ive been a season ticket holder and fan for about 10 years now and was AT those two final four games that year.  I literally stood there in the crowd in disbelief for like half an hour.  Still hits me right in the feels.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Him and his brother are closing in on a decade of competing. I surely wouldn't be surprised to see some of the older players transition from halo to something else. Regardless I think Roy is great for this community. Professional, mature, willing to help players etc. def will be sad to see him retire

It pleases me enormously that Puckett is casting at Regionals.

Also, I'd love to see some "all star" matches that are Halo 1 and 2 (classic)

But that's asking a bit much...

From MCC...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude fuck you.  Ive been a season ticket holder and fan for about 10 years now and was AT those two final four games that year.  I literally stood there in the crowd in disbelief for like half an hour.  Still hits me right in the feels.

I was pulling for Butler as hard as anyone that year. Would of been like a Carbon vs Final Boss 2006 nationals level upset  :simms:

Now I want March Madness to begin RIGHT now, best sporting event of the year imo.

I love the article, but now it has me questioning if Snipedown is still good at tennis..

• Upvote (+1) 3

Heard it was going to be more like the older cods(nojumpy jet packy wall runny stuff.)  Could be wrong though.

Its still IW lol

3arch is the only good CoD Dev.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1