CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I can't force myself to buy any org merch because of how often players change teams.

My reasoning exactly.

Off Topic but I just looked at my profile and realized I was the 61st registered user on this site  :flames:  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 3

My reasoning exactly.

Off Topic but I just looked at my profile and realized I was the 61st registered user on this site  :flames:  :weback:

Where do you go to see that? Only thing I see is when I registered

Friday—Doors open at 4:30pm, last match is scheduled to start at 10:30pm

Saturday—Doors open at 9:30am, last match is scheduled to start at 7:00pm

Sunday—Doors open at 9:30am, last match is scheduled to start at 5:30pm

Those are the times in case anyone was interested. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

If I wanted to play slayer on fathom I'd play slayer on Fathom. They turned it into an asymmetrical map with a beam rifle and fuel rod... No. The hallway connecting blue to top mid is useless as it's a death trap. When you spawn you have no angles to help any teammates what so ever. You take three steps and either get fueled or sniped in the mouth. Random lifts taking you to top middle. THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES THE MAP GOOD IS THE H2 BR. Lol.

Regret is Symmetrical, rewards your team for spawn trapping and controlling overshield. In order to break a set up you need to work together. Riptide would be way too random and would rely on random plays to accomplish anything.

343 needs to stop making "inspired maps." They take a map like Plaza, turn it into overgrowth and make it trash, Then they take Fathom and turn it into Riptide... Again, making it trash. They need to just make COMPLETELY NEW maps in order for them to be competitive. Sorry I don't want to play bad, "inspired" maps when I can just play on the originals that work 1000x better.

Yeah, but like...original maps inherently require originality...and like, creativity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where do you go to see that? Only thing I see is when I registered

Look at the URL of your profile page.

From a viewer perspective Bo11 is a horrendous experience. Bo7 is as far as that should go before you get viewer fatigue. Let's not push our luck here.

X Games was the exception to the rule and typically a Bo7 is too much to ask as well but the game was really good. you won't get that all the time.

Agree with @@GoldenboyFTW I think at the very LEAST they should be BO5. And then for semis and finals they should be BO7.

BTW, @@GoldenboyFTW what happened to whole loser bracket concept? I kind of liked watching teams fight their way through the loser bracket, and then go to the finals.  What happened??

I hope 343 sells some new weapon skins when Regionals start.

• Upvote (+1) 2

figured I'd drop this here. Was messing around in photoshop today and made this. If any other pros need one for there stream let me know :) It's been a while since I've made some graphics but I still got it ;)

16liadu.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

Agree with @@GoldenboyFTW I think at the very LEAST they should be BO5. And then for semis and finals they should be BO7.

BTW, @@GoldenboyFTW what happened to whole loser bracket concept? I kind of liked watching teams fight their way through the loser bracket, and then go to the finals.  What happened??

Personally, I don't know since I'm not involved in that decision but I think esports has leaned toward this extended series ruleset because it makes for a clearer understanding of the bracket layout. 

You typically don't see things like LB's in traditional sports and for timing reasons it's something that could be cut in favor of a longer series. I don't necessarily agree with it but this is the direction that all esports is heading toward because it's logical. Back then a losers bracket was a way to justify you spending X amount of money to attend an event and compete but with most tournaments being pro-focused that's not needed anymore.

That's my take on it anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Hey guys, 

I host a weekly radio show every week in Canada called "The Gaming Council" (Been doing it for few years) that airs across most of the university radio stations across the country

Its an hour long program in where my cohost and I talk about the gaming news going on that week. We touch base with all sorts of games

We also have a guest that will join us on the episode to chat. This week's guest is going to be Roy from EG.

So if anyone has any hotseat questions, or any Halo specific questions you would like us to ask, just quote below. (Keep in mind the viewership is mostly casual, so no bo3 or bo5 questions)

Thanks!

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just saw Predator from Denial posted on twitter that he just got a care package from Denial and HyperX.

I'd imagine it was sent before he put them on blast yesterday. I wonder how that played out behind closed doors.

That's quite the apology from him :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Personally, I don't know since I'm not involved in that decision but I think esports has leaned toward this extended series ruleset because it makes for a clearer understanding of the bracket layout. 

You typically don't see things like LB's in traditional sports and for timing reasons it's something that could be cut in favor of a longer series. I don't necessarily agree with it but this is the direction that all esports is heading toward because it's logical. Back then a losers bracket was a way to justify you spending X amount of money to attend an event and compete but with most tournaments being pro-focused that's not needed anymore.

That's my take on it anyway.

With all that being said, this is why I've always preferred the pool play approach. Even if the matches within the pools aren't Bo5's, I believe that allowing matches between all the teams in their respective pools is the most "pro-focused." It helps with growing the scene by showing all the faces and how teams would do against certain matchups. However, I also believe that Halo definitely needs to have double elimination or better rule-sets for online tournaments. Too many people had to deal with grievances this season, which resulted in harsh opinions on the entire online aspect of this season.

Whichever the case, I believe Halo will have a more promising turnout next season as long as some of these things are more carefully implemented.

• Upvote (+1) 1

User number 50 lets go! #Day1Boiz

You literally registered 1 minute before me lol.

And yeah an apology from Devonator would be nice

Hey guys, 

I host a weekly radio show every week in Canada called "The Gaming Council" (Been doing it for few years) that airs across most of the university radio stations across the country

Its an hour long program in where my cohost and I talk about the gaming news going on that week. We touch base with all sorts of games

We also have a guest that will join us on the episode to chat. This week's guest is going to be Roy from EG.

So if anyone has any hotseat questions, or any Halo specific questions you would like us to ask, just quote below. (Keep in mind the viewership is mostly casual, so no bo3 or bo5 questions)

Thanks! 

Super casual question.  It came to me when I was reading through the Shadow Run thread and thought to myself "Man, I wish i checked this game out before."

So I guess the question is "whats a game you always wanted to check out/play but never got around to?"

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1