CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Unless it's in the contract, Denial isn't obligated to give them shit. They are investing their name & brand into a very small return market, so you can't expect the investment to be very big. The players already get to use the Denial brand to build up their own brand (and if they don't they are dumb). They get (maybe?) a small monthly salary, and have their trips to regional's totally paid for.  If you ask me, for the 4 players they currently have signed, that's all the investment, Denial, should be making for regional's. The players on Denial have almost nothing to offer in return, except showing up to regional's. Non of them are big streamers, non of them are big community contributors or make/put out any serious content, in any way. Besides showing up to regional's to play a hand full of games, these players bring nothing to increase brand awareness for Denial. So why would they invest anymore than they already have? Cause i wouldn't...

As for Denial being scumbags and trying to dip out on some promised salary; That's complete garbage, and Denial should be put on blast by every esports community for crap like that. Definitely not very professional for a professional esports organization.

Oh, and, Optic should lan Winterfox. Winterfox is all going to be in Chicago by this weekend for their own little practice boot camp before regional's. Would be great for both teams.

Seems like we are on the same page.

Unless we have some sort of confirmation that they were to provide various things and have failed, let's not jump to putting them on blast. (Even if they've goofed in the past).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Unless it's in the contract, Denial isn't obligated to give them shit. They are investing their name & brand into a very small return market, so you can't expect the investment to be very big. The players already get to use the Denial brand to build up their own brand (and if they don't they are dumb). They get (maybe?) a small monthly salary, and have their trips to regional's totally paid for.  If you ask me, for the 4 players they currently have signed, that's all the investment, Denial, should be making for regional's. The players on Denial have almost nothing to offer in return, except showing up to regional's. Non of them are big streamers, non of them are big community contributors or make/put out any serious content, in any way. Besides showing up to regional's to play a hand full of games, these players bring nothing to increase brand awareness for Denial. So why would they invest anymore than they already have? Cause i wouldn't...

As for Denial being scumbags and trying to dip out on some promised salary; That's complete garbage, and Denial should be put on blast by every esports community for crap like that. Definitely not very professional for a professional esports organization.

Oh, and, Optic should lan Winterfox. Winterfox is all going to be in Chicago by this weekend for their own little practice boot camp before regional's. Would be great for both teams.

Nailed it. NAILED it.

Regardless of what Denial should or shouldn't be doing, that was extremely dumb and immature of Devon. That's not the kind of thing you do publicly.

Nailed it again.

Not only is he hurting himself under his current brand, but other sponsors will see and it might affect his potential sponsorship. Publicly shaming YOUR sponsor is probably the dumbest thing you could do under sponsorship. I'd terminate ASAP. That being said, Denial's administration needs some reform in the first place and everybody knows that...I dont know what he was expecting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Regardless of what Denial should or shouldn't be doing, that was extremely dumb and immature of Devon. That's not the kind of thing you do publicly.

This.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty wild right? It's incredibly disrespectful to steal the FB logo and use it for your org that couldn't even qualify for HWC

Imagine if they did qualify for worlds, I highly doubt mlg would have let them use the logo

Also as a graphic designer I think stealing someone else's work is the worst thing you can do

Fuck me, not the Final Boss logo. Unfortunately this has been going on for a while with COD teams ripping former Halo teams names and branding.  Do a Twitter search for "Carbon Esports" , "Team Carbon" or "Carbon Gaming".  A few of those ORGs at one point had 1 for 1 rip offs of the Carbon logo.  These "CEOs" are shameless.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's the @Spartan I know. Doesn't react when he does something sick as fuck. Glad he's back.

I've been watching Halo 11 years and I've never seen someone play so composed. #SpartanTheRobot

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll be the first to admit I used to like scream like an annoying brat. I just learned it's better not to.

Act like you've been there before. Good attitude to have.

When did you stop I heard you through the sound proof booth multiple times at X games?

LOL

Devon trying to get those freebies after seeing they have nV and EG in Pool C.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe it's just me. But it takes balls to go after someone for stealing a logo you stole yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 5

MLG still makes money off of the Final Boss IP. Dumb ass people.

I also just saw a tweet of them using a wiki page of Final Boss, saying the team broke up in 2011 and was last sponsored by compLexity gaming as justification. So they are just an extra special kind of stupid.

For anyone that isn't aware, MLG tried to orchestrate the coL god squad from CoD into becoming FB with red colors instead of blue. Didn't go through though.

Red instead of blue, thats what upsets me the most  :wutface:

I know coL are red but damn..

Did the Asia qualifier 'Aftermath' change their name to 'Skyfire'?  Is that a known org?

halo.gg

According to Skyfire's twitter they're an Australian based org soo, error?

https://twitter.com/teamskf

*Edit*

No, the players from Aftermath descriptions say they are under Skyfire now.

Weird there wasn't an announcement?

https://twitter.com/SKF_Axis

https://twitter.com/SKF_BLaQkRoW

*Edit2*

Apparently it wasn't an easy decision

https://twitter.com/SKF_Axis/status/696982844271243265

Remember though, we didn't make the sponsors happy.  :salt:

And that we were r-e-t-a-r-t-e-d  :(

• Upvote (+1) 7

r-e-t-a-r-t-e-d? why would they think that?   :kappa:

:apg:  :simms:

That's how the Denial "CEO" spelled it fyi. 

• Upvote (+1) 4