CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just going to throw this out there for all those NA Regionals teams again...

Any teams still looking for a coach? I'm still a free agent.

wut.... why...

Lol, Christ, I love Formal as much as the next guy, but formal is no where near as good as the top players.

Could he if he played as much as everybody? Fuck yes, I agree. Right now though he's not good in comparison. He's playing with some good people.

I agree, he has a good shot, but people in his chat are saying he's as good as Snip3down & Naded  :wutface:  Jesus christ.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still can't take OpTic halo seriously they need to perform on lan against Pro teams before I give them praise. Not trying to come off as a dick

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Was hoping to see Hecz give Flame and Maniac props in the video, but guess it was late in the night when they won.

He did show some love in his vlog though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there a place on this thread or site that covers the non-NA qualifiers (since this is the main HWC thread)? Just a thought, am curious.

Basically, where to find links to scores / results of EMEA / ANZ / APAC regional finals. I get that most of the people here are only interested in the NA scene, but it would be good to have something. Or are mods just currently waiting for the NA ones to finish before putting some stuff for the HWC as a whole? (not being critical, just wondering) No need to have articles and OQ stuff (since the scene is much smaller overseas), just links like on the first post to the regional tournament results or something.

I was looking at Halotracker for some scrim results earlier and I saw even they pulled a graphic from Halo. Generally I find MLG / ESL to be a clusterfuck (and especially with Halo Waypoint) since things are either not website-optimized or are extremely difficult to locate (hidden links, etc). I come to TB to catch up on my HWC needs with a limited schedule and it would be cool to have some non-NA stuff (where possible). For example, I heard Immunity and Exile 5 were decent teams (and of course the EMEA ones are no slouches either), but I've had to literally go on Twitter easter egg hunts to find out who these players / teams generally are over the past couple days since I couldn't catch all the action on stream.

You can check a lot of that stuff on the hall esportspedia page is that what you mean?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still can't take OpTic halo seriously they need to perform on lan against Pro teams before I give them praise. Not trying to come off as a dick

So you only take 6/16 teams that are in the NA HWC Regionals serious?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah, it's kinda crazy not to take them serious at this point. They actually have a legitimate shot at getting out of their pool.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ya? Are those the team you want to beat if you are not in the top 6? If you can't compete against those top 6 then you have nothing to be proud about. No one ever should be complacent if you are not in the top 6 or 4 teams hell you can even say if you are not #1.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Ya? Are those the team you want to beat if you are not in the top 6? If you can't compete against those top 6 then you have nothing to be proud about. No one ever should be complacent if you are not in the top 6 or 4 teams hell you can even say if you are not #1.

Sooooo you'd take Dream Team over nV right now?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sooooo you'd take Dream Team over nV right now?

Well unfortunately some teams got screwed over in the team change debacle so my opinion can't always be the case. Anyway this was purely about OpTic halo not impressing by beating the teams in the LCQ. If you want to have another convo message me lol

Pretty good series of money 8's: Stellur, Roy, Flamesword, & el Town vs DanyKnight, Assault, Ninja & Snakebite.

Snakebite's team is up 3-0, best of 7

Good to see some pro 8's going down & change of pace from the warzone/arena streams when teams aren't on, seems like 8's rarely go down in the scene. The LAN network is missed :(

http://www.twitch.tv/roy

http://www.twitch.tv/ninja

http://www.twitch.tv/assault

• Upvote (+1) 7

Are you the FeaR from h3 who played with Classic? 

What happened to that guy if not? I remember he was great the first few events then just stopped. He was a MM god though. Always beat me. 

So you're not taking the other 10 teams that wasn't invited to X games seriously either?
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are you the FeaR from h3 who played with Classic?

What happened to that guy if not? I remember he was great the first few events then just stopped. He was a MM god though. Always beat me.

Nope! I get that a lot though haha he pretty much disappeared after he joined ambush in 09. Ant, FeaR, and Soldier all just retired after h3.

Was hoping to see Hecz give Flame and Maniac props in the video, but guess it was late in the night when they won.

He did show some love in his vlog though.

yeah I thought this too at first, but like you said, his post-lcq vlog probably captured everything he could say about it

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sounds familiar...

• Upvote (+1) 2

So you're not taking the other 10 teams that wasn't invited to X games seriously either?

No, because those teams have beaten other top teams.

eLevate, EnVy, Winterfox, and more have made it to the Top 4/Top 8 of Qualifiers. OpTic has not done much other than take a few games off in scrims.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Pretty good series of money 8's: Stellur, Roy, Flamesword, & el Town vs DanyKnight, Assault, Ninja & Snakebite.

Snakebite's team is up 3-0, best of 7

Good to see some pro 8's going down & change of pace from the warzone/arena streams when teams aren't on, seems like 8's rarely go down in the scene. The LAN network is missed :(

http://www.twitch.tv/roy

http://www.twitch.tv/ninja

http://www.twitch.tv/assault

Snakebite's team won 4-1 in the end. New series now & MoNnSteR just replaced DanyK.

It's Ninja, Snakebite, el Town & Assault vs Flamesword, Stellur, Roy & Monster

Ninja and Flame got $100 on the series that's about to start.

Ninja, Assualt, El Town and Snakebite vs. Flamesword, Roy, Stellur and Monstcr

giphy.gif

Ninja and Flame got $100 on the series that's about to start.

Ninja, Assualt, El Town and Snakebite vs. Flamesword, Roy, Stellur and Monstcr

giphy.gif

Dang that game 1 was intense!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know this isn't really the place to do this, but does anyone who is onyx 1600+ want to play arena with me.  Im losing my fucking mind and i just want to play good halo, solo queue is a complete gamble, and unfortunately my gambling is not paying off at all.  No matter how good i do, the people doing bad just quit anyway so i dont even have an option to carry.  Not to mention no one has a mic ever.  its either you destroy the other team or get destroyed, and unfortunately it has very little to do with skill sometimes, not to mention i barely even have the opportunity to get better cuz 60% of the games you get in solo queue are complete trash.

Probably better to ask in the H5 discussion thread...