CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah, definitely. Captain Anarchy is probably the only other player still playing besides Ogre 2 that competed in H1 events (someone correct me if I'm wrong). 

T2

• Upvote (+1) 1

Surely MLG just can't decide for them?. Even at LANs, I've seen they always give the team that "won" the option to replay.

MLG absolutely needs to have the final say on this. They should have a ruleset for this exact situation, and they should enforce it. Hanging the players out to dry and have them decide the fate of the competition is ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Invite both of these teams out to regionals and have them play for the last spot on LAN. problem solved + guaranteed great opening viewership

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh shit okay. What's the official rule on it? Like in the rule book

In a SH game if there is a lag out, you keep playing. The player can be invited back to the game. TS is the only game mode that is auto DQ in the event of a lag out.

IIRC, Optic could forfeit them/take the win, but chose to be good sports and replay instead.

Not sure how this'll go down, haha. You'll likely have time to hop into flamesword's stream and catch the results.

Not a very good comparison when FS has the entire force of optic in the finals of a qualifier to decide if they qualify for the HCS regionals and there's no cod matches tonight... as much as I love Halo there is still quite the bit of time before halo gets to a similar size to cod.

Its a joke dude... 

I don't think the decision should ever be left up to the players in a situation like this, it should be a clear cut decision by the tournament officials.

Agreed. Your ruleset is unreasoned if you allow players the chance to follow rules or not. Think critically about your rules and stick to them.

Oh shit okay. What's the official rule on it? Like in the rule book

The rule if someone lags out in an objective is to continue playing. Optic did that and won but they're trying to replay

"12 year old in his chat" was Commonly apparently, you might have heard of him

just because commonly said something doesn't mean it's true. if there is solid evidence that PROVES it then thats that.

Halo MLG stream now has OG vs Legendary - Game 1

They must have communicated they were replaying to MLG.

just because commonly said something doesn't mean it's true. if there is solid evidence that PROVES it then thats that.

Yeah man because everyone here is saying its true!

T2

Agreed. Your ruleset is unreasoned if you allow players the chance to follow rules or not. Think critically about your rules and stick to them.

What T2 perhaps means is that MLG can't give OpTic a victory without at least asking OPTIC if they want to replay. Which is correct, imo. Obviously the players shouldn't decide on their own if they won or not, but they should be given the option to demonstrate good sportsmanship.