CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Commonly

Shot him and the rest of EG a tweet.

If you could facilitate this I'd owe you forever!

@@Commonly

Also, would you be interested in doing one of these? :)

@@Randa

Ogre 2 is always a good option. Would be legendary if you can but anybody in current top 15 would be good.

Edit: like Randa said, Commonly is good. You should try any new rising talents like Frosty, Stellur, Suspector, etc. it will help us learn more about them.

Note taken! I like the idea of focusing on new pros, I'll see what I can do!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dang, Optic was down 10 in a slayer against Elevate and came back to win by 10. Communication is great, too. If Optic wins the LCQ and they start grinding I can see them pulling off some upsets at Regionals or even Worlds.

Honestly the 16th seed pool could be a blessing in disguise for them, they would need to play dream team, assault + danoxide + hysteria + cloud, and AE. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Put newcomers in the spotlight more. Commonly, frosty, randa, Spartan, Stellur, etc.

Though maybe I'm just behind the Halo scene as I haven't watched a Halo event since 2012 besides X Games but those names are all new to me

It's one of those things where, if you follow the scene closely, you'll recognize all of those. Randa/Frosty/Spartan especially since they all got top 8 multiple times.

Definitely should be some more focus on the young guns, because some of these guys are really damn good and people just don't know.

Optic looks pretty good, I'll be disappointed if they don't qualify. Hopefully they don't run into any BS on Saturday.

i hope the pro league isn't like the LCS where pro players can only participate in the official league

would suck if pros couldn't participate in beyond 2v2s and other 3rd party tournaments 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i hope the pro league isn't like the LCS where pro players can only participate in the official league

would suck if pros couldn't participate in beyond 2v2s and other 3rd party tournaments 

I don't think MS is that anal... let's hope

It's so sad that instead of saying, "I hope Optic can beat out the other teams," we're saying, "I hope Optic doesn't get fucked over by host booting." Really hope that we never have online qualifiers done like this again (or better yet, no online qualifiers).

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's so sad that instead of saying, "I hope Optic can beat out the other teams," we're saying, "I hope Optic doesn't get fucked over by host booting." Really hope that we never have online qualifiers done like this again (or better yet, no online qualifiers).

Optic has had a rough time in these online qualifiers man. I would be so down if I was them honestly. Props to them for getting a team and grinding.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fearitself teaming with Eccentrik Exemplify and Very Nerdy confirmed by Nerdy on Goldenboy's stream, probably OpTic's main rival. Would be a good finals matchup 

I wonder, at the end of the year, if they are going to be doing voting for things such as MVP, best power weapon controller, best shot, best sniper, etc. I enjoyed those back in Halo 3. In fact Halo 3 had a lot of great content until MLG decided to do away with all written content.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fearitself teaming with Eccentrik Exemplify and Very Nerdy confirmed by Nerdy on Goldenboy's stream, probably OpTic's main rival. Would be a good finals matchup 

Those two teams then Posey, Blaze, Burton and their fourth 

Anybody have any desire to see somebody specific in Spotlight #2?

Maybe some of our X-Games competitors?

Danoxide, King Nick, JessePeace, TireIron. Maybe some UK guys. Focus on the players we know nothing about. God knows how many Ogre2, Roybox and Pistola interviews there already are in the MLG archives.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Shot him and the rest of EG a tweet.

If you could facilitate this I'd owe you forever!

@@Commonly

Also, would you be interested in doing one of these? :)

@@Randa

Note taken! I like the idea of focusing on new pros, I'll see what I can do!

Shooter. Been watching him lately and dude is so chill. Interacts very well with chat. Never loses composure. And is sick at this game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What the heck has been going on with WFX? It seems like they're getting smashed in scrims....

They have been for the past while. When I last watched them like a week ago they were bitching about their teamwork being shit then got off early to review film.

Put newcomers in the spotlight more. Commonly, frosty, randa, Spartan, Stellur, etc.

Though maybe I'm just behind the Halo scene as I haven't watched a Halo event since 2012 besides X Games but those names are all new to me

Is frosty new? I swear there has been a Frosty around forever. Am I thinking of someone else?

Edit: I was thinking of iTz So Frosty, which is apparently the same guy. But he's only 18? Weird, I feel like I used to play him back in H3/Reach a lot. Guess it's reasonable that he was just a young guy at the time.

Is frosty new? I swear there has been a Frosty around forever. Am I thinking of someone else?

Edit: I was thinking of iTz So Frosty, which is apparently the same guy. But he's only 18? Weird, I feel like I used to play him back in H3/Reach a lot. Guess it's reasonable that he was just a young guy at the time.

There are two known Frostys. OG Frosty (who now goes by FrostyTheTruth) used to play on teams like Active Rush and Darkest Hour back in the H3/Reach days. iTz So Frosty only came around recently. His first event was in H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What the heck has been going on with WFX? It seems like they're getting smashed in scrims....

They have a lot to work on. Probably more than any other top 15 team. DomeRocked is proving to be a talented player, but he's playing at a whole new level of competition compared to what hes used to. You can see the hesitation in his play and it's having a big effect on the whole teams game. They are a step behind most the teams strategically right now. They will be a much better team by the time regional's happens. They got some real practice stuff planned for pretty soon from now. They'll be as prepared as they can be.

Danoxide, King Nick, JessePeace, TireIron. Maybe some UK guys. Focus on the players we know nothing about. God knows how many Ogre2, Roybox and Pistola interviews there already are in the MLG archives.

Shooter. Been watching him lately and dude is so chill. Interacts very well with chat. Never loses composure. And is sick at this game.

Seems like the overall consensus is to target newer pro players. I'll see what I can do!

Thanks for the feedback guys!

• Upvote (+1) 3