CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

57 stopped playing after the first H4 event despite 20 playing on... 57 came back after BoE. They placed 3rd at their first EU event after his return but have won every tourney since! Fairly impressive I'd say :)

Thanks for the mini history lesson! I appreciate it. Must have sucked for Reaction as soon as he saw 57 decide he wanted to come back. At that point you have to just think..."Fuck".

I think Epsilon will do well at the HWC. I can see them cracking Top 8, and pushing Top 6. It will take a lot to do though, but they really are talented. 

Yeah, I agree. I dont think teams from any region but the US is going to contest them. Just depends how they match up in the brackets I guess.

Does anybody know how the brackets for the HWC look? Like...What seed from what region plays who?

I think Epsilon will do well at the HWC. I can see them cracking Top 8, and pushing Top 6. It will take a lot to do though, but they really are talented. 

I can definitely see it. 

What I think the only problem they face is the lack of equal talent scrims.  Since everyone over there is playing 'catch up' as he put it they don't really have anyone to have barn burners with.  If they could scrim top NA teams without lag or connection being an issues i think they'd progress rapidly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would benefit Epsilon greatly to come to the US a few weeks before worlds and just scrim top NA teams every night leading up to the event. Could really see a huge jump for them.

Thanks for the mini history lesson! I appreciate it. Must have sucked for Reaction as soon as he saw 57 decide he wanted to come back. At that point you have to just think..."Fuck".

If I recall correctly Reaction actually quit... with Epsilon needing a 4th and most of the top players in EU locked up on squads 20 turned to his brother. They originally wanted to go with TuFoxy but I think contracts with TCM prevented it.

I can definitely see it. 

What I think the only problem they face is the lack of equal talent scrims.  Since everyone over there is playing 'catch up' as he put it they don't really have anyone to have barn burners with.  If they could scrim top NA teams without lag or connection being an issues i think they'd progress rapidly.

Dignitas beat Epsilon 9-0 before UK Champs... food for thought  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Epsilon really only have Dignitas to worry about closely followed by Infused. I truly believe Epsi possibly even Dig can break top 8 at worlds but it will be no easy feat, NA scene is still as dominant as ever and with practice teams like NV, Liquid and Renegades who Epsilon beat are only going to get better and better with practice.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I recall correctly Reaction actually quit... with Epsilon needing a 4th and most of the top players in EU locked up on squads 20 turned to his brother. They originally wanted to go with TuFoxy but I think contracts with TCM prevented it.

Dignitas beat Epsilon 9-0 before UK Champs... food for thought  :simms:

Epsilon really only have Dignitas to worry about closely followed by Infused. I truly believe Epsi possibly even Dig can break top 8 at worlds but it will be no easy feat, NA scene is still as dominant as ever and with practice teams like NV, Liquid and Renegades who Epsilon beat are only going to get better and better with practice.

You guys must be excited that we're on an England kick today :)

What parts are you guys from? I was raised in the West Sussex over in Worthing by Brighton.

You guys must be excited that we're on an England kick today :)

What parts are you guys from? I was raised in the West Sussex over in Worthing by Brighton.

Leeds Life. Northerner all the way up here in Winterfell.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Leeds Life. Northerner all the way up here in Winterfell.

But hey, on the plus side...you're close to the Lake District. I'd kill to be able to go hiking there frequently.

Sorry for the slight derail of the thread guys.

EG top 1.

Reality Check Top 16 in LCQ.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If I was Epsilon, where would I go to even secure a place in NA to scrim for a couple weeks? Surely there are places, but I can't think of any that would allow for such a temporary situation without charging a shit ton of money. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I worked over the weekend had have been avoiding the forums and Twitter to avoid X Games spoilers while I caught up. Finally finished the finals and I don't really have time to read through 155 pages of forum posts...

any big news highlights between the X Games finals and now?

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I was Epsilon, where would I go to even secure a place in NA to scrim for a couple weeks? Surely there are places, but I can't think of any that would allow for such a temporary situation without charging a shit ton of money. 

There are team houses, that I'm sure it wouldn't be such a big deal. Things like this happen in other eSports communities.

Maybe @@Jimbo can shed any light? Any plans for an NA boot camp Jimmy if you make it to worlds?

I'm sure they could work with an organization to use a team house/office.

Some of the EG players live together

Winterfox has Steel Series HQ in Chicago

Dream Team has 2 team houses for their other titles

and so forth and so forth.

Its possible. Not EASY, but possible.

EDIT: @@Noodle not really. Some drama with some athletes saying Halo shouldn't have been at the X-Games, pros complaining about being stuck in Aspen for a few extra days, You suck if you cant hit onyx playing alone, Epsilon top 8 at Worlds, and theirs a pro league confirmed after the HWC and another HWC next year. That should catch you up on the last few dozen pages.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I worked over the weekend had have been avoiding the forums and Twitter to avoid X Games spoilers while I caught up. Finally finished the finals and I don't really have time to read through 155 pages of forum posts...

any big news highlights between the X Games finals and now?

I heard rumors in Cntra's chat about Cloud 9 returning to Halo. I came into the chat late, but it seems like Cntra may have mentioned something about Cloud 9.

I heard rumors in Cntra's chat about Cloud 9 returning to Halo. I came into the chat late, but it seems like Cntra may have mentioned something about Cloud 9.

Hmm can you elaborate any more on this or this all you know?

Can't see em coming back. The only big team left would be triggers pound and there arguably worse than their old halo team back in h2a (in terms of probable placing).

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hmm can you elaborate any more on this or this all you know?

Can't see em coming back. The only big team left would be triggers pound and there arguably worse than their old halo team back in h2a (in terms of probable placing).

There weren't many viewers, so I was able to read chat. Several in the chat were asking Cntra if "C9 was really returning to Halo" and things of that nature. Pure speculation, and I could be totally wrong about the context. But it just seems like Cntra made a comment and people were responding.

I just figured TB could use some

8Th0GnW.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

To derail the talk about the skiers tweet, I would like to talk about the 6-4 map count. I do not believe that the first three map wins should hold relevancy here. That's like saying an NHL team won 4 of 4 games against a team in a regular season, then went 3-4 against that team in playoffs. Because they won the 4 regular season games, their record is 7-4 against that team. However, they didn't win the important games (playoffs) which is all that matters. I just don't like those round robin wins being brought up at all.

To add to that, EG looked beastly on Saturday compared to Friday and even Thursday. Lunch even mentioned something about the CLG round robin series not even mattering for the bracket, which gives me the impression that they weren't giving it entirely 100%.

I think CLG would most likely win that best of 7 more times than not against EG, but bringing the round robin scores into it just seems irrelevant.

There has never been a tournament format which cared about results from group stages, nor should they.

On top of that, fewer and fewer scenes are using the "continuation" format in tournaments. Some major tournaments have even done away with any form of WB advantage in double elim.

I don't see any team pushing CLG or EG out of the top 2 until after HWC Finals in March. I think those two teams are just too good on LAN right now and everyone else needs more time in those environments to beat them.

There weren't many viewers, so I was able to read chat. Several in the chat were asking Cntra if "C9 was really returning to Halo" and things of that nature. Pure speculation, and I could be totally wrong about the context. But it just seems like Cntra made a comment and people were responding.

I just figured TB could use some

8Th0GnW.gif

I don't see C9 returning now. Maybe after HWC. I don't see them as a brand who picks up a team in a much smaller esports that only has an outside chance of placing well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

After seeing Epsilon beat RNG last week i think there's definitely going to be an upset win(s) at HWC coming from an EU team. Won't be against RNG again though ;)

I want other parts of the globe to be good at Halo too.

After seeing Epsilon beat RNG last week i think there's definitely going to be an upset win(s) at HWC coming from an EU team. Won't be against RNG again though ;)

I want other parts of the globe to be good at Halo too.

And then Liquid 3-0'd them in a series where Unlegit literally kept putting his controller down.

I put no merit in the Epsilon vs Renegades series.  Renegades left after day 1.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do EU teams ever ask NA teams to scrim? I get that it will probably be laggy but it can't hurt to try it out. If I were on Epsilon, I would send messages to some of the top NA teams and just ask "Hey, would you like to try a scrim with us? If it's lagging after the first game we'll just stop the scrim so we don't waste our time"

Some of the "nicer" NA teams would have no problem trying it out. The only thing keeping EU teams from breaking into the top teams is their lack of access to the larger NA pool of competition.

I know the time zone difference is tough to deal with too.

This thread almost became Anita Sarkeesian/Zoe Quinn complaining about online harassment. Twitter is not a "safe space", so if you post an insulting, uninformed tweet, you can't complain when the trolls come running. That being said, don't be a dick, educate ignorant people while disarming them with humour. The last thing we need are people trying to demonize eSports or this forum, because of a few morons.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So they reset ranks and I am running solo in team arena my first 3 games I get match against a TO3 and TO4 and ranked champion top 100 kids. As of my. Team all unranked and one of my teammates has a 1.3 kda with 3k deaths and 1600 kills how am I supposed to even come close to winning games when this is what I get ? If anyone is sick of running team arena and getting effed over msg me GT Fomatics im down to run games

• Downvote (-1) 1

Do EU teams ever ask NA teams to scrim? I get that it will probably be laggy but it can't hurt to try it out. If I were on Epsilon, I would send messages to some of the top NA teams and just ask "Hey, would you like to try a scrim with us? If it's lagging after the first game we'll just stop the scrim so we don't waste our time"

Some of the "nicer" NA teams would have no problem trying it out. The only thing keeping EU teams from breaking into the top teams is their lack of access to the larger NA pool of competition.

I know the time zone difference is tough to deal with too.

I get matched up against players all over the globe so they can suck it up. Whether its laggy as shit ninja will still contest while 1 shot. Some of the plays he made during x games were making me cring. Im thinking to myself why cant he be more ddisciplined especially going up against clg.
  • Downvote (-1) 1