CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

it's kind of a bummer that all these eSports athletes decided to be incredible assholes towards that skier chick. esports is obviously a new concept to a lot of these people and I don't think harassing them bc they don't understand it is the best way to get them to change their mind. it just makes us look like children tbh

"Harassing". Disagreeing with someone on twitter does not qualify as harassment. In terms of actual pro gamers that replied to her tweets, they were mostly funny pictures (snip3down), innocent troll tweets (lxthul), or people just calling her ignorant and disrespectful. They were not assholes to her in any way.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I just wonder why instead of "FUCK YOU DUMB BITCH HAHA YOU DIDNT EVEN WIN A MEDAL" they couldn't just be like "hey I think you're getting the wrong idea of what we do and if you'd like we can show you what we're all about"

it's not that hard to be a decent person about it

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just wonder why instead of "FUCK YOU DUMB BITCH HAHA YOU DIDNT EVEN WIN A MEDAL" they couldn't just be like "hey I think you're getting the wrong idea of what we do and if you'd like we can show you what we're all about"

cuz they were mad

Just a heads up, if anyone gets a message from @@Trolly, do not open it. Disgusting.

i got it too. luckily the years of cyber warfare/trolling i've endured have desensitized me from gross pics like that. I literally feel nothing from goatse bc i've seen it so many times

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did any actual pros say anything particularly bad to that lady? I've mostly seen funny responses to someone that attacked their livelihood, responses that aren't harmful to her in any way personally (i.e. Snipedown and Lethul's lightly trolling tweets). If you're going to attack someone's passion, you should expect some sort of response.  And if you can't handle basic, funny rebuttals then you probably should have kept your mouth shut in the first place. 

I'm sure there's plenty of asshole non-pro gamers out there saying really awful shit, but that's the status quo for virtually every group that exists in the world (there's always some small, loud % that's trash).

We're now expecting anyone that plays video games or is a fan of these teams to be a good person?  I'm sorry, but that's unreasonable. I wish every community out there would do better as people from top to bottom, but it's not going to happen.

• Upvote (+1) 4

luckily the years of cyber warfare/trolling i've endured have desensitized me from gross pics like that. I literally feel nothing from goatse bc i've seen it so many times

Fair point, but moreso for the people who might be browsing at work.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To derail the talk about the skiers tweet, I would like to talk about the 6-4 map count. I do not believe that the first three map wins should hold relevancy here. That's like saying an NHL team won 4 of 4 games against a team in a regular season, then went 3-4 against that team in playoffs. Because they won the 4 regular season games, their record is 7-4 against that team. However, they didn't win the important games (playoffs) which is all that matters. I just don't like those round robin wins being brought up at all.

To add to that, EG looked beastly on Saturday compared to Friday and even Thursday. Lunch even mentioned something about the CLG round robin series not even mattering for the bracket, which gives me the impression that they weren't giving it entirely 100%.

I think CLG would most likely win that best of 7 more times than not against EG, but bringing the round robin scores into it just seems irrelevant.

• Upvote (+1) 8

when you work for years on accomplishing a goal and someone who has no idea about what you do comes out and says it's not legitimate, you're probably not going to be too happy, I can't really blame anyone for their responses.

i got it too. luckily the years of cyber warfare/trolling i've endured have desensitized me from gross pics like that. I literally feel nothing from goatse bc i've seen it so many times

Fuck.

What is it?

Read the above quote.

Wish I saw this before I opened it at work.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fuck.

Read the above quote.

Wish I saw this before I opened it at work.

Lol that normie shit? Kid is gonna have to try harder.

Yeah, I wish I saw this before I saw the message.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a heads up, if anyone gets a message from @@Trolly, do not open it. Disgusting.

Glad I opened that up at work.....

If I get fired, I'm hunting that dude down.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I saw the preview and didn't even open it.

Anger isn't justification for being a shitty person.

Isn't calling someone a "shitty person" exactly what you are arguing against? See how this works?
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But that is the issue. If she never says what she did then no one replies to her. Just because her opinion is uninformed doesn't make it OK for her to say whatever she wants initially and then be educated afterwards.

Now, don't take this as condoning all of the responses to her. But don't act as if it wasn't brought on by her all. She's in a position where she shouldn't be ignorant to the problems social media can bring with harsh treatment and unwarranted criticism towards public figures from sometimes nameless, faceless internet users. Like Vin said, she should know better.

And if you really think the things that most of the professional gamers who have competed and won at X Games are too much, you need to get a grip. She bashed their professions, and in some cases, livelihoods. You think they are just going to brush that off? C'mon.

And, as the saying goes, "any publicity is Good publicity."  Any way you look at it she has more exposure for herself.  She will make out ahead in the end.  And I don't think anyone has a solution to police a whole communities public media habits.  Let's shrug it off and move to the next topic...

avatar_b1a40d440dcc_128.png + avatar_76ba46eeda81_128.png

Hey das me.

But anyways questions for someone who follows the EU scene more closely.

So is Epsilon just on another level from the rest of the EU teams? Is anyone close to their level? And how long have they been together?