CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I have been messaged constantly to hold more polls, and to even start a "Halo Pro Player Union" so players can be more organized and clear on what they want. While I would not be against a Pro Union, frankly - 343 has at the very least 3-4 people that are paid to get feedback, to make their own league better. I have enough on my plate already, the thought of doing someones else's job for free does not seem very appealing to me.

About the Polls - like I mentioned before I have been messaged a lot to poll pros about x,y and z. In my opinion if we are polling pro players every 5 minutes, the polls are not going to hold as much weight. I think the reason why we saw the breakout change shortly after the poll is because nothing like that has really been done from a 3rd party before, and broadcasted on a platform that people actually use (Beyond). 

Just my thinking, maybe I am wrong, or an ass, oh well.

giphy.gif

i'm 60% sure saucey will find this funny. inb4 i'm banned

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only person who feels like EG and CLG both got better from the team changes? I honestly think Allegiance would have walked away with gold medals if the hurricane didn't happen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only person who feels like EG and CLG both got better from the team changes? I honestly think Allegiance would have walked away with gold medals if the hurricane didn't happen.

I think CLG got better. I don't think Commonly is better than Lxthul.

Lxthul had a great point in the interview, over the course of the weekend at X Games CLG beat EG 6 times, and EG beat CLG 4 times.

I am convinced EG could pick up any 4th and contend, because those dudes just know how to win. 8 straight LAN wins? Look at all their wins in H3 and forward.

When the pressure is on, they clamp down. It doesn't matter if they are behind in a series. They ALWAYS believe they can win. And they do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think EG and CLG stand out way above the rest of the competition.  It's going to be hard to get past those 2 teams.

I think CLG got better. I don't think Commonly is better than Lxthul.

Just want to clarify, I don't think Commonly is necessarily better than Lethul, but I do think it's possible that he brings some things to the team that they were sorely missing. For one, I'm pretty sure they get more power-ups now by a long shot.

Before last weekend I considered TJ the best player in the game, but I'm much less sure about that after seeing how well EG was able to do without him.

it's kind of a bummer that all these eSports athletes decided to be incredible assholes towards that skier chick. esports is obviously a new concept to a lot of these people and I don't think harassing them bc they don't understand it is the best way to get them to change their mind. it just makes us look like children tbh

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

it's kind of a bummer that all these eSports athletes decided to be incredible assholes towards that skier chick. esports is obviously a new concept to a lot of these people and I don't think harassing them bc they don't understand it is the best way to get them to change their mind. it just makes us look like children tbh

You reap what you sow. 

People don't need to say every dickish thing on their mind to justify their relevancy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just want to clarify, I don't think Commonly is necessarily better than Lethul, but I do think it's possible that he brings some things to the team that they were sorely missing. For one, I'm pretty sure they get more power-ups now by a long shot.

Before last weekend I considered TJ the best player in the game, but I'm much less sure about that after seeing how well EG was able to do without him.

That is interesting. I wonder if they are in fact getting power weapon control more, somehow. That would be an interesting stat to have for scrims/tourneys.

You reap what you sow. 

I don't think one misinformed tweet warrants the level of harassment she's getting 

People don't need to say every dickish thing on their mind to justify their relevancy. 

this holds truer to all the esports fans who keep tweeting at her

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think one misinformed tweet warrants the level of harassment she's getting 

this holds truer to all the esports fans who keep tweeting at her

eSports fans aren't held to a standard that she is. They aren't professional athletes, it's not the same at all. 

Here's something you should watch (especially if, like you said, she's misinformed on a subject):

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really hope they're saving the money and utilizing it for next years World Champs and Pro League. Think with me here for a second.

Hypothetically lets say they can boost the prize pool to four million this year. We have this explosive World Champs and the money gets paid out.

Next year, 343 only raises 2 Million for the HWC. Now our prize pool looks 2 million dollars smaller. What image does that present? How do sponsors react?

How do partners react? How does the community react?

It makes WAY more sense for them to keep it at 2 million, and have a sustainable business model for the next one, two, or three years.

Keep in mind, I have no idea what their actual numbers are, and without knowing said information I cant build a mock model.

EDIT: But team skins would be legendary.

If they didn't plan on continuing to grow the prize pool. They wouldn't say "2 million and rising" as often as they do. Chances are they have raised around a million + so even if they did put some away for next season or something they could still substantially change this years HWC. Either way you look at it, not updating the prize pool for 2 months is bizarre for a crowdfunding venture.

eSports fans aren't held to a standard that she is. They aren't professional athletes, it's not the same at all. 

Here's something you should watch (especially if, like you said, she's misinformed on a subject):

i've seen that but it has nothing to do with my point. whether she should've tweeted it or not isn't the issue. my problem is how the esports world reacted to it

• Downvote (-1) 1

i've seen that but it has nothing to do with my point. whether she should've tweeted it or not isn't the issue. my problem is how the esports world reacted to it

You think the eSports world would be the only group to respond like that? lol?

Do you not follow ANY sort of social media?

• Upvote (+1) 2

oh so it's ok that the esports world is doing it bc other communities might do it as well. gotcha.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This video is relevant for 1 tweet that she made.

It is also relevant for 10,000 tweets that the eSports community responded to her with.

The way to breach ignorance is not immaturity. It is education.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you have never responded to someone that insulted you? Ever? Because it's really not that serious. She said something messed up about people that dedicate their lives to their craft the same way she does and all they did was respond back. You can't say something negative about an entire group of people and expect every single person to say "lol it's okay".

oh so it's ok that the esports world is doing it bc other communities might do it as well. gotcha.

No, no, no, two wrongs don't make a right, I just don't think it's fair to be too harsh on a community fighting to get the attention it deserves.

It is how twitter always is. 

So you have never responded to someone that insulted you? Ever? Because it's really not that serious. She said something messed up about people that dedicate their lives to their craft the same way she does and all they did was respond back. You can't say something negative about an entire group of people and expect every single person to say "lol it's okay".

But isn't the problem that we can't expect every single person not to flame her?

Just because we "expect" people to tweet personal shit at her from our community, doesn't make it "okay".

But isn't the problem that we can't expect every single person not to flame her?

Just because we "expect" people to tweet personal shit at her from our community, doesn't make it "okay".

I don't think it's okay, I agree with you, but Snipedowns tweet seems fair game to me.

They earned the gold, which is just a representation of being the best at the competition they were invited to compete in. Saying #couchgamers is where I lose any guilt for her shaming. 

That triggered me for sure.

She needs to learn to respect every form of competition, especially within the X-Games where it was founded on "not real sports" being treated with respect and relevancy. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's not a big deal. People are speaking their minds and nothing anyone does will make people magically become saints that never speak negatively on anything. So why even complain about the way people respond? Speak how you feel you should and don't worry about what everyone else says. It's pointless.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

But that is the issue. If she never says what she did then no one replies to her. Just because her opinion is uninformed doesn't make it OK for her to say whatever she wants initially and then be educated afterwards.

Now, don't take this as condoning all of the responses to her. But don't act as if it wasn't brought on by her all. She's in a position where she shouldn't be ignorant to the problems social media can bring with harsh treatment and unwarranted criticism towards public figures from sometimes nameless, faceless internet users. Like Vin said, she should know better.

And if you really think the things that most of the professional gamers who have competed and won at X Games are too much, you need to get a grip. She bashed their professions, and in some cases, livelihoods. You think they are just going to brush that off? C'mon.

• Upvote (+1) 1